Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   2801 views

HC - Life after the ladder? - do people play HC Non-Ladder on BNET?

No data yet

Description

Hello community,

Well, a question as per title really. I am considering what to do after ladder season (start again, again) or.... use my roster for level 85+ HC toons, consolidate my meager pool of runes and gear, and soldier on. Is there any non-ladder, HC community to speak of? will I see another player again?

Cheers.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello community,

Well, a question as per title really. I am considering what to do after ladder season (start again, again) or.... use my roster for level 85+ HC toons, consolidate my meager pool of runes and gear, and soldier on. Is there any non-ladder, HC community to speak of? will I see another player again?

Cheers.

“To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.”
I have never played HC but I believe more people will be playing HC on non ladder, rather than starting another toons on season 2
I believe there are a few communities on discord with HC players, both ladder and non ladder
OP
Thanks for the reply, I am a novice discord user, any hints on finding these communities? :)

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
@Th3ory @Darbon

Rolfe_WJ_2 wrote: 1 year ago

[...] will I see another player again? [...]
no, there will be nothing, just void.
everyone will delete their chars, then the game, then windows. there will be nothing but eternal dark.

it's kind of a "live in the moment" thing

SCNR :D

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Teebling wrote: 1 year ago
@Th3ory @Darbon
100% I expect majority to stick to Ladder. Rarely if ever in LoD did anyone play HC ladder. Most duel off their characters for fun or just start fresh. While yes in D2R 2.4 they brought the benefits of Ladder to NL, I still don't see this happening at scale.

Remember, we are no more than 10% of the player base and majority of HC players will gravitate to the majority which (my gut says) will remain Ladder for Season 2.

Some people may just stick it out with NL, but there is actually more bragging rights to the ladder ranking sin Hardcore than Softcore given the smaller player-base.

FWIW, I am in a handful of Discords with a significant portion of Hardcore players and almost all of them are going Ladder as expected.

OP
Again, thanks for the reply, I'm really not sure what is best for me to do :( . Since I have stopped using d2jsp in favour of trading here (item vs item like the old days) I didnt drop the bases or use some of the runes that I have found. The reset means I ...throw them away. I guess I have a week or so to figure this out. I could even go offline :(

atari 453

Europe XLinux
I never played ladder and don't care about it at all. My hope is more people will stick to non-ladder once the first season is over.

OP
atari wrote: 1 year ago
I never played ladder and don't care about it at all. My hope is more people will stick to non-ladder once the first season is over.
Thanks, atari, as a non-ladder player, do you level on BNET solo?

Cheers.

atari 453

Europe XLinux
Rolfe_WJ_2 wrote: 1 year ago
Thanks, atari, as a non-ladder player, do you level on BNET solo?
To level up I join Baalruns. There's not always one running but most of the time you can join one. For the rest I play solo most of the time.

I'm playing ladder HC right now just to level up some chars while there are still people on HC ladder. Then in a couple of weeks when the ladder is reset those chars will transfer to non-ladder and I'll gear them.

I have a life. I'm not getting into a competition on who can play the most D2. For the long term, I'll have to consider the non-ladder characters my "real" characters.

Darbon 120

Paladin Europe PC
HC non ladder has very little public games going day by day in EU, talking hell difficulty ofc - currently only Aal makes
Baal
runs daily.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation