Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   2747 views

Description

Grief is a source of "Ignore Target's Defense" and I wonder, if Charms/Jewels or any other Equipment with a Bonus to Attack Rating will have an (significant) impact, when using a Weapon with Grief.

I found on

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Ignores_ ... 7s_Defense an explanation for ITD, that confuses me:

When attacking an enemy with a weapon, that dont serve "Ignore Target's Defense", the Chance to hit is calculated with this formula:

100 * AttackRating / (AttackRating + EnemyDefenseRating) * 2 * AttackerLevel / (AttackerLevel + EnemyLevel)

If using a weapon (or two like a
Frenzy
-Barb with 2x Grief) with ITD, the calculation of Chance to hit gets much less complicated:

200 * AttackerLevel / (AttackerLevel + EnemyLevel)

The main difference is, that in the 2nd formula no AttackRating is used to calculate the Chance to hit (with exeptions for Player Characters, Mercenaries, Elites and Act Bosses, for whom ITD not working (Source: https://d2.maxroll.gg/resources/attack- ... ore-target))

So, will my (and any) Double-Griefed Barb or other char get any benefit from charms, jewels or other items, that add an amount of AR (i. e. +10 AR) or give a percentage bonus to the AR? In PVM and against all Non-Elites and Non-Act Bosses?

As I understand this calculation right, it will not.

But I'm not sure, maybe the information is outdated and a new formula has took place? I mean, this could and should be investigated and tested before, cause it has an massive impact for gearing and statting.

Hoping for some smart and reliable answers to clearify this.
Description by Seltsem

Can be used to make Runewords:

Grief is a source of "Ignore Target's Defense" and I wonder, if Charms/Jewels or any other Equipment with a Bonus to Attack Rating will have an (significant) impact, when using a Weapon with Grief.

I found on

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Ignores_ ... 7s_Defense an explanation for ITD, that confuses me:

When attacking an enemy with a weapon, that dont serve "Ignore Target's Defense", the Chance to hit is calculated with this formula:

100 * AttackRating / (AttackRating + EnemyDefenseRating) * 2 * AttackerLevel / (AttackerLevel + EnemyLevel)

If using a weapon (or two like a
Frenzy
-Barb with 2x Grief) with ITD, the calculation of Chance to hit gets much less complicated:

200 * AttackerLevel / (AttackerLevel + EnemyLevel)

The main difference is, that in the 2nd formula no AttackRating is used to calculate the Chance to hit (with exeptions for Player Characters, Mercenaries, Elites and Act Bosses, for whom ITD not working (Source: https://d2.maxroll.gg/resources/attack- ... ore-target))

So, will my (and any) Double-Griefed Barb or other char get any benefit from charms, jewels or other items, that add an amount of AR (i. e. +10 AR) or give a percentage bonus to the AR? In PVM and against all Non-Elites and Non-Act Bosses?

As I understand this calculation right, it will not.

But I'm not sure, maybe the information is outdated and a new formula has took place? I mean, this could and should be investigated and tested before, cause it has an massive impact for gearing and statting.

Hoping for some smart and reliable answers to clearify this.

Stood Awhile and listend.

PSN: Seltsem
PSN: Wiesenliese
PC: Inkunzi#2318

Only trading items for items - no RMT, no FG.

To trade on PlayStation, it is not necessary to first send and confirm a friend request

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
It will. But also, it won't.

Generally speaking, your chance to hit is determined by a comparison of your AR and your level vs. your target's defense and level.

Ignore target defense effectively removes both, your AR and your target's defense from that comparison and your hit chance is based solely on a comparison of your levels. As a result, any further AR you get will make no difference whatsoever.

However, ITD does not work when attacking other players and their mercenaries or on champions, uniques, super uniques or bosses. So really, it only helps you against random trash mobs. When you're fighting say
Baal
or Ubers, ITD does absolutely nothing and you still need AR to pump your hit chance.

Additionally, ITD only works on attacks with that weapon so if you are say a
Frenzy
barb with Grief but your 2nd weapon doesn't have ITD, you still need AR for your second weapon to hit, even on trash mobs.

Because of that (mainly the plethora of targets it just doesn't work on which includes all of the important ones), ITD imo is frankly entirely overrated and will never replace actual AR.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
It will. But also, it won't.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and helping me to understand this - for me and my barb highly relevant - mechanics.

I think, I have to respec again, to move Statpoints from Dex to Strength for more physically damage and less AR, as AR insn't that important as it would be in a build without ITD.

Stood Awhile and listend.

PSN: Seltsem
PSN: Wiesenliese
PC: Inkunzi#2318

Only trading items for items - no RMT, no FG.

To trade on PlayStation, it is not necessary to first send and confirm a friend request

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...