Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   1942 views

Description

Hi, demonslayers!

I'm one of those players who loves the aesthetics of class sets, and I like IK the most by far. I have always looked for an excuse to carry it, and I have always tried to farm it if only for collection.

Now my question: Using WW... Is IK better now that they have adjusted WW? Or worse? I don't know enough about the game and I don't control the numbers, and I'm sure someone here can tell.

Thanks in advance!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi, demonslayers!

I'm one of those players who loves the aesthetics of class sets, and I like IK the most by far. I have always looked for an excuse to carry it, and I have always tried to farm it if only for collection.

Now my question: Using WW... Is IK better now that they have adjusted WW? Or worse? I don't know enough about the game and I don't control the numbers, and I'm sure someone here can tell.

Thanks in advance!

⚔️ Mainly playing in Singleplayer.
⚙️ Modding with D2RMM.

...All the lonely people, where do they all come from?...
I made a barb to check this, lvl 85+torch+anni, put 2 ias jewels in the helmet and 1 in the armor 2
Shael
in the hammer, ive got like 165/170 IAS and im very dissapointed by it lol.

You can definitely play and finish hell with it, but i did not see any improvement honestly, each time i actually wanted to kill something quickly i ended using the 1 point in
Berserk
i had.
I think once the math of how the ias works for the set is know well, maybe it can be improved by say, putting something else in the hammer, i dont know an
Eth
or if you are super rich a couple of
Ber
to make it really good, as it is its i think it might be better as something else than a whirwind barb, im going to reset the chara and try other skills with the set, there must be something good.

I mean its so shiny lol.
I dont have ik set to evaluate the changes but my current ww barb with ebotd
Ghost Spear
seems to fair well on hell contents. Been doing all popular areas with him. Most monsters die in 1-2 ww, except for bosses.

Ww barb isnt the fastest melee range hell clearer, but he is fun to use. It also an excuse for me to use my ebotd gs thats all :)

Can trade on PC or SWITCH

ShadowHeart 1780Moderator

Europe PC
Warren's IAS calculator is now updated for 2.4.3, see this thread:
forums/2-4-3-updated-whirlwind-ias-calc ... 71418.html

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
so do we have a final verdict on it?
OP
Let's check this point:
Blizzard wrote:
Changed the logic for determining how often
Whirlwind
attacks occur.
Whirlwind
now incorporates Increased Attack Speed (IAS) from all equipment
. The frames between each
Whirlwind
attack are equal to the attack frame of a basic attack for that character (modified by increased attack speed). While dual wielding, the attack frame for each weapon will be averaged (rounding up). Overall,
Whirlwind
attacks should be at least as fast as they were before. Slower weapons will attack notably faster.
So... now we don't need to put 2 Shaels in
Immortal King's Stone Crusher
. We can have the 30% IAS from somewhere else (if we still need it, idk). This make it clearly BETTER. Do you agree?

EDIT: Wait! If we do 40% IAS weapon + 30% IAS runes we get a total 70% IAS WW pre 2.4.3. But using the Warren's IAS Calculator, now it says that we need 125% IAS (40% IAS weapon + 25% IAS
Immortal King's Forge
+ 60% IAS elsewhere) to get the FPA. Taking this as correct... maybe it's the same? We can improve damage in weapon socketing other things but we need more IAS than before so... I must be doing sth wrong.

EDIT 2: Reading different sources, seems that now
Decrepify
slows
Whirlwind
as it's the "equal to the attack frame of a basic attack". So... this plus the increased IAS req. makes IK WORSE than before?

⚔️ Mainly playing in Singleplayer.
⚙️ Modding with D2RMM.

...All the lonely people, where do they all come from?...

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...