Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   4241 views

Description

I started my first ever Holy Grail project on single player after I got bored with ladder less than 2 months in. It took me a little while to turtle speed run through the game and started farming
Mephisto
. And I posted this after finishing just a few runs. https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo_2_Resur ... ng_colors/

That got me thinking, “I wonder how long would it take for me to get a real
Shako
from Meph…” So I decided to stay here until
Mephisto
gives me a REAL
Shako
” Oh boy… bad bad decision!

After a few hundred runs in, I started to check drop rates from Silospen and Maxroll, and to my surprise they don’t agree to each other for most items, but 1 in XXX chances doesn’t look too bad. I have done thousand
Travincal
and thousand Chaos run project before, weren’t that bad.

However, this gets really bad… I had to really push myself several times just to continue this because the final number is: 1750. Yes, I finally got it after 1750 runs. I think I started from lvl 60 something maybe early 70, and now my poor sorc is lvl 88, and she died quite a lot because to speed up the runs I gave up all defense for more damage. My MF got from 100 something to nearly 400 on switch.

It’s not all bad though, I found
Metalgrid
, Highlords,
Arachnid Mesh
Eth
Andariel
Visage and a few other pretty rare but totally useless drops, I got more dracus, reaper’s tolls than I care to pick up. And god knows how many vipermagi I left on the Ground, and I have pretty much got all I need for building my Paladin and Amazon like HoZ Titan TGod
Gore Rider
2/20 gloves etc.. And my Grail progress is now at 74.31%! And I started from basically nothing. Another note, after all these runs, I still can NOT find an Oculus, I guess this is pretty bad RNG too.

And this babe really speed things up a lot, my average run time shrinks to sub 50 seconds if I don’t stop to pick an ID things. Well, bye bye 3 PTed
Crown
and Hello
Harlequin Crest

I’ll probably still gonna wonder similar questions but I’ll most likely not gonna try to find out this way again.
Description by Turbocharged-Z

Can be used to make Runewords:

I started my first ever Holy Grail project on single player after I got bored with ladder less than 2 months in. It took me a little while to turtle speed run through the game and started farming
Mephisto
. And I posted this after finishing just a few runs. https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo_2_Resur ... ng_colors/

That got me thinking, “I wonder how long would it take for me to get a real
Shako
from Meph…” So I decided to stay here until
Mephisto
gives me a REAL
Shako
” Oh boy… bad bad decision!

After a few hundred runs in, I started to check drop rates from Silospen and Maxroll, and to my surprise they don’t agree to each other for most items, but 1 in XXX chances doesn’t look too bad. I have done thousand
Travincal
and thousand Chaos run project before, weren’t that bad.

However, this gets really bad… I had to really push myself several times just to continue this because the final number is: 1750. Yes, I finally got it after 1750 runs. I think I started from lvl 60 something maybe early 70, and now my poor sorc is lvl 88, and she died quite a lot because to speed up the runs I gave up all defense for more damage. My MF got from 100 something to nearly 400 on switch.

It’s not all bad though, I found
Metalgrid
, Highlords,
Arachnid Mesh
Eth
Andariel
Visage and a few other pretty rare but totally useless drops, I got more dracus, reaper’s tolls than I care to pick up. And god knows how many vipermagi I left on the Ground, and I have pretty much got all I need for building my Paladin and Amazon like HoZ Titan TGod
Gore Rider
2/20 gloves etc.. And my Grail progress is now at 74.31%! And I started from basically nothing. Another note, after all these runs, I still can NOT find an Oculus, I guess this is pretty bad RNG too.

And this babe really speed things up a lot, my average run time shrinks to sub 50 seconds if I don’t stop to pick an ID things. Well, bye bye 3 PTed
Crown
and Hello
Harlequin Crest

I’ll probably still gonna wonder similar questions but I’ll most likely not gonna try to find out this way again.

Necrarch 1616Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Brutal, but efficient in the end. Congrats !

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Ooof, I'm glad you finally got it though!

I know the feeling in some respect. There's 2 items in this game that 'hate' me. (I know its just RNG, but let me pretend).
Shako
and Reapers. I can't ever find them. I've picked up
Ber
Vex
Lo
Cham
Zod
in multiples, found all sorts of cool stuff including a perfect
Windforce
off a trash
Megademon
, near perfect
Death's Web
, and so on.....

No reapers, 1
Shako
and it was Ethereal. They hate me. EDIT: And last week, I found a yellow
Thresher
with double durability while farming keys. Meaning, the game rolled to drop Reaper's, but the monster wasn't capable of dropping it.

Yet you report throwing away tons of them. Its really funny the way the distributions works out.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
I know that feeling.

Years ago, I did
Baal
runs to get the
Immortal King's Soul Cage
armor and it was like 1200 runs. Two months ago I was doing
Chaos Sanctuary
while I was completing Hell and it appeared in front of me...

Love it and hate it...

BTW: What is that program you use? Seems pretty handy

⚔️ Mainly playing in Singleplayer.
⚙️ Modding with D2RMM.

...All the lonely people, where do they all come from?...
OP
IntSomnium wrote: 1 year ago

It's called MF Run Counter, you can find it here. https://github.com/oskros/MF_run_counter

it does not fully support d2r, but manual registering items isn't too bad, you can always write a macro to have it sync with every new game easily. I use Ghub to do it since i got logitech hardwares.
OP
Winterkill wrote: 1 year ago
Ooof, I'm glad you finally got it though!

I know the feeling in some respect. There's 2 items in this game that 'hate' me. (I know its just RNG, but let me pretend).
Shako
and Reapers. I can't ever find them. I've picked up
Ber
Vex
Lo
Cham
Zod
in multiples, found all sorts of cool stuff including a perfect
Windforce
off a trash
Megademon
, near perfect
Death's Web
, and so on.....

No reapers, 1
Shako
and it was Ethereal. They hate me. EDIT: And last week, I found a yellow
Thresher
with double durability while farming keys. Meaning, the game rolled to drop Reaper's, but the monster wasn't capable of dropping it.

Yet you report throwing away tons of them. Its really funny the way the distributions works out.
yeah, I got maybe 7 or 8 of them, non
Eth
though.
Turbocharged-Z wrote: 1 year ago

It's called MF Run Counter, you can find it here. https://github.com/oskros/MF_run_counter

it does not fully support d2r, but manual registering items isn't too bad, you can always write a macro to have it sync with every new game easily. I use Ghub to do it since i got logitech hardwares.
Oh, quite sad :(.

If you are saving everything and you are strugling in mules, I highly recommend you GoMule. It's an external program where you can create an
Atma
stash (infinite) and save thing there. It only allows you to move and delete items and it's pretty intuitive. Plus, it has a ProjFlavie Report that does a summary with everything in your chars+stashs+atmas, listed and ordered (perfect to Holy Grail). Pretty cool but you need to close the game to use it and config the project correctly.

Another thing I like to do it's create a char called "Perfect", rush it to Act V, do the Nilh quest and put his file in "Read only". Every time I loot a perfect roll item, I personalize it to be "Perfect's X" so I know it later. Easier to check.

⚔️ Mainly playing in Singleplayer.
⚙️ Modding with D2RMM.

...All the lonely people, where do they all come from?...
OP
If you are saving everything and you are strugling in mules, I highly recommend you GoMule. It's an external program where you can create an
Atma
stash (infinite) and save thing there. It only allows you to move and delete items and it's pretty intuitive. Plus, it has a ProjFlavie Report that does a summary with everything in your chars+stashs+atmas, listed and ordered (perfect to Holy Grail). Pretty cool but you need to close the game to use it and config the project correctly.
Maybe I'll check it out later. I have one char for each Complete set. and just put same category items into 1-3 mules. it's already way better that the 20 char limit on b.net. I just hope they allow sorting chars by name, so it would be much easier to locate the mule.

Bisu 370

PC
I had similar luck with
Harlequin Crest
, lol.

I must have seen over 50 magic or rare
Shako
drops, but it wasn't until last week during the +50 mf buff period I finally found one. And it wasn't even from a kill, but was on the armor rack in Durance level 3 instead.
I have that with War Travs. I can't even guess how many
Battle Boots
I've seen. My only pair of travs was off a gamble, after something like 80 million gold.

Way to stick with it.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
OP
cristobal03 wrote: 1 year ago
I have that with War Travs. I can't even guess how many
Battle Boots
I've seen. My only pair of travs was off a gamble, after something like 80 million gold.

Way to stick with it.
I have similar luck with war Trav too. The 3 wartrav I got on ladder, 2 of them are from trading. It’s one of those uniques that hold value well. It must be rare for most people.
OP
Bisu wrote: 1 year ago
I had similar luck with
Harlequin Crest
, lol.

I must have seen over 50 magic or rare
Shako
drops, but it wasn't until last week during the +50 mf buff period I finally found one. And it wasn't even from a kill, but was on the armor rack in Durance level 3 instead.
I never really had problem finding
Shako
before. I equipped all active chars with it and sold a few before ladder. And I got a good kick start on ladder because I found 3 of them very early ladder and sold for
Vex
+ each. That’s why I was so confident to stick with Meph this time… well 1750 runs tells me RNG is RNG after all.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...