Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   19100 views

Description

I've seen a few people having issues with these & wanted to shed some light for new & old players alike who are struggling with the new chat system.

There are quite a few useful chat commands in D2R that are not explained at all. Some things may have changed from the old chat system, some just don't work the way they did before, & some commands no longer seem to exist at all. For starters though...

If you type " / " in chat a list of possible commands will pop up. From there if you select or type a command & then add a space, a secondary list may appear with subcommands. So for example, if I want to leave a channel, I would type "/channel leave [Channel Name]" Keeping in mind the channel name is case-sensitive. Note: Currently joining a new game seems to rejoin default channels like Trade. Hopefully this will be fixed at some point...

There are some functions of the commands that aren't made obvious, like being able to create your own channels with the join command. To do this you would type "/channel join [Channel Name]" where the channel name is a channel that doesn't exist yet. Anyone should be able to join your channel by typing the same command used to create it. Allowing you to make private channels for your friends.

There is a shorthand for commands that usually works if you use a command a lot & would rather not have to type the whole thing out every time. Just type the first letter of the command & subcommand. So shorthand for leaving the Trade channel would be "/c l Trade"

You can also add colors to your chat messages by adding a prefix to them. The prefix is "ÿc#" where ÿ can be typed by holding Alt & typing 0255(may require numpad?) before releasing. The # is a number corresponding to what color you want the text to be & there is no space needed after the prefix. Here is a list of possible colors:

ÿc0 = White
ÿc1 = Red
ÿc2 = Green
ÿc3 = Blue/Violet
ÿc4 = Gold
ÿc5 = Gray
ÿc6 = Black
ÿc7 = Tan(slightly lighter than gold)
ÿc8 = Orange
ÿc9 = Yellow(Like a Rare item)
ÿc- = Bold White(Not Working in D2R)

RIP Colors 6/6/2022

Missing/Broken commands:
-The "/whisper" & "/message" commands no longer seem to work for anyone not on your friends list.
-The "/friends message" subcommand no longer seems to exist.
-The "/users" command no longer seems to exist.
-The "/stats" command no longer seems to exist.
-The "/home" command no longer seems to exist.
-The "/emote" command no longer seems to exist.

There are a lot of commands & subcommands so I haven't tested them all, but let me know if you find something that isn't working & I'll add it here. Some commands are changed but still function the same, like "/squelch" is now just "/ignore" instead.
Description by EnragedN3wb

Can be used to make Runewords:

EnragedN3wb 189Moderator

PC
I've seen a few people having issues with these & wanted to shed some light for new & old players alike who are struggling with the new chat system.

There are quite a few useful chat commands in D2R that are not explained at all. Some things may have changed from the old chat system, some just don't work the way they did before, & some commands no longer seem to exist at all. For starters though...

If you type " / " in chat a list of possible commands will pop up. From there if you select or type a command & then add a space, a secondary list may appear with subcommands. So for example, if I want to leave a channel, I would type "/channel leave [Channel Name]" Keeping in mind the channel name is case-sensitive. Note: Currently joining a new game seems to rejoin default channels like Trade. Hopefully this will be fixed at some point...

There are some functions of the commands that aren't made obvious, like being able to create your own channels with the join command. To do this you would type "/channel join [Channel Name]" where the channel name is a channel that doesn't exist yet. Anyone should be able to join your channel by typing the same command used to create it. Allowing you to make private channels for your friends.

There is a shorthand for commands that usually works if you use a command a lot & would rather not have to type the whole thing out every time. Just type the first letter of the command & subcommand. So shorthand for leaving the Trade channel would be "/c l Trade"

You can also add colors to your chat messages by adding a prefix to them. The prefix is "ÿc#" where ÿ can be typed by holding Alt & typing 0255(may require numpad?) before releasing. The # is a number corresponding to what color you want the text to be & there is no space needed after the prefix. Here is a list of possible colors:

ÿc0 = White
ÿc1 = Red
ÿc2 = Green
ÿc3 = Blue/Violet
ÿc4 = Gold
ÿc5 = Gray
ÿc6 = Black
ÿc7 = Tan(slightly lighter than gold)
ÿc8 = Orange
ÿc9 = Yellow(Like a Rare item)
ÿc- = Bold White(Not Working in D2R)

RIP Colors 6/6/2022

Missing/Broken commands:
-The "/whisper" & "/message" commands no longer seem to work for anyone not on your friends list.
-The "/friends message" subcommand no longer seems to exist.
-The "/users" command no longer seems to exist.
-The "/stats" command no longer seems to exist.
-The "/home" command no longer seems to exist.
-The "/emote" command no longer seems to exist.

There are a lot of commands & subcommands so I haven't tested them all, but let me know if you find something that isn't working & I'll add it here. Some commands are changed but still function the same, like "/squelch" is now just "/ignore" instead.
Color Chat and names has been officially patched as of 6/6/22
OP

EnragedN3wb 189Moderator

PC
Thanks for the heads up.

I'll never understand why blizzard thinks it's a good idea to remove long existing features... This was completely harmless.
How can i post Items in Chat? I have seen this a few times now and have absoloutly no clue how to do this.

Take this potion of LUCK

You play in a different language and want to trade an item with the name "Brennender Riesenzauber der Verstümmelung"?
Use the Baaltor tool to translate it into "Burning Grand Charm of Maiming"
ToX-I-qUc wrote: 1 year ago
How can i post Items in Chat? I have seen this a few times now and have absoloutly no clue how to do this.
open chat, keep shift pressed and click on the item. it will appear in chat and is clickable for others.

add colors is still available by linking items and press backspace at the left of the linked itemname

(backspace here)[linked item name in chat](press left←←←)

upd. BUT message should be in the "[***]" lol
analtonight wrote: 1 year ago
add colors is still available by linking items and press backspace at the left of the linked itemname

(backspace here)[linked item name in chat](press left←←←)

upd. BUT message should be in the "[***]" lol
Yea ur right I just tried it but I deleted the item name but keept the [ ] then just filled in my msg. I used chances and my msg came out gold
Command /nopickup is not listed in my menu but it still works.
it prevents you from accidentally picking up items from the Ground. to pick them up you have to highlight them and then click on them.

pretty useful for barbs with find items in
Travincal
or pvp.

Take this potion of LUCK

You play in a different language and want to trade an item with the name "Brennender Riesenzauber der Verstümmelung"?
You used to be able to have floating chat text ingame on top of your char's head.

Doesn't work anymore.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
Skaijuice wrote: 1 year ago
You used to be able to have floating chat text ingame on top of your char's head.

Doesn't work anymore.
It sucks that they removed that. It could be used in such an entertaining way today with modern screen recording capabilities and the creative minds of players now aided by nearly two decades of meme culture. We could have created entire webcomics out of screenshots, clarified communication when the chat window bugs out and doesn't show character names, do quick player polls, communicate only to players on the same screen as you...

...or we could just draw ASCII dicks pointing at each other in town while waiting for a TP.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
Snakecharmed wrote: 1 year ago

...or we could just draw ASCII dicks pointing at each other in town while waiting for a TP.
!8===>
!<====8

loved that! :D :D *giggelyLikeBeing14again*

Take this potion of LUCK

LOL.

the dick emotes were classic.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...