Hello,

I am confused by the output damage of different weapons and how fana and
Concentration
aura works.

On first look I thought
Azurewrath
is better then a Grief-
Phase Blade
but when comparing them on the field, Grief is faster at killing despite showing less damage in the Character tab. Why is that?

Azurewrath
got superior initial damage ~110 physical and 250-500 magic and 250-500 cold.
My Grief got +360 damage and currently 170% dmg to demons.

Can someone explain to me how the fana aura is working? Is it only buffing physical damage?
Is the
Concentration
aura buffing the magic and cold damage of
Azurewrath
?
What does ignoring targets defense mean? Is it that you hit every strike?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello,

I am confused by the output damage of different weapons and how fana and
Concentration
aura works.

On first look I thought
Azurewrath
is better then a Grief-
Phase Blade
but when comparing them on the field, Grief is faster at killing despite showing less damage in the Character tab. Why is that?

Azurewrath
got superior initial damage ~110 physical and 250-500 magic and 250-500 cold.
My Grief got +360 damage and currently 170% dmg to demons.

Can someone explain to me how the fana aura is working? Is it only buffing physical damage?
Is the
Concentration
aura buffing the magic and cold damage of
Azurewrath
?
What does ignoring targets defense mean? Is it that you hit every strike?

Schnorki 3164Moderator

PC
In simplest, general terms:
Don't believe the LCS (lying character screen). Especially when dealing with Grief.

Expanding on that, enhanced damage like what you get from fana or conc enhances only physical damage of your attacks. As such, your Azure only receives a buff to the 115ish average physical dmg it does, not to the magic or cold damage.
Grief on the other hand has that buff applied to the full base weapon damage and the flat dmg it provides, resulting in significantly higher damage output overall.

The same holds true for the dmg to demons on Grief. That, too only works with physical dmg.

Naturally, it wouldn't be a blizzard game if there wasn't random illogical exceptions to all of that as well which is why
Concentration
also weirdly buffs your blessed hammers, despite them not being physical. But yeah, it doesn't buff other magic dmg.

Schnorki 3164Moderator

PC
And to your last question:
Ignore target defense means that the defense of your target is effectively 0. It does not mean you hit with every strike because your hit chance is determined via a formula comparing your attack rating and level against your targets defense and level (which then basically becomes lvl vs. lvl) and it is capped at 95% but it does typically result in hitting that 95
Cap
against everything you meet once you're higher level.

Mind you, "everything" is a bit misleading there because ITD only works on trash. It doesn't apply to bosses and the like.
OP
I understand. Thank you very much
Correct me if i am wrong but ignor target defese and minus defense doesnt work on act bosses and ubers? but does work on
Diablo Clone
?

Khegan 376

nihilninja wrote: 1 year ago
Correct me if i am wrong but ignor target defese and minus defense doesnt work on act bosses and ubers? but does work on
Diablo Clone
?
ITD doesn't work on bosses at all, and that includes the ubers and
Diablo Clone
. -% target defense applies to every enemy, but only at half effectiveness against bosses.

Edit: I should point out that not all effects described as having "-% defense" are treated the same. For example,
Conviction
's defense reduction is actually -% enhanced defense, although its tooltip doesn't reflect that.
Battle Cry
and
Cloak of Shadows
(CoS doesn't work on bosses) are similar. There are no penalties for these skills, and since almost all bosses lack enhanced defense, your hit chance will improve far more with these skills than with -% (base) defense on items.
Khegan wrote: 1 year ago
Diablo Clone
?
Diablo Clone
. -% target defense applies to every enemy, but only at half effectiveness against bosses.
there is a mechanic that doesnt work on ubers but does work on dclone and i cant remember what it is
Khegan wrote: 1 year ago
Diablo Clone
?
Diablo Clone
there is a mechanic that doesnt work on ubers but does work on dclone and i cant remember what it is
i believe it's prevent monster heal that you're thinking of.
prevent monster heal might be it

Schnorki 3164Moderator

PC
It is.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation