Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   1414 views

Description

As a Diablo 2 player since D2 first came out in the early 2000's, I've never owned higher than a
Lo
or a piece of equipment that contains a rune higher than a
Lo
. Just recently I was in a 2P game helping someone when a
Ber
dropped in
Tal Rasha's Tomb
. They grabbed it first. I was so devastated because the mob that I killed dropped the
Ber
and I didn't notice until right before the other player grabbed it. And they were on the other side of the room when it dropped.

I then ran Trav 1000 times (kept a notebook log of all drops) to try to brute force a HR drop. I got an
Ohm
Ist
, and
Mal
out of those runs. I made a CTA, which was a first in my Diablo 2 life. I got very lucky: it rolled a 6/6/1. I didn't even know what I had until very recently.

I've really wanted an Enigma or an Infinity. I have enough
Vex
runes to buy a
Jah
right now. The questions are:

TLDR:

1. Do I sell this 6/6/1 CTA? It's GG and I may never have one like it again. Is Enigma or Infinity more of a game changer than this CTA?
2. If I do sell, what should I make? Enigma or Infinity?

I believe if I have an Infinity, I can start to farm HRs in Cows.

Description by mikestesting

Can be used to make Runewords:

As a Diablo 2 player since D2 first came out in the early 2000's, I've never owned higher than a
Lo
or a piece of equipment that contains a rune higher than a
Lo
. Just recently I was in a 2P game helping someone when a
Ber
dropped in
Tal Rasha's Tomb
. They grabbed it first. I was so devastated because the mob that I killed dropped the
Ber
and I didn't notice until right before the other player grabbed it. And they were on the other side of the room when it dropped.

I then ran Trav 1000 times (kept a notebook log of all drops) to try to brute force a HR drop. I got an
Ohm
Ist
, and
Mal
out of those runs. I made a CTA, which was a first in my Diablo 2 life. I got very lucky: it rolled a 6/6/1. I didn't even know what I had until very recently.

I've really wanted an Enigma or an Infinity. I have enough
Vex
runes to buy a
Jah
right now. The questions are:

TLDR:

1. Do I sell this 6/6/1 CTA? It's GG and I may never have one like it again. Is Enigma or Infinity more of a game changer than this CTA?
2. If I do sell, what should I make? Enigma or Infinity?

I believe if I have an Infinity, I can start to farm HRs in Cows.

yes Enigma is a game changer, much more than this cta, but i would keep it, you ll get anyhow to your Enigma

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
CTA is nice but not nearly as impactful as an engima.
Getting a CTA is a nice upgrade, getting a high rolled CTA is better than that but the difference is marginal. If you're looking to build up your gear it's probably better to sell this and get some other upgrades.
1/ Sell it. You need Enigma/Infinity than a perfect CTA
2/ Infinity if you play light sorc, Enigma if you play all class.

Relax and have fun!

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Depends entirely on what class(es) you play.

If you're sorc only, you don't need an Enigma.

If you don't play one of only a handful of builds built around it, you don't need an Infinity.

Pretty much every non-barb build uses/can benefit from a CTA but if you're still looking to gear up in general, I would sell a 6/6 and just roll a new one for yourself.
The difference between a couple levels of BO really isn't that massive or game changing.
(Unless of course it actually rolled fully perfect..then I'd keep it even while gearing but that's not the case here)
OP
I should have added this: I have a LVL 88 Javazon. For this build, Infinity or Enigma?

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
In my personal opinion:
If you plan on getting an Infinity for your java, get Enigma first.

The range on Infinity's
Conviction
isn't exactly massive. If you don't have an Enigma on her to reliably place your merc where he needs to be to actually apply the
Conviction
, Infinity becomes kind of pointless as you will typically outrun your merc and still kill everything before he ever catches up and before
Conviction
ever applies.
Same as Schnorki: Enigma.
Javazon is strong enough without Infinity.

Relax and have fun!

louner 197

Europe PC
Sell it, you can buy some decent CTA later (even 4-5 BO CTA is really good and costs a fraction of 6 BO). Enigma, Infinity etc are much better early on. Perfect CTA is like a cherry on top. :D

If you play Amazon I think Infinity, because she has terrible FCR frames and she won't be that much faster with Enigma (she will be faster than walking, but she is teleporting really slowly) and Infinity will open up most farming spots for you.

idk, you are a paladin. i would rather get shield
Charge
and just travel with it, as it is fast as fuck.
if you ever played path of Exile you know the feeling of shield charging around, its pretty satisfying.
there is always the option to sell it and get a lower bo cta and you will profit alot, but idk, feels great to have a great item, doesnt it?

-edit removed the weird flex
OP
Well I sold it for the equivalent of
Ber
+
Sur
+
Ohm
. Now time to make an Enigma.

Thanks everyone for your advice!

Advertisment

Hide ads