Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   2477 views

Description

People are trading
Lo
runes for 10 Tokens, and ohms for 8 of them.

I am just wondering why there's such high demand.
Is it because the ladder season is coming to an end, and people will need to reset their toons around the new runewords?

Can be used to make Runewords:

People are trading
Lo
runes for 10 Tokens, and ohms for 8 of them.

I am just wondering why there's such high demand.
Is it because the ladder season is coming to an end, and people will need to reset their toons around the new runewords?

Necrarch 1685Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Tokens seem to sell usually for
Mal
or
Ist
And as about 10-11
Ist
=
Lo
, well, I guess if you're rich in runes and in need of respecs (for PvP perhaps ?)...

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Because of Meph. :D

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

louner 200

Europe PC
Token =
Ist
is the non-ladder price, so I guess ladder prices start to be similar to non-ladder ones.

8 for
Ohm
is actually a really good price. 10 for
Lo
is normal. :P

People buy them in bulk because you can sell tokens on d2jsp for more forum gold than
Ist
is worth, then they buy Ists or
Lo
with that forum gold and buy tokens with runes again (and you have some fg leftover). Sometimes you can also sell something like 25-28 tokens for
Ber
, sell
Ber
for 3
Lo
then buy 30 Tokens for that and keep going (and you have few tokens extra as a leftover). So this happens because of a trading / flipping schemes mostly. That slowly pumps / inflates the prices of everything, because each transaction has to rise them a little. Ladder just catches up to non-ladder. Some people (probably minority) actually want to respec. :P

This is the same thing that people do when trading runes (buy
Jah
for
Ber
, sell
Jah
for 4
Lo
, buy
Ber
for 3
Lo
, keep going :P or buy
Sur
for
Lo
, then make a
Ber
, sell
Ber
for 3
Lo
). Sometimes its more blatant, sometimes it's like trading tokens and that just artificially pumps prices over time. Kind of dumb imo, but this is what happens. :P

There were also bot banwaves recently, so probably that contributed to prices also (tokens are just used up, new are not coming as fast as before, because ppl didnt setup bots yet :P)

Loner thanks for explanations, but if someone is buying tokens, then they have to be selling them to someone I wonder who would make so many respec... as I play I have several characters at lvl 85+ so if I wanted to have dedicated PvP and PvE same build character with minor differences I would just create another character and with swapping gear I would get same result but for free.

Are those ppl really that rich that runes like
Ohm
or
Lo
are nothing to them?

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel

louner 200

Europe PC
The Flash wrote: 1 year ago
Loner thanks for explanations, but if someone is buying tokens, then they have to be selling them to someone I wonder who would make so many respec... as I play I have several characters at lvl 85+ so if I wanted to have dedicated PvP and PvE same build character with minor differences I would just create another character and with swapping gear I would get same result but for free.

Ohm
or
Lo
are nothing to them?
Yes, there are many ppl for whom
Lo
is almost nothing or flip hundreds of runes / tokens / crafts a day. You underestimate D2 traders.

There are many people who trade just for the sake of trading for the entire day. For some I think it’s just a full time job (selling excess from trading for real money), for some it’s addiction. Not judging nor praising that, just the facts. :D

louner wrote: 1 year ago

Ohm
or
Lo
are nothing to them?
Yes, there are many ppl for whom
Lo
is almost nothing or flip hundreds of runes / tokens / crafts a day. You underestimate D2 traders.

There are many people who trade just for the sake of trading for the entire day. For some I think it’s just a full time job (selling excess from trading for real money), for some it’s addiction. Not judging nor praising that, just the facts. :D
I am not judging them. I am actually their customer - 10€ monthly. I never wanted to spend real money on game. But I did some math. I work as freelancer atm. So I can work anytime. So lets say if I farm 1hr will I find
Ber
rune? No, but if instead of farming I work for 15minutes I will earn real money to buy
Ber

I also knew one guy, who didnt even play the game. Back in the day his highest lvl hero was Paladin at lvl 57 or something. But he had 3mules full with runes
Ist
and higher. He just loves trading and for him a goal was to have one mule full with
Jah
runes.

P.S.: when
Fal
rune (or any higher) drops from monster I just killed it makes me really happy.

I never understood ppl who has only Sorc and playing just her. After 30mins of hearing
Teleport
sounds I have to switch character.

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef

Schnorki 3225Moderator

PC
Considering how many folks keep complaining about "not enough char slots", assuming a fair chunk of them instead rotate build to build via respecs on a regular basis is probably not far fetched.

Beyond that, it is a natural outcome of the game/season maturing.

Folks get their char(s) up. They get them geared initially. Many folks are done with that. Beyond that, you either..
1) do nothing that shifts the economy
2) perfect those chars' gear, driving up the price of runes and especially perfect rolls relative to everything else
3) repeatedly respec to either perfect your chars (perfect roll = possibly a couple less hard stat pts needed in str/dex/.. = respec to perfect point distribution to match) or to mess around with random other builds for the sake of experimenting

As a result, tokens go up, runes go up and perfect rolls go up even further which is essentially what we've seen on NL as well as in L as it matured.
I am not judging them. I am actually their customer - 10€ monthly.
In many countries, students are paid for less than 0.5€/hour.
You are maybe helping some people having a part time job.

Relax and have fun!
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
I am not judging them. I am actually their customer - 10€ monthly.
In many countries, students are paid for less than 0.5€/hour.
You are maybe helping some people having a part time job.
I live in poor country, avg pay in my region is somewhere around 450-500€ month for full time job 180+hrs. I was lucky to found this job.

When D3 was released one of my friend took half a year unpaid vacation. And was playing D3. He told me his monthly income during this 6months was actually double of his normal income. Yeah he played D3 less time than he was normally working. I was playing till I sold 2rings which bring same amount of money which I spent on game itself back to my bank account. Then I uninstalled the game. I wanted to play Diablo Immortal, but when I read that my entire life income will be enough to max my character. I immediatelly uninstalled it without even playing.

And I am well awere that there are way poor country than mine.

Btw guys who deliver runes to me are mostly from NA region. And company I use is registered in San Francisco. So I dont think I am giving money to ppl who work for 1€ per hour in real world.

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
Btw guys who deliver runes to me are mostly from NA region. And company I use is registered in San Francisco. So I dont think I am giving money to ppl who work for 1€ per hour in real world.
The rune can be found from a guy living in a poor country who sell it to that San Francisco company.

The similar way as an iphone sold by Apple but manufactured in China.

Relax and have fun!
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
The rune can be found from a guy living in a poor country who sell it to that San Francisco company.

The similar way as an iphone sold by Apple but manufactured in China.
I hope so. I would like to think that I am actually helping someone to buy dinner ;)

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
OP
Thank you guys. I guess I am 2 Tokens away from a
Lo

I read some guides on d2jsp and followed some other threads, but I never really understood that forum gold system or purpose. I also didn't know how badly it affects the market on d2

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...