Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   6194 views

Description

I finished my second ever 3x3
Key
set and I'm feeling pretty accomplished. After my first set, I went and leveled a Sorc for
Key
farms so I was on a
Key
break for the week it took me to do that, then I started solo nihl farms on my pally and (big oofs) took like 6 hours or more before I got the three there. Then it was on to summoner farms on the sorc and given that drop rates, even solo in the zone, are about 40% better in full games I was on a speedrun every
Baal
game to kill
The Summoner
before
Baal
died and everyone left. That farm was significantly easier regarding the number of runs I needed before getting the three keys and the old D1 mage was nice enough to drop a Bul-Kathos band for me during them. Last step, the tower. I was expecting to be rich in runes after a bunch of
Key
runs, but even after getting like 100 runes after cubing it came out to about an extra
Fal
and nothing better than a
Ko
dropped for all the runs, but I did get a Trang glove and a sweet double
Key
drop while on the job so it wasn't bad, even if it took a while. Any time I was real quick, under 2 mins from game start to countess kill, was nice and I got way better at cutting times down by the end.

So, about 4 days and 12 hours of gameplay and now I can go get another torch. Even if the torch rolls crap and non-pal/sorc, it'll still be useful to me.

At any rate, I made this topic so others could share their unexpectedly good
Key
farm drops or record speeds for getting a completed 3x3 set through farms or just revel in their finished
Key
farm journey. Good luck out there and remember, if you ever see a five
Key
drop screenshot that junk, noone will believe it, but screenshot it anyways!

Can be used to make Runewords:

I finished my second ever 3x3
Key
set and I'm feeling pretty accomplished. After my first set, I went and leveled a Sorc for
Key
farms so I was on a
Key
break for the week it took me to do that, then I started solo nihl farms on my pally and (big oofs) took like 6 hours or more before I got the three there. Then it was on to summoner farms on the sorc and given that drop rates, even solo in the zone, are about 40% better in full games I was on a speedrun every
Baal
game to kill
The Summoner
before
Baal
died and everyone left. That farm was significantly easier regarding the number of runs I needed before getting the three keys and the old D1 mage was nice enough to drop a Bul-Kathos band for me during them. Last step, the tower. I was expecting to be rich in runes after a bunch of
Key
runs, but even after getting like 100 runes after cubing it came out to about an extra
Fal
and nothing better than a
Ko
dropped for all the runs, but I did get a Trang glove and a sweet double
Key
drop while on the job so it wasn't bad, even if it took a while. Any time I was real quick, under 2 mins from game start to countess kill, was nice and I got way better at cutting times down by the end.

So, about 4 days and 12 hours of gameplay and now I can go get another torch. Even if the torch rolls crap and non-pal/sorc, it'll still be useful to me.

At any rate, I made this topic so others could share their unexpectedly good
Key
farm drops or record speeds for getting a completed 3x3 set through farms or just revel in their finished
Key
farm journey. Good luck out there and remember, if you ever see a five
Key
drop screenshot that junk, noone will believe it, but screenshot it anyways!

Nate 537

Switch
Congrats! Yea finalizing a 3x3 isnā€™t a small thing, and getting the second one is probably the best. After your second torch your characters start to get really strong, letting you farm some other equipment, increasing your clear speed even more.

After I got 2 pally torches in a row I took a break for a bit, just doing a
Nihlathak
or tower run or two ever now and then to break up trav/cows/LK/etc monotonony. After not too long youā€™ll be like: ā€œomg, I can do an Uber run if I just get one more
Key
ā€. Which is much more enjoyable than focused
Key
farming.
Here to share my horrible luck with
Key
farming. Took around 120 summoner runs to get my very first
Key
off him.

Been 5-6 months since then, and have been farming keys for a while without much issue (prob found a dozen or so sets total, with a couple double
Key
drops), but now most recently I've done a record 150
Nihlathak
runs without a
Key
drop, and it's starting to bug me!! Here's to hoping I can break that losing streak tonight..

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
OP
Oof! 150 runs with no
Key
on Nihl sounds rough, but you're likely geared well enough that they're at least merciful on the time taken. If only Nihl was as low risk to just barge in and blast like the other two!
I had a long dry streak on this
Key
set on Nihl, probably 40-50 runs with no
Key
before I got my second one and I think at a point during that streak I ended up just quitting for the day because not seeing the keys was bugging me.
150, though. That's a long enough dry streak to make a guy think there's some dev messing with them, lol!
LOL, yes I do get those Truman Show vibes every now and then with these drops. But then I remember Murphy's Law and just accept my fate xD

UDPATE: Finally got it at run #180

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
Here to share my horrible luck with
Key
farming. Took around 120 summoner runs to get my very first
Key
off him.

Been 5-6 months since then, and have been farming keys for a while without much issue (prob found a dozen or so sets total, with a couple double
Key
drops), but now most recently I've done a record 150
Nihlathak
runs without a
Key
drop, and it's starting to bug me!! Here's to hoping I can break that losing streak tonight..
I'm in a similar boat with keys from
The Summoner
. I have never gotten a key from him. Over 50 runs so far and that cheap bastard hasn't given me a damn thing. Normal odds would put it at about 1:12 in a solo game. I already hate the guessing game of which wing to go in
Arcane Sanctuary
even with
Teleport
. I know 50 is a low number of runs over the span of the three months I've been playing, but I hate farming items in general so I don't do it unless I can do it quickly.

My only
Key of Hate
was acquired through a trade. Meanwhile, I have 11 Keys of Destruction that I farmed with relative ease once I got
Nature's Peace
and figured out the
Halls of Pain
and Vaught. I don't go out of my way to farm those currently because I'm so far ahead on them. Keys of Terror didn't feel too hard to come by back when I was still farming
The Forgotten Tower
, but I haven't done a tower run in a couple of months now. I have three of those, and again, not in immediate need of more until I get caught up on Keys of Hate.

Just another reason why I prefer playing online. Better off trading for those damn things instead.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

ShadowHeart 1780Moderator

Europe PC
You can trade one type of
Key
for another. If you prefer farming either
Nihlathak
or
The Countess
, for example, you can use excess keys to buy Keys of Hate and forget about
The Summoner
. Personally, I like running
Arcane Sanctuary
for the ghosts as well, so I don't mind the guessing game with the correct path. The majority of my HR drops have been from there, killing ghosts on the way to
The Summoner

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
I agree with
Arcane Sanctuary
farm. Its fastest, after u kill summoner u jump to portal, get to act4 (shortest walking in town to WP) and leave the game.

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel
OP
Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
UDPATE: Finally got it at run #180
Now the true test comes for the next set. Will your extended dry streak equate to a statistical Edge for the next couple of
Key
drops, or will it just feel that way even if they're dropping 20-30 runs apart? lol
I always go to the tower and trade keys if I have more than 3 keys of
Terror
. Within finding 3 keys of
Terror
I usually find one
Ist
one
Mal
and one
Um
from
The Countess
Had Nihlithak drop 3 keys once. That was dope as!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation