Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   2040 views

Description

So, uhm, i might be dumb, but i've never really seen this before (+e damage on a shield), maybe cause i've never played pal before so it's like class related thing.

What is it?

Can be used to make Runewords:

So, uhm, i might be dumb, but i've never really seen this before (+e damage on a shield), maybe cause i've never played pal before so it's like class related thing.

What is it?

louner 197

Europe PC
This is a
Smite
skill damage bonus. Only paladins can do damage with shield.

OP
louner wrote: 1 year ago
This is a
Smite
oh, thanks, i thought about that but wasn't sure

shame, would be nice if i could get some glitched item or smth :D

louner 197

Europe PC
n8mare wrote: 1 year ago
This is a
Smite
oh, thanks, i thought about that but wasn't sure

shame, would be nice if i could get some glitched item or smth :D
Some paladin shields are really valuable. Especially
Sacred Targe
(has best block chance) or
Vortex Shield
(has best defense), with 45 all res or with a lot of ED / attack rating (0 open sockets, 3 open sockets or 4 open sockets). Ethereal pala shields with those stats are also valuable, beause you can make Exile runeword in them . Rare paladin shield with 2 open sockets and enhanced damage + res + block chance is gg for some PvP builds.

Just for you to know, so you won't leave them on the Ground. :D

OP
roger that, thanks for the info!

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
This is a
Smite
That's not quite true actually.

The damage/ar modifier on base shields is exclusive to paladin shields. It is basically the offensive alternative to the resistance you can otherwise get on them.
However, the damage/ar isn't applied to the shield's damage, it is applied exactly the same way as any other off-weapon enhanced damage. So yes, it does increase
Smite
damage. But not because it increases the shield's damage but because it increases the overall ED on the pally. It will also increase
Zeal
damage for example or any other physical attack damage for the pally, not just
Smite

louner 197

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
This is a
Smite
That's not quite true actually.

The damage/ar modifier on base shields is exclusive to paladin shields. It is basically the offensive alternative to the resistance you can otherwise get on them.
However, the damage/ar isn't applied to the shield's damage, it is applied exactly the same way as any other off-weapon enhanced damage. So yes, it does increase
Smite
damage. But not because it increases the shield's damage but because it increases the overall ED on the pally. It will also increase
Zeal
damage for example or any other physical attack damage for the pally, not just
Smite
Thanks!

Sean 32

Barbarian Americas PC
Off-weapon ED stacks additively with the +% damage bonus from skills, so it can be proportionally significant for lower damage skills like
Zeal

If you get +96% damage from level 20
Zeal
, +240% damage from the
Sacrifice
synergy, +373% damage from level 20
Fanaticism
aura, and +114% damage from strength, then your overall off-weapon ED will be +823%. Equipping OP's shield will increase it to +862%, which is about a 4% increase in overall physical damage. That may not sound like much, but a well geared zealer can acquire off-weapon ED through multiple means like implicit mods on a pally shield, Fortitude armor, and ED jewels in non-weapon sockets.

If you're using level 20
Sacrifice
instead of
Zeal
for +465% damage and +400% damage from its synergies, the your overall off-weapon ED will now be +1352%. +39% enhanced damage on your shield would then only increase your overall physical damage by about 2.5%.

ShadowHeart 1740Moderator

Europe PC
This tells me the OP normally doesn't even look at Paladin Shields when they drop. The idea that he might have missed a BiS 40+ all res 3/4 socket shield somewhere makes me want to cry a little lol.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
This tells me the OP normally doesn't even look at Paladin Shields when they drop. The idea that he might have missed a BiS 40+ all res 3/4 socket shield somewhere makes me want to cry a little lol.
"So do all who live to see such dark times."
Movie Gandalf

I would also like to say that the same can be said about 99% of the players of the game. I didn't bother picking up blue or White items until I got heavily into researching valuable items in the game.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
davme_mcreg wrote: 1 year ago
Movie Gandalf

I would also like to say that the same can be said about 99% of the players of the game. I didn't bother picking up blue or White items until I got heavily into researching valuable items in the game.
If missing a measly base freaks you out, consider how many insane rares get lost because players like myself (for whom no rare would ever be BiS) don't even bother picking them up. Ever. :)
I have similar question about this one, if add 2 sockets from
Larzuk
can be used by some pvp people or i should just give it
Charsi
? :D

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
baxo686 wrote: 1 year ago
I have similar question about this one, if add 2 sockets from
Larzuk
can be used by some pvp people or i should just give it
Charsi
? :D
Even if he gives you 2, that's still only half the sockets you'd get with the right prefix on it.
So even if you do find someone with a pally spec odd enough to want a 4s magic shield (which I dare say is unlikely, considering how good pally shield options are), it'd still be a fraction of what they'd be after and would likely remain fairly worthless as a result.

That and deflecting isn't nearly as important for a pally because
Holy Shield
makes it easy enough to
Cap
block as is.

Then again, that's just my personal opinion.
Nearly everything has an interested buyer somewhere..for some reason.
@baxo686, you could always make a thread in the price check forum to see how much other people think it's worth. I agree I don't think it's worth much, but the 45 all res intruiges me. Also search the trade history for that title and see if something comes up.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
As for
Larzuk
, if I remember well you'll have 50% chance to get 1 os and same for 2 os.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

ShadowHeart 1740Moderator

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
davme_mcreg wrote: 1 year ago
Movie Gandalf

If missing a measly base freaks you out, consider how many insane rares get lost because players like myself (for whom no rare would ever be BiS) don't even bother picking them up. Ever. :)
Now.... I'm just going to go sit in a corner and cry. Thanks a lot!! xD

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation