Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   4299 views

Description

Blizzard added an ARG (Alternate Reality Game) / Puzzle in the 2.5 patch notes. If you look at end there is written:
P.S. We were flipping through the old Diablo II manual and found this confounding inscription. . .what does it all mean?
and a picture:

What do you think about it?
Description by atari

Can be used to make Runewords:

atari 453

Europe XLinux
Blizzard added an ARG (Alternate Reality Game) / Puzzle in the 2.5 patch notes. If you look at end there is written:
P.S. We were flipping through the old Diablo II manual and found this confounding inscription. . .what does it all mean?
and a picture:

What do you think about it?

Gems stacking!

ALL MY TRADES ARE NON-LADDER

"ARGHHHHHHH, FRESH MEAT"
OP

atari 453

Europe XLinux
Solution for the text and the next step:
Spoiler

Link to the google spreadsheet were all the text from the gem numbers is put together.

Where is the active puzzle solving going on? Just looking at this image, there's all sorts of stuff coming to mind, and while I doubt I'm in any place to solve any part of this, I would love to see the real solution unfold.

For example, there seems to be a lot of Act 3 stuff here. A Black Book, like
Lam Esen's Tome
. 4 Canopic Jars, which hold organs, such as perhaps the 4 pieces of Khalim we collect during act 3 (eye, brain, heart, will). The little statue, which could be the Jade Figurine. There's the text about the burning red gem, which could be the compelling orb, though I kinda doubt that. The
Dagger
could be
The Gidbinn
. The text on the coins says "Evil Remains" in Latin as far as I can tell. Not a Latin scholar, so I could be misreading it.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Impressive and great work, summarizing the Lore of D1 D2 D2Lod DImmo D3 D3RoS... and I suppose preparing the one of D4 !

That's a great easter egg ! (But probably no link to Stackable gems unfortunately)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Thinking out loud, this "The Gem All Seeing" bit came from the wall of text. That seems like a pretty good clue. Not sure if there's more to find in the text or not.

So far, after each step, there's been something in the original image to reference to lead us to the next step. Cipher needed the word resurrected from the chat gem coin, which brought us to the chat gem itself, then to the Diablo manual.

There's a ton more stuff in that image that we haven't used yet. My feeling is that its time to combine "The Gem All Seeing" with the image. There's 2 other gems in the image, the SoJ and the eyes of the little dog-monster statue. Eyes are used to see, so the dog-statue may be relevant. The dog-monster statue reminds me of a Komainu, guardians of shrines or something like that, but I can't think of any shrines that would be relevant here. In the wall of text, 'gem' was also used to refer to a character, but I can't think of any character I'd describe as "All Seeing" that are also relevantly connected to Diablo 2. Maybe Trang-Oul? As for the SoJ, they're too valuable for me to want to monkey around with, and it would be pretty crappy of Bliz to lock a cool puzzle like this behind a semi-valuable item that many casuals interested in this puzzle probably don't have.

Nate 535

Switch
Has anyone cubed all the p gems, soj and
Baal
’s eye? (Or whichever eye is from the
Pandemonium Event
)
Studying the Image:

Things we have used:
The text on the journal.
The word "Resurrected" on the Gem-Coin
The Chat gem of the gem-coin
The Diablo 2 Manual

Things we have not used and clearly know what they are:
Horadric Cube

Diablo (in his Sanctuary)
Stone of Jordan
Ring
Lord of Destruction cover art (unless we consider that used with the manual).

Things we have not used and are not sure what they are:
Dark lock
2 silver keys (not the 3 keys used in
Pandemonium Event
, but 2. Maybe talking about 2 parts of
The Horadric Staff
used to open
Tal Rasha's Chamber
and
Duriel
?)
"???? - 2021" on the gem-coin, with 2021 being D2:R's release year.
"Keep the core" on the gem-coin
8 count of Diablo/
Dark Wanderer
faced coins with "Malum Superest," or "Evil Remains" written 4 times per coin, 32 times total.
Pentagram drawing on journal
4 Canopic Jars (not 3 like the organs used in
Pandemonium Event
, perhaps the 4 parts used in
Khalim's Will
?)
Candlestick (Or whatever that is?)
Leather Bag
Dog-monster statue with red gem eyes and a
Diamond
on his forehead/
Crown

Dagger

Abacus
Dark Tome (Perhaps Black Book of
Lam Esen's Tome
, or moldy tome from act 1?)

How about
Iron Golem
skill?
There is a change when Iron Golems persist between games if created by
Metalgrid

Relax and have fun!
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
How about
Iron Golem
skill?
There is a change when Iron Golems persist between games if created by
Metalgrid
I'm somewhat skeptical of that, but who knows. For this to be a fair puzzle for the community, I still think it needs to be completable by anyone with any character, hence why the stages so far have been out of game or using just the lobby. Needing a necro or IG item from
Metalgrid
would be a specific gate requirement that would break that. Now, I could totally be wrong about this, but that's my intuition. I have been running around with my necro though just looking for things in the image, and he has an IG, so maybe I'll stumble on something.

I haven't watched the video. Has anyone remarked about the stamp on the left key? It's upside down and mirrored, but the opposite face should show "22-", not sure what the dash is.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Couldn't simply it be some advertisement for the Diablo Prime Evil collector pack ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Couldn't simply it be some advertisement for the Diablo Prime Evil collector pack ?
Unlikely, if they were trying to sell stuff, I don't think they'd make a mystery of it.

Some of the props remind me of d3 cinematics and in-game cut scenes. Maybe some kind of cross-game event?

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...