diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   3908 views

Description

I made a
Travincal
farming
Frenzy
barb. I am using dual Oath, which has "Prevent Monster Heal", but from what I see the council members health jumps up from time to time nonetheless.

I thought "Prevent Monster Heal" would prevent that. Does it work in some different way that I expected from the property name? :)

Can be used to make Runewords:

louner 197

Europe PC
I made a
Travincal
farming
Frenzy
barb. I am using dual Oath, which has "Prevent Monster Heal", but from what I see the council members health jumps up from time to time nonetheless.

I thought "Prevent Monster Heal" would prevent that. Does it work in some different way that I expected from the property name? :)

The Prevent Monster Heal stops a monster from life regeneration.
Council Member
cast healing spell that PMH doesn't have any effect.
You should a source of Open Wounds

Relax and have fun!
OP

louner 197

Europe PC
Thank you for the answer! I'll actually try making Malice in the offhand and see how it goes.

Pretty sure the surrounding monsters can also heal Council Members (see screenshot). I clear them first before engaging, if they spawned close by. Seems to prevent most, if not all the healing.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
@zero187 is on point

Bisu 369

PC
Yeah, the mob healing is one good reason to avoid spawning DC in
Travincal
if possible. This of course doesn't apply to anyone that actually wants a slightly more challenging DC fight.
OP

louner 197

Europe PC
Thanks for the answers. I started clearing up Hierophants if they are on the way and it's much better.

I tried out Malice just to see if open wounds stops the healing. I think it helps with the healing, but I was better off with double Oath in the end (because of damage and ias). I could be using Duress +
Gore Rider
, but I did stick to
Skullder's Ire
and
Gore Rider
, because I want some MF and the clear speed is still ok.

I think I won't figure out much special until I get Grief or something. :D Now I think that just a pure damage is the answer, so I'll put more points into
Berserk
and start using
Berserk
more

Also BTW. I found out a budget gear combination for Act 2 merc to survive this (that amount to 90 all res and gives some ll): Obedience +
Guardian Angel
+
Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
(he can do some damage also thanks to Obedience and crushing blow)

I think the often used is
The Reaper's Toll
+
Guardian Angel
+
Kira's Guardian
, so maybe that would be another option. :D

Thanks!

Bisu wrote: 1 year ago
Travincal
if possible. This of course doesn't apply to anyone that actually wants a slightly more challenging DC fight.
ive only spawned him in trav... whats the best spot? ive always won but im curios.
OP

louner 197

Europe PC
basshead88 wrote: 1 year ago
Travincal
ive only spawned him in trav... whats the best spot? ive always won but im curios.
Eldritch on
Frigid Highlands
is really safe and close to wp. You can also try getting a portal in
Arcane Sanctuary
back to the Palace Cellar, there is often a unique monster in that room, but it would a really confined space

Necrarch 1607Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Eldritch as well.
And if you're not in a5 yet,
Rakanishu
in Stone Field works fine too - localisation is eased by the
Tristram
stones.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
louner wrote: 1 year ago
Travincal
Eldritch on
Frigid Highlands
is really safe and close to wp. You can also try getting a portal in
Arcane Sanctuary
back to the Palace Cellar, there is often a unique monster in that room, but it would a really confined space
I usually
Bash
eldritch and wait at the tp.
when dclone is there he stands in schenk's place. the mobs around there are the usual skeletons, the spikey boys or the
Dac Farren
lookin' asses.

just FYI for anyone who relys on attack rating to kill... DO NOT spawn dclone in A5, stick to A1 or A2... Go check your attack rating % in A5 compared to A1 ;)

Schnorki 3185Moderator

PC
Scrodo wrote: 1 year ago
just FYI for anyone who relys on attack rating to kill... DO NOT spawn dclone in A5, stick to A1 or A2... Go check your attack rating % in A5 compared to A1 ;)
Your attack rating doesn't change. That number is determined by your gear, stats and skills.

What does change is your chance to hit but that is not determined by which act you are in (at least not directly) but by which mob you are fighting. It is a result of your level and your AR vs. your target's level and their defense (along with other factors like buffs/debuffs affecting hit chance).

Since A1 mobs tend to be lower lvl than A5 (excluding Pits and the like of course), you tend to see a higher observed hit chance when fighting A1 mobs. DClone however has the same level and same defense, regardless of where you spawn him so it really doesn't matter for him at all. Just spawn him wherever is most convenient for you to fight him with your build (time to get to, type of adds around, ...).
Yea i moreso was referring to mobs you would have to clear, I didn't think that your chance to hit dclone would vary... but wouldn't surprise me tbh

Schnorki 3185Moderator

PC
Yea i moreso was referring to mobs you would have to clear, I didn't think that your chance to hit dclone would vary... but wouldn't surprise me tbh
It won't. Dclone is dclone. But yeah, the mob clearing is a fair point. Though some places in A1 are a lot more annoying for most builds than just going to Eldritch.
You don't put much Faith in the developers of the game, do you :D
I have spawned my 2 DCs in the
Cathedral
(in place of
Bone Ash
). This is an enclosed area, so the Clone won't wander somewhither, pulling additional mobs. Also it's close to the WP and you can retreat to the rooms on both sides of the
Cathedral
if needed.
OP

louner 197

Europe PC
Damn, finally :D

GG

Gratz! Also try
Eth
Bonehew
with
Amn
runes w/
Guardian Angel
and
Kira's Guardian
thats my fav merc setup for trav. Cheap, has cannot be frozen, and no cold dmg for horking :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation