diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   917 views

Description

Hey all,

Been driving me crazy. I socketed a
Death's Fathom
and a
Nightwing's Veil
ages ago... but I don't recall what facets I put in them.

Is there a way to tell short of removing the socket to see the base?

How do we know somebody isn't trying to scam selling lets say a
Griffon's Eye
saying its like a 18/14 with a 4/4 facet, when in reality it's a 17/13 with a 5/5 facet?

I feel like back in original D2 there was a third party app that separated the values, but no clue here.

Thanks for your time!
Description by Mnemonic

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey all,

Been driving me crazy. I socketed a
Death's Fathom
and a
Nightwing's Veil
ages ago... but I don't recall what facets I put in them.

Is there a way to tell short of removing the socket to see the base?

How do we know somebody isn't trying to scam selling lets say a
Griffon's Eye
saying its like a 18/14 with a 4/4 facet, when in reality it's a 17/13 with a 5/5 facet?

I feel like back in original D2 there was a third party app that separated the values, but no clue here.

Thanks for your time!
Lmao, that’s actually very useful when trading. I got scammed some weeks ago, by a fellow user on this platform, when I traded several high runes for a facet’ed Griffons. Oh well, hopefully there’s a way of knowing the info you looking for. It could save some peoples runes.
Don't think there's a way (not online, anyway)... If I was to trade an expensive item, I'd probably just ask them to unsocket the facet; If it's a 4-4 facet as they claim, it's near worthless anyway, so it shouldn't be a big deal. If they get all pissy about it, I think you can safely just leave; Says all there is to say.
Mmmm, I remember there was something back in the day that was showing the gems / runes in a socketed item, but can't recall if it was part of a later revision of the maphack or MedianXL :D
OP
Thanks for all your replies, yea I don't recall what program I used back in the OG days.. but I never used maphacks or cheating software for fear of being banned... Can't find anything in google searches for current solutions, so I will just go with what Mishabg said and only trade for empty or 5/5 faceted pieces. Just wish I could find out if I did +5 or +4 in my Cold sorc gear D: Don't want to waste facets to find out in a trade. Griff is a different Beast.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...