Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   1057 views

Description

The strategy that I (and probably most players) use is to invest the minimum amount of points into strength and dexterity such that your character has just enough to equip his/her gear. Everything else goes into vitality, and maybe some casters will also put points into energy. Shield users may put more into dexterity for block chance.

My question is about "hard" (base) vs "soft" points. Is it safe to use strength or dexterity bonuses on some pieces of gear to enable you to equip the other pieces? This would mean that your character has less base str/dex than what's required for some pieces, but he/she has enough soft points.

A good example of this is the big strength bonus you get from Enigma. You can make it into a very low strength non-elite base, and equip it before you equip anything else. It has a very large strength per level bonus that you can take advantage of to be able to equip other gear with higher strength requirements (like maybe
Steelrend
) without actually investing any more points into base strength.

The reason why I ask this is that there were issues in older patches where the game may not be able to figure out what order to re-equip your gear when you recovered your character's corpse. Anything that couldn't get re-equipped would go into your inventory, and anything that wouldn't fit would just get thrown on the Ground. If this happens in a public game, then you risk other people picking your valuable gear up before you can.

Did they fix this in D2R?
Description by Sean

Can be used to make Runewords:

Sean 32

Barbarian Americas PC
The strategy that I (and probably most players) use is to invest the minimum amount of points into strength and dexterity such that your character has just enough to equip his/her gear. Everything else goes into vitality, and maybe some casters will also put points into energy. Shield users may put more into dexterity for block chance.

My question is about "hard" (base) vs "soft" points. Is it safe to use strength or dexterity bonuses on some pieces of gear to enable you to equip the other pieces? This would mean that your character has less base str/dex than what's required for some pieces, but he/she has enough soft points.

A good example of this is the big strength bonus you get from Enigma. You can make it into a very low strength non-elite base, and equip it before you equip anything else. It has a very large strength per level bonus that you can take advantage of to be able to equip other gear with higher strength requirements (like maybe
Steelrend
) without actually investing any more points into base strength.

The reason why I ask this is that there were issues in older patches where the game may not be able to figure out what order to re-equip your gear when you recovered your character's corpse. Anything that couldn't get re-equipped would go into your inventory, and anything that wouldn't fit would just get thrown on the Ground. If this happens in a public game, then you risk other people picking your valuable gear up before you can.

Did they fix this in D2R?
Answeredby mockingbirdreal1 year agoGo to post
That was fixed.

Another example.
You accidentally wear a random helm while picking your body.
You will get all your gear except G-face.
Now it is not the G-face on the ground but your body.
Drop that random helm, you will be able to pick that body which is actually the G-face.

That was fixed.

Another example.
You accidentally wear a random
Helm
while picking your body.
You will get all your gear except G-face.
Now it is not the G-face on the Ground but your body.
Drop that random
Helm
, you will be able to pick that body which is actually the G-face.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Relax and have fun!
OP

Sean 32

Barbarian Americas PC
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
That was fixed.
praise

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation