Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   6747 views

Description

Quick PSA:
As of the time of this writing, there are at least 3 different bugs that exist with the /uberdiablo command. Please note that these may very easily cause you to miss out on walks and/or cause you to become an unknowing tracker troll if you update the tracker based on what you see in-game.

1) Progress stops updating
What happens?
When you start your game client and create or join a game, your /uberdiablo command gives you the current status. Let's say it is at 4/6. Your command output may randomly get stuck at that result for the rest of your game session. That means when someone sells and pushes it to 5/6, you will not get the 5/6 message. Running the /uberdiablo command will still give you 4/6, even though it is at 5/6. If it is pushed to 6/6, DClone will still spawn in your game but you may not even know he did because you will still not get the 6/6 message. You will have DClone in your game but still see 4/6 when you run the command.

What causes this?
The exact cause for this is unknown but it happens some time within your active gaming session.

How do I fix it?
Close the game client and restart. Merely creating or joining a new game does not suffice, you actually have to close the entire d2:r game client and restart/reconnect.

2) Progress shows for a different game mode/region*
What happens?
Typically, when you run /uberdiablo, you should see the output for the game mode and region that you are currently logged into, based on your selected character. With this bug, you will in fact see the output for a DIFFERENT game mode (and possibly region, further testing needed), seemingly based not on your current character but on the last character you played on before you last closed your game client. Specifically, I've been able to recreate this (reliably) after moving from europe ladder to americas non-ladder with the americas non-ladder /uberdiablo output then matching ladder status (of both, europe and americas at the time), rather than the actual americas non-ladder status. The impact of this bug on getting update messages in-game as a new stage is reached or on DClone spawning are as yet unknown.

What causes this?
Exact cause unknown but it is triggered when you close your game client and restart it, followed by then playing on a character with a different game mode than the last one before you closed the game client. Typically, this is what happens when you just quickly exit out to change region and mode to double-check a tracker progress update.

How do I fix it?
In order to fix this one, you have to make your desired game-mode your last played game mode before game close. That means if you want to see the status for say americas non-ladder, you log into americas, actually create a game with a non-ladder character (you will now see the bugged information), then you leave that game, close the entire game client, then restart/reconnect and now you can see the correct information for americas non-ladder. Merely restarting the game client, without creating a game of that game mode first, will not suffice to fix this one.

3) Progress shown differs between lobby and game
What happens?
When logging into the lobby and executing the /uberdiablo command there, you will get a different result than when creating a game with the same character on the same region at the same time. Specifically, the in-game output seems correct while the lobby output seems incorrect. This seems to be a very rare bug (only seen it once) so further details are still missing I'm afraid.

What causes this?
Unknown at this time.

How do I fix it?
A game client restart seemed to fix it. Though with only one occurrence, more testing would be needed to confirm if that was enough or if something else happened at the same time that fixed it.

Because of the severity of these bugs and the blatantly incorrect output they produce for you, if you find yourself changing the tracker status against repeated counter-updates over and over (say you keep setting it back to 4 while others keep setting it to 5), consider that you might be bugged and follow the outlined fixing steps above in order to ensure that your output is in fact correct. Otherwise, you run the risk of unknowingly trolling all of us for a very, very long time.

If any Blizzard employees actually read this board:
Can you please just fix all of these issues by making the /uberdiablo command a global one? Let us run it for all regions/modes form anywhere. I.e. either have it spit out all regions/modes when executed or parameterize it so we can check specifically (i.e. "/uberdiablo americas ladder" executable from europe non-ladder, as an example). Not only will that circumvent the various bugs you apparently built into the "game figures out where you are" mechanic but it would also save everyone a lot of time and (server) resources due to folks not having to constantly region-change and log over left and right.
(Or better yet, just make the entire event global..region hunting really isn't any more logical than IP hunting was, it is merely faster)

Edit:
Rewrote for clarity and to include all current known bugs in one post.

*Edit #2 (&3):
Upon further (involuntary) testing, it seems that bug #2 might not get you stuck on a specific different region and game mode but it seems to actually get you stuck on stage 1, no matter what. The assumption is that it does "in theory" get you stuck on a different mode/region but because the data for that cannot be accessed from your current region server, it always returns 1 and as such (assuming both are further along than stage 1) neither the correct status for your current mode/region nor for the previous one.
The fix generally remains the same either way. Apparently though, the fix for this bug also does not always work after all. It seems you can simply get stuck for <insert random amount of time here> before a fix takes effect (another restart after that time is required) and you're back to seeing the correct status.
Description by Schnorki

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
Quick PSA:
As of the time of this writing, there are at least 3 different bugs that exist with the /uberdiablo command. Please note that these may very easily cause you to miss out on walks and/or cause you to become an unknowing tracker troll if you update the tracker based on what you see in-game.

1) Progress stops updating
What happens?
When you start your game client and create or join a game, your /uberdiablo command gives you the current status. Let's say it is at 4/6. Your command output may randomly get stuck at that result for the rest of your game session. That means when someone sells and pushes it to 5/6, you will not get the 5/6 message. Running the /uberdiablo command will still give you 4/6, even though it is at 5/6. If it is pushed to 6/6, DClone will still spawn in your game but you may not even know he did because you will still not get the 6/6 message. You will have DClone in your game but still see 4/6 when you run the command.

What causes this?
The exact cause for this is unknown but it happens some time within your active gaming session.

How do I fix it?
Close the game client and restart. Merely creating or joining a new game does not suffice, you actually have to close the entire d2:r game client and restart/reconnect.

2) Progress shows for a different game mode/region*
What happens?
Typically, when you run /uberdiablo, you should see the output for the game mode and region that you are currently logged into, based on your selected character. With this bug, you will in fact see the output for a DIFFERENT game mode (and possibly region, further testing needed), seemingly based not on your current character but on the last character you played on before you last closed your game client. Specifically, I've been able to recreate this (reliably) after moving from europe ladder to americas non-ladder with the americas non-ladder /uberdiablo output then matching ladder status (of both, europe and americas at the time), rather than the actual americas non-ladder status. The impact of this bug on getting update messages in-game as a new stage is reached or on DClone spawning are as yet unknown.

What causes this?
Exact cause unknown but it is triggered when you close your game client and restart it, followed by then playing on a character with a different game mode than the last one before you closed the game client. Typically, this is what happens when you just quickly exit out to change region and mode to double-check a tracker progress update.

How do I fix it?
In order to fix this one, you have to make your desired game-mode your last played game mode before game close. That means if you want to see the status for say americas non-ladder, you log into americas, actually create a game with a non-ladder character (you will now see the bugged information), then you leave that game, close the entire game client, then restart/reconnect and now you can see the correct information for americas non-ladder. Merely restarting the game client, without creating a game of that game mode first, will not suffice to fix this one.

3) Progress shown differs between lobby and game
What happens?
When logging into the lobby and executing the /uberdiablo command there, you will get a different result than when creating a game with the same character on the same region at the same time. Specifically, the in-game output seems correct while the lobby output seems incorrect. This seems to be a very rare bug (only seen it once) so further details are still missing I'm afraid.

What causes this?
Unknown at this time.

How do I fix it?
A game client restart seemed to fix it. Though with only one occurrence, more testing would be needed to confirm if that was enough or if something else happened at the same time that fixed it.

Because of the severity of these bugs and the blatantly incorrect output they produce for you, if you find yourself changing the tracker status against repeated counter-updates over and over (say you keep setting it back to 4 while others keep setting it to 5), consider that you might be bugged and follow the outlined fixing steps above in order to ensure that your output is in fact correct. Otherwise, you run the risk of unknowingly trolling all of us for a very, very long time.

If any Blizzard employees actually read this board:
Can you please just fix all of these issues by making the /uberdiablo command a global one? Let us run it for all regions/modes form anywhere. I.e. either have it spit out all regions/modes when executed or parameterize it so we can check specifically (i.e. "/uberdiablo americas ladder" executable from europe non-ladder, as an example). Not only will that circumvent the various bugs you apparently built into the "game figures out where you are" mechanic but it would also save everyone a lot of time and (server) resources due to folks not having to constantly region-change and log over left and right.
(Or better yet, just make the entire event global..region hunting really isn't any more logical than IP hunting was, it is merely faster)

Edit:
Rewrote for clarity and to include all current known bugs in one post.

