Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
36 replies   13613 views

Description

Hey guys,

Just wondering what kind of budget builds you've killed dclone with this ladder so far, and how long/hard/easy it was.

Obviously the smiter is probably the best budget build for killing him/ubers, but besides that, curious to see what everyone's killed him with and maybe an estimate of the time it took. Most classes can take him out with ease with good gear so I'm specifically wondering about early ladder budget builds. (maybe a couple ists or less worth of gear)

For me, I killed him the first few times on a VERY budget level 78 blizz sorc with only 24 to blizzard (from dual spirits) and -15 fire resistance and probably similar light rez. It definitely wasn't easy and took like 7-12ish minutes even once I got it all figured out, so wouldn't recommend if you want a quicker and easy kill unless you have better gear/higher dmg. I then made a budget smiter and the kill times dropped to like a minute or so probably, and a lot less margin for error.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey guys,

Just wondering what kind of budget builds you've killed dclone with this ladder so far, and how long/hard/easy it was.

Obviously the smiter is probably the best budget build for killing him/ubers, but besides that, curious to see what everyone's killed him with and maybe an estimate of the time it took. Most classes can take him out with ease with good gear so I'm specifically wondering about early ladder budget builds. (maybe a couple ists or less worth of gear)

For me, I killed him the first few times on a VERY budget level 78 blizz sorc with only 24 to blizzard (from dual spirits) and -15 fire resistance and probably similar light rez. It definitely wasn't easy and took like 7-12ish minutes even once I got it all figured out, so wouldn't recommend if you want a quicker and easy kill unless you have better gear/higher dmg. I then made a budget smiter and the kill times dropped to like a minute or so probably, and a lot less margin for error.
Dobule (Oath)
Frenzy
Barbarian, wearing
Duriel's Shell
, and some random gear. The important part is to get some attack rating, fire absorb, and crushing blow.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
OP
Aegis200 wrote: 1 year ago
Dobule (Oath)
Frenzy
Barbarian, wearing
Duriel's Shell
, and some random gear. The important part is to get some attack rating, fire absorb, and crushing blow.
Nice. Bout how long did the fight take? And did you need attack rating charms? Or just like Angelics set bonus or whatnot. I haven't played melee builds too much, so not too familiar with how much attack rating is needed.
The fight took less than a minute. For attack rating (back then) I used
Demon Limb
Enchant
proc, and dual angelic set (you could get one for a
Lem
or so). Also some iron grand charms and resistance charms. I had about 16k attack rating and I was hitting him roughtly 80% of the time. However, I was able to have some decent crushing blow from goreriders.

Upgrading to Duress and Death made me hit with crushing blow 70% of the time.

Right now my Grief/Death set does it in about 1/4 of the time.

Having a mercenary with reaper's toll also makes it much faster.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
On ladder i kill him with my fohdin, i have 1 point in
Smite
and 1 point
Holy Shield
, and i use
Fleshripper
, ive used Black before but it doesnt have open wounds and i dont have gore riders.

Gear is,
Shako
Guardian Angel
, Spirit
Kurast Shield
Fleshripper
, thundergods
Belt
(i didnt use this until recently so its not necesary) any gloves with 20 ias, any
Boots

The fight takes about 1 or 3 minutes, the merc always dies in 10 seconds.

I think ive killed about 6 or 7 this ladder, have never died that i recall, i do use about 3 full rejuvenation potions each time.
OP
Demon Limb
is a good idea... I tried using a shopped
Wand
with a low level
Enchant
to help my sorc apply PMH, but my chance to hit was still 5% haha. Ended up just spamming
Arrows
at him with a random bow until I hit once and then it was just blizzard from there.
Just get item with prevent monster heal and apply it with successful melee hit.

Another thing is to spawn it in Palace Cellar L3 entering from
Arcane Sanctuary
. There is small door on the north that DClone cannot pass AKA you have always a safe spot to disengage if needed.

But yeah, the easiest and most budged build is Death and bashing him with a shield ;) Apart from that Amazon with
Charged Strike
/
Impale
or Kicksin using
Dragon Talon
are good candidates too.
OP
Ashina - yeah, I use a FOhdin / smiter build. I was using Black and then upgraded to Kingslayer as it gives PMH for dclone, open wounds for ubers, and decent crushing blow. But the best part, you can make it in a
Phase Blade
and with the 30% IAS on it, you don't need any other IAS to hit max
Smite
frames, just a level 3 fanatism. Which means you can stick with casting gear and pretty much just switch to g-face and weapon swap and you are good to go from FOH-ing to smiting.

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
My Wolfbarb slaps around Dclone and ubers with the same set up.

Upp'd shaeld ribracker, durress, gores, dracs (or lifetap
Wand
) and basically anything else you can get your hands on.

Angelics and Demonlimb pre-buff plus my AR charms gets me to right around 20k AR with
Feral Rage
, and with the lifesteal on Feral im safe even if lifetap never procs vs. Dclone (much harder vs. ubers due to the ads).

Wolfred has killed something like 50-60 dclones so far and ive started giving away my lower annis just to clear stash space lol.

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
Disclaimer:
First build I ever actually gave out..mainly because unlike others, this is not intended to be ever be the "best thing possible" but rather a VERY viable early starter build to help you handle your own clones. You really can't f*** this one up I would say..prebuff
Fade
and kick away. ^^

While a paladin is always the "easiest" choice, simply due to the "can't miss" mechanic of
Smite
, I honestly believe my current assassin clone hunter build is actually superior, speaking purely in terms of an early ladder starter as that was the whole point behind it. The goal was to come up with something that can completely annihilate dclone with as little investment required as possible (read: be even cheaper than a budget smiter) and..well, she delivers (as plenty of folks here can attest to by now).

Gear:
-
Guillaume's Face
(15 IAS Jewel)
-
The Cat's Eye

-
Fleshripper
(
Shael
)
- Duress
-
Moser's Blessed Circle
(15 IAS Jewel and p.
Diamond
)
-
Dracul's Grasp

-
Raven Frost

-
Nightsmoke

- Another
Raven Frost

-
Goblin Toe
(fully upped to buff the base damage)

On switch:
-
Demon Limb
(more for your merc than yourself actually so he, too can actually hit dclone and keep himself alive while giving you his might aura - entirely optional)
- Spirit
Monarch
(for buffing - also completely optional)

Charms:
- Assassin Torch
- 7x Martial Arts skiller
- Whatever random life small charms you find to fill the rest

Skills:
- Max
Dragon Talon

- 1pt.
Dragon Flight

- Max
Fade

- Max Venom
- Max
Shadow Master

Attributes:
- Enough strength to equip stuff
- Enough dex for max block
- Everything else straight into vitality

Merc:
- Act 2 Might
-
Tal
's head with a
Shael

- Duress
- Literally any decent cheap polearm you happen to stumble across (I happened to find a solid
Eth
Bonehew
for example so just threw 2x
Amn
into that)

As you likely noticed just by reading the above, the gear is ridiculously cheap to get. And with it, you get:
- Max kick speed (without
Burst of Speed
!)
- Fully capped res
- 108 chance of open wounds
- 100 chance of crushing blow (!)
- 6 kicks (that's what the skillers are for, you need lvl 30
Dragon Talon
to hit the 6)
- Ridiculous survivability, despite what looks like a relatively low life pool; you can actually take out dclone without drac's ever proccing while still not needing a single potion
- The ability to keep going, even when you have multiple mana burn mobs pounding you (thanks to
Nightsmoke
, that thing is genuinely underrated)
- Well above 20k AR so you actually have a very solid hit chance against everything, including dclone

And you only need lvl 78 to finish it up completely.

Ignoring DClone for a sec, the build is actually also very strong against pretty much everything else that isn't phys immune as well though you are single-target so mass farming obviously won't be quite as fast (albeit perfectly possible). Makes for a solid ladder starter as a result.

Beyond 78, I just put left-over points into
Dragon Flight
for a better chance of the opening kick hitting. But if this is to be a farmer as well and not just a clone hunter, you can simply get
Death Sentry
instead and seriously speed up your mass farming.

There's plenty of room to improve from there all the way up to fort + Phoenix and the like but for the sake of being a clone hunter, you really don't need anything more than the above. And honestly, even that (cheap as it is) is already overkill and you could probably get by with half of it.

As an added bonus, the entire way of getting there, kicksins are actually quite strong in terms of handling their own lvling. Get a random socketed weapon with a
Skull
in it for cheap mana leech (so you don't have to keep potting) and just kick away merrily, wrecking everything in sight.

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
Those kicksins are some of my favorite ladder starters. Amazing nihl runners too.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
There's plenty of room to improve from there all the way up to fort + Phoenix and the like but for the sake of being a clone hunter, you really don't need anything more than the above. And honestly, even that (cheap as it is) is already overkill and you could probably get by with half of it.
Yeah, your build looks like a nice early ubers setup and is already waaaay overkill for dclone imo.
that reminds me, is there a page where you can list items by attributes?

like show me all d2r items with "x% damage goes to mana" in a list or show me all d2r items with crushing blow in a list.
would make finding items nice and easy

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
crispin wrote: 1 year ago

like show me all d2r items with "x% damage goes to mana" in a list or show me all d2r items with crushing blow in a list.
Here you go:
runewords/#filter=Crushing%20blow
uniques/#filter=Crushing%20blow
sets/#filter=Crushing%20blow

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
you can use the filters in the database section. not for all items but at least for all uniques or all runewords and the like.
I do it with my 87 lvl FohDin/Smiter which currently is mainly with very budget items, but still kills Dclone in 1-2 minutes or so with 2-4 Rejuvs usually.

My first encounter was with Pure Fohdin without any crushing blow and I couldn't kill it alone (mockingbirdreal, thanks again mate).

Now I am with
Heaven's Light
(with 2
Shael
) for crushing blow,
Rondache
Spirit, Lore, Stealth and
Gore Rider
(for more crushing blow). Gloves and
Belt
are only for some resistances,
Saracen's Chance
Amulet, rings are awful, but just for some more res.

My gear is all self found (except for the
Heaven's Light
- thanks got I found an
Ist
(my second highest found rune is
Fal
by now :( ). My merc is with Insight, Tals
Helm
and some shitty armor, but still 900+ def.

I am always trying to max my resistances so currently they are all maxed except for cold which is 10 points below max. I still don't have Cannot Be Frozen, which is some pain with Diablo from time to time but still not so much.
Zelym wrote: 1 year ago
crispin wrote: 1 year ago

Here you go:
runewords/#filter=Crushing%20blow
uniques/#filter=Crushing%20blow
sets/#filter=Crushing%20blow
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
you can use the filters in the database section. not for all items but at least for all uniques or all runewords and the like.
n1ce. thanks.

In 2.4,
Thunderstroke
Charged Strike
zon is pretty good and can be dirt cheap. Dclone has high elemental res, but facets, Infinity and all that are not necessary for P1 Dclone. Just tstrokes will do, maybe with a
Lower Resist
Wand
for cheese. Zon is pretty tanky at 75% block and 50% chance to
Dodge
…that’s 12.5% chance to be hit, ignoring defense.

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
moonlit wrote: 1 year ago
In 2.4,
Thunderstroke
Charged Strike
zon is pretty good and can be dirt cheap. Dclone has high elemental res, but facets, Infinity and all that are not necessary for P1 Dclone. Just tstrokes will do, maybe with a
Lower Resist
Wand
for cheese. Zon is pretty tanky at 75% block and 50% chance to
Dodge
…that’s 12.5% chance to be hit, ignoring defense.
I'd actually love to see how a budget charged zon does against him (without a
Wand
). Couldn't be bothered trying myself yet and as so often, all you find from various streamers/YTers is the top-end solution, if at all.
I'm doing it as a summoning druid this time.

It was harder than I thought it would be; The first one that spawned on ladder, I failed to kill him.
Second one took me like 45 minutes.
Third one, 20 minutes.
Now I'm doing it in 5 minutes.

I expect to bring that down to 1 or 2 minutes when I get my last couple piece of gear.

It feels awfully long (after killing 30 clones on non-ladder with my paladin in like 15 seconds), but that's acceptable I suppose.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...