Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   549 views

Description

So I have a game open on the Switch platform called BTRCH4MYRUNEPLS. I was looking for a cheap Barb Torch. A sorc came into the game and offered a torch. I offered 2 Ali baba, a
Pul
, a
Lem
, and other items. They declined. So I added 3 token of absolutions. Then not knowing I pressed the accept button and they just took the items and ran. Is there anything I can do?

Can be used to make Runewords:

So I have a game open on the Switch platform called BTRCH4MYRUNEPLS. I was looking for a cheap Barb Torch. A sorc came into the game and offered a torch. I offered 2 Ali baba, a
Pul
, a
Lem
, and other items. They declined. So I added 3 token of absolutions. Then not knowing I pressed the accept button and they just took the items and ran. Is there anything I can do?
Did you at least get the B torch or you gave away all those items for nothing? Nothing much you can do there...

My time zone is UTC -8 (PST)
OP
I did not. I pressed the accept button first before they put anything on their side. :(

louner 197

Europe PC
You were scammed, there is nothing to be done. Sorry if that sounds rough, but it's just what it is.

You can try contacting that player via whispers in case it an odd chance that it was some kind of a mistake, but most probably it wasn't.

OP
Sounds rough? I mean I went through it. So it cost me time and effort not just sound. Thought there would be more checks and balances. Now I just don't really want to play/trade in an environment were things can be taken so easily with no recourse. Like aren't we all trying to have a good time and enjoy the game? Also I thought I was making a good offer so players would want to keep me in the game. Not just take advantage wherever possible.

Bisu 369

PC
You can probably find that player's battle.net tag from the "recently played with" list, then at least you won't be scammed by the same person again in the future.

louner 197

Europe PC
Most players are trustworthy, but public games are just the worst place to make trades.

Making a trade on a site like d2io is much safer, because most people try to maintain a reputation and won't even attempt to scam you. In public games people have zero incentive to be trustworthy because once you lose an item there is nothing you can do.

In general I avoid public games unless I am ok with someone stealing my loot, griefing me etc and I just want more XP bonus from more players. :P I recommend the same attitude. It's actually a good thing it was just a
Pul
and a few tokens to learn that; my friend lost 4
Ber
in a trade recently because someone swapped good Griffons with a bad one and he didn't notice.

dbunk wrote: 1 year ago
Sounds rough? I mean I went through it. So it cost me time and effort not just sound. Thought there would be more checks and balances. Now I just don't really want to play/trade in an environment were things can be taken so easily with no recourse. Like aren't we all trying to have a good time and enjoy the game? Also I thought I was making a good offer so players would want to keep me in the game. Not just take advantage wherever possible.
it's very sad that this happened to you, that guy is an a-hole, he didn't even get that much from this. i would buy a low barb torch for you but i play on pc only non ladder :(
OP
To louner and R3venant, thank you for your advise and condolences. Truly I appreciate it. I will be more careful in the future and hope to bring more people to a game I truly enjoy. Happy Hunting.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Always very frustrating when this happens. Read the "tips not to get scammed" topic, it's a good one.

Take care, wish you luck to get back what you lost :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...