*Edit #2 (&3):
Upon further (involuntary) testing, it seems that bug #2 might not get you stuck on a specific different region and game mode but it seems to actually get you stuck on stage 1, no matter what. The assumption is that it does "in theory" get you stuck on a different mode/region but because the data for that cannot be accessed from your current region server, it always returns 1 and as such (assuming both are further along than stage 1) neither the correct status for your current mode/region nor for the previous one.
The fix generally remains the same either way. Apparently though, the fix for this bug also does not always work after all. It seems you can simply get stuck for <insert random amount of time here> before a fix takes effect (another restart after that time is required) and you're back to seeing the correct status.
Now I understand why people were reporting 1 status higher than what was showing in my screen.

Thanks for the write up.
OP

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
And just for good measure, since it is currently affecting a few people again:
There's a second, older bug that results in the status sometimes simply not advancing for you. Say you start playing and it is at 4/6 (as Americas NL was today) and then eventually, someone starts selling and gets it to 5/6 (as has happened now), you yourself might still see 4/6. You will continue to see 4/6 until you restart your game client. Even if/when dclone walks, you will still see 4/6 and not get a message for it (even though he will still spawn in your game, you just won't realize).

As such, when the tracker is repeatedly updated to a stage further than what you see, please restart your game client to avoid incorrectly moving it back to the previous stage over and over (as is happening right now).

In this case, I highly recommend you remember your game name/pass as you restart so you can rejoin, just in case he spawns while you restart. Depends on the stage, obviously.

Edit:
This post is now redundant with the updated first post as that's been changed to include all known bugs.
I don't play ladder at all, never even created a ladder char (i've been at max char limit for a long time now) and I'm noticing the bug on non-ladder. Was stuck at 4/6 for me. Thankfully I went and looked before exiting and he was there waiting!

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
OP

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
I don't play ladder at all, never even created a ladder char (i've been at max char limit for a long time now) and I'm noticing the bug on non-ladder. Was stuck at 4/6 for me. Thankfully I went and looked and he was there waiting!
Yeah, the "no more progress" bug (see my 2nd post here) has nothing to do with ladder. That's a separate bug that's existed since before ladder launch.
Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
I don't play ladder at all, never even created a ladder char (i've been at max char limit for a long time now) and I'm noticing the bug on non-ladder. Was stuck at 4/6 for me. Thankfully I went and looked before exiting and he was there waiting!
Yep, Schnorki informed me about
Diablo Clone
still spawning despite the broken status command response.
As people reported 6/6 and posting their drops I just went to
Rakanishu
's spawn point to encounter
Diablo Clone
with 4/6 bugged status.
OP

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
Updated original post to consolidate all known bugs into one and to make it a bit easier to process. Added the third bug as well.

Deleted User 632 0

Prowner1 wrote:
Someone even reported the screen not shaking while being in-game at stage 5 and then it went to stage 1.
had the game client wouldnt refresh just the other day. I was pissed cause i kept putting the tracker "back" to where it "should" be....took four or five wrong inputs to realize... I'm the problem

NON LADDER THIS IS NON LADDER NON NON LADDER ALL TRADES ARE NON LADDER
OP

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
Bumping for exposure, seeing how a few folks currently keep updating Asia Ladder to 1.

PLEASE STOP, ASIA LADDER IS STILL AT 3!

See bug #2 as to what is most likely happening with you.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Bumping for exposure, seeing how a few folks currently keep updating Asia Ladder to 1.

PLEASE STOP, ASIA LADDER IS STILL AT 3!

See bug #2 as to what is most likely happening with you.
Didn't realize it was bugged. Thought it walked and I missed it :)
Some say about Asia server. Is it really so?

Bisu 369

PC
Today when I inspected the DC status on both Ladder and NL, I was able to get the correct stages without quitting the game. I wonder if the bug has been patched, or it just happened to be behaving for this period. Will need to monitor its consistency.
Is it bugged again? Im on asia and it says 1/6 but the tracker says 4/6

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Azer-Archon wrote: 1 year ago
Is it bugged again? Im on asia and it says 1/6 but the tracker says 4/6
It's 4/6 right now confirmed by a few different sources, game client is bugged.

It says 4/6 for me on Asia, joining from EU region.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation