Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   4925 views

Description

Hey guys,

you've been helping me quite alot in the last weeks and after I finally finished my zealot a couple of days ago I now started focusing on maxing my act 2 merc. Got him an
Eth
Fortitude (on a nice 11ed armor base) and an
Andariel's Visage
(those choices seemed pretty obvious to me...). But there's one thing I can't realy decide on and that's his weapon. Contenders are:

Eth
The Reaper's Toll

Eth
Bonehew
(3 soc I guess)
Eth
Hone Sundan
(with Gface)
or
Eth
Obedience

The reason I'm not sure about R. Toll is that I use (and love!)
Dracul's Grasp
on my Zealot (for the
Life Tap
). Now
Decrepify
on R. Toll sounds great, but both curses will negate themselves and that doesn't sound too good. You guys got some advice here?

Greetings: Chris
Description by manfromscene24

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey guys,

you've been helping me quite alot in the last weeks and after I finally finished my zealot a couple of days ago I now started focusing on maxing my act 2 merc. Got him an
Eth
Fortitude (on a nice 11ed armor base) and an
Andariel's Visage
(those choices seemed pretty obvious to me...). But there's one thing I can't realy decide on and that's his weapon. Contenders are:

Eth
The Reaper's Toll

Eth
Bonehew
(3 soc I guess)
Eth
Hone Sundan
(with Gface)
or
Eth
Obedience

The reason I'm not sure about R. Toll is that I use (and love!)
Dracul's Grasp
on my Zealot (for the
Life Tap
). Now
Decrepify
on R. Toll sounds great, but both curses will negate themselves and that doesn't sound too good. You guys got some advice here?

Greetings: Chris
I can say that the
Decrepify
proc sucks if you're relying on the
Life Tap
. I leave my merc dead on my smiter for that reason

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
It really depends if you want to focus on your main or your merc.

You may want to replace Dracs with
Laying of Hands
for more damage to demons. Instead on relying on
Life Tap
proc, you might want to go for a dual leech ring instead.

For merc, I would go for a2
Holy Freeze
merc with
Eth
reaper's toll and Treachery for the increased number of attachs for proc decrep.
Holy Freeze
and decrep combine will make bosses super slow.

Darbon 120

Paladin Europe PC
Dont use dracks unless you farm Uber bosses, have some good life leech instead 10% or more and some DR % like 20 % +, reapers tool on merc or Insight if you use Enigma. I have zealot char from day one to 96 in HC I know what I say 😎 0% mage.

OP
Well... now I'm even more confused :P Let's make my request clearer: Say I want to keep Dracul's, because of the feeling of invincibility they give me; which of the above weaopons would be the best for my merc? And two other things;

yeosld recommended a dual leech ring - for which i have no use, cause I never have any mana-issues (a high lifeleech would be enough imo) and

Darbon suggested some high lifeleech gloves - but aren't drags actually the ones with the highest lifeleech (besides non-uniques and set ^^)?

btw: lifeleech is only at 8% right now (can easily get that higher) and DR at 18%
how much attack speed do you have?

manfromscene24 wrote: 1 year ago
Well... now I'm even more confused :P Let's make my request clearer: Say I want to keep Dracul's, because of the feeling of invincibility they give me; which of the above weaopons would be the best for my merc? And two other things;

yeosld recommended a dual leech ring - for which i have no use, cause I never have any mana-issues (a high lifeleech would be enough imo) and

Darbon suggested some high lifeleech gloves - but aren't drags actually the ones with the highest lifeleech (besides non-uniques and set ^^)?

btw: lifeleech is only at 8% right now (can easily get that higher) and DR at 18%
every merc is way to slow at killing things. they can have 8k+ damage, which is good, but nonetheless they are always way too slow in killing things.
the main reason for a merc is to give you an aura to boost you. therefore you the main thing for your merc is to not die.
yours has a forti and andy's face already which is fine. give him Obedience. reaper's toll will overwrite your
Life Tap

on second thought, I was going off my tesladin which doesn't need a merc at all.
give him the
Bonehew
and socket it with 2
Amn
runes for 14% life leech. then he should be fine. he will not be invincible, but he will survive ok.

There are many factors to be considered while choosing the merc weapon.
  • Your current setup (gear and skills)
  • Your playing style
  • Solo or in party
  • Where you farm
  • The players count (1 or more)
  • your budget (do you have some
    Ber
    /
    Jah
    to throw in)
  • Things that I forgot
Without all those details, I don't think anyone can give you a good answer.

Relax and have fun!

Darbon 120

Paladin Europe PC
I didnt sugest life leech glowes, my setup is dual leech ring +
String of Ears
, gloves are
Laying of Hands
no better option than this for pvm, with Grief crushing blow is not required % dmg will be better. If u have nightmare lvl char good option is
Vampire Gaze
+
String of Ears
until u get end game stuff

OP
Hey guys,

just a quick update on what I finally settled: got myself an
Eth
Reaper's Toll and socketed it with
Shael
(fancy jewel was not in my pricerange). All over damage and survivability is now waaaay higher then before (had
Tal
Helmet, non
Eth
Bonehew
and Treachery). I also changed my glove-ring-
Belt
Setup from Draculs,
Goldwrap
and Nagel30 to Chance Guard40, Nosferatus and a 11%LL ring with Life, Ar and Str. Everything feels smoother now and I'm up to 17LL now, which is still enough in hell.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation