Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
23 replies   6058 views

Description

Do you just reroll a charm once? I.E. if you have a lvl 55 charm thats not really useful and you reroll it and it ends up as a lvl 17 POS do you just give up and vendor it at that point? Don't want to use up Pgems if there is no point after the first reroll. Thanks.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Do you just reroll a charm once? I.E. if you have a lvl 55 charm thats not really useful and you reroll it and it ends up as a lvl 17 POS do you just give up and vendor it at that point? Don't want to use up Pgems if there is no point after the first reroll. Thanks.

ShadowHeart 1743Moderator

Europe PC
If I don't have any more PGems (that I want to '
Sacrifice
' to re-rolling), then I'll usually vendor it. I pick up every single flawless expressly for the purpose of upping them to perfect and using those perfects for re-rolling, and I tend to find a new GC by the time I have enough PGems for re-rolling ;)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Khegan 376

iLvl remains the same when rerolling with the Pgem recipe. A GC from Act 3 NM onwards (except those dropped by regular mobs in
Spider Forest
) is always good for something.

Europe PC
Yes, that's definitely true. I've sometimes kept the same GC around for re-rolling several times over a long period of time, but I'll usually vendor them after a re-roll or two, you find new ones often enough...

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
Rerolling charms doesn't affect item level, you can reroll as often as you want (item level =/= required level).

Now, what people do reroll are the Grand Charms drop by Diablo,
Nihlathak
and
Baal
in Hell.
They can roll the highest tier of life because of their ilvl: up to 45 life, add a +1 to skill and the charm will be worth a lot most of the time.

TL;DR: no I dont, and you souldn't.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Tetra wrote: 1 year ago
Rerolling charms doesn't affect item level, you can reroll as often as you want (item level =/= required level).

Now, what people do reroll are the Grand Charms drop by Diablo,
Nihlathak
and
Baal
in Hell.
They can roll the highest tier of life because of their ilvl: up to 45 life, add a +1 to skill and the charm will be worth a lot most of the time.

TL;DR: no I dont, and you souldn't.
This.

Don't waste your gems rerolling lower charms, stack them up until you get a new Dia/Nihl/
Baal
charm and go to town. And yeah, you can reroll those as often as you like without dropping the ilvl. That's the beauty of the 3-p.gem recipe (for any item you reroll with that, not just charms).
Or you can buy one with 40+ life.
BTW I am selling one in non-ladder (◉ω◉)

Relax and have fun!
OP
Well I just rerolled a lvl 53 GC and it went to a lvl 42. Rerolled it again and it came back to a lvl 53 somewhat useful one.

Europe PC
stitch wrote: 1 year ago
Well I just rerolled a lvl 53 GC and it went to a lvl 42. Rerolled it again and it came back to a lvl 53 somewhat useful one.
That's the required level, not iLvl, as the others have explained.

@mockingbirdreal @Schnorki
I don't know about the OP, but I've always known that technically, you should be re-rolling the highest possible iLvl charms. It makes sense. I've just never.... cared enough about that, I guess. I've mostly just been interested in getting skillers, and not really bothered too much about everything else (when it comes to GCs anyway). But you know, maybe I'll start doing this in a better way, and stop wasting Pgems ;)

Diablo,
Baal
, Nilh for Skiller+MaxLife or NM Flayer for just Skiller. NM Flayer is the lowest possible ilvl to get skillers. The higher ilvl the more stuff it can roll into, thus lowering your chance for a skiller only charm. Almost all of my skiller only charms are from rerolling NM Flayer GC's.

Houston, TX Central Time. join D2R Dclone Hunters Discord https://discord.com/invite/5DgUvcAYbR
to echo most of the sentiment. I only roll diablo/
Baal
/nith charms, and dont bother rolling anything else. You can buy them on traderie or this site as well for about an
Ist
rune. Dont take a sellers word for it though, make sure it has 41 or more life.

as long as a GC has 41 life its guaranteed to come from the bosses.

NON LADDER THIS IS NON LADDER NON NON LADDER ALL TRADES ARE NON LADDER
Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but does this mean *any other* grand charm (aside from those "big 3" bosses), can possibly roll +Skiller & up to 39 Life? Or will the iLvl of the GC also bring down the maximum of Life roll capability?

Personally, getting a GC from the 3 bosses takes me longer than actually rolling a keep-able skiller I spent my saved pgems on, and so, I'd like to know if I could be content with rolling any other GC's, if they'll have the same % chance of rolling +Skill with Life (just 39 Life or less).

The extra (up to) +6 to Life doesn't seem favorable to me if I'm just going to end up using the GC, but yes of course I'd understand it to being a much greater investment for pgems being spent on a higher iLvl GC "in case" I get lucky enough to land 41 or higher to Life.

If we have a trade, just add me to bnet rather than waiting for a delayed forum response please, thank you!
my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong)

but if you have a GC ilvl of 77 you have the same chance of rolling a +1/vita charm than one from
Baal
/ Diablo /
Nihlathak
(ilvl 99) !?
YET if you have an ilvl 99 and accidentaly roll a +1/vita
you have 50% chance of rolling a +41-45 life (and 50% of rolling a +36-40)

and thus better reroll one from the boss if you have one

EU, CET/DST, playing early morning and evening
Grand Charms
iLvl [Life]
1 [5-10]
9 [11-15]
19 [16-20]
31 [21-25]
45 [26-30] - Skillers start at iLvl 50
61 [31-35]
77 [36-40]
91 [41-45]

NM
Flayer Jungle
is area lvl 50, which means items dropped are iLvl 50.
+1 skill and 5 up to 30 life possible on these Grand Charms

Mboc 13

Druid Europe PC
NightsAnonymous wrote: 1 year ago
Diablo,
Baal
, Nilh for Skiller+MaxLife or NM Flayer for just Skiller. NM Flayer is the lowest possible ilvl to get skillers. The higher ilvl the more stuff it can roll into, thus lowering your chance for a skiller only charm. Almost all of my skiller only charms are from rerolling NM Flayer GC's.
Is it possible to get one with eg +40 life from nm flayer ?
Since we are on the topic of this - what is the rough chance that this reroll will result in a +1 skill +41+life?
That is, how many PGems on average would it take?

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
Mboc wrote: 1 year ago
NightsAnonymous wrote: 1 year ago
Diablo,
Baal
Is it possible to get one with eg +40 life from nm flayer ?
No.
jxdcz wrote: 1 year ago
Since we are on the topic of this - what is the rough chance that this reroll will result in a +1 skill +41+life?
That is, how many PGems on average would it take?
I've been rolling Baal charms since last October and have never gotten a 41+ vita skiller. Granted, I don't do that exclusively--like spend an entire 8-hour session gem-farming in order to roll. Whenever I get a stash tab full of pgems, I roll them all at once (33 rolls per full tab). That probably happens once every 10-14 days of play.

I can confidently say I have burned hundreds of pgems without ever getting a 41+ vita skiller. I don't keep the charm drops anymore; I have about 10 stashed for rerolls, and that's about 9 too many.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
I've rerolled Diablo-Charms since LOD Release and I've got my first 41+ life skiller this ladder season with pala combat skills even. So it is super rare which explains the price.
Problem is you usually won't stop on normal skiller when rerolling diablo-gc because their value as a reroll-base is higher than the outcome.

Live Trades usually possible between 5:00 pm and 12:00 am ( my Timezone is UTC +2 / CEST +0 )

Ladder SC only on PC
Quick question. Is there a way to prove that one exact charm dropped from
Baal
, so it would be possible to sell it?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...