Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   559 views

Description

hello,

I have a question about how damage applies to traps. I want to build a COH for my traps assa and I was wondering if the 200% increased damage against demons applies to my traps.
It works very well together with the Laying on Hands on my Dreamer and demons just pop.

Is there maybe a list somewhere of what applies and what not? Or is it that simple if it reads "8% life stolen on hit" it's really just on hit when your character hits a target?

Can be used to make Runewords:

hello,

I have a question about how damage applies to traps. I want to build a COH for my traps assa and I was wondering if the 200% increased damage against demons applies to my traps.
It works very well together with the Laying on Hands on my Dreamer and demons just pop.

Is there maybe a list somewhere of what applies and what not? Or is it that simple if it reads "8% life stolen on hit" it's really just on hit when your character hits a target?

No, traps are minion-type.
And the +200% Damage To Demons is a physical damage modifier. Traps are elemental damage.

Relax and have fun!

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
What mockingbird said.

In a more general sense, because traps are not considered your attacks or spells but rather count as minions, stats that normally work "via yourself" (such as +xyz type damage or -enemy resist) do not apply to traps at all. They basically only get improved via additional skill points or indirect effects (lower res,
Conviction
aura).
For the same reason, on kill effects don't work either so no +mana/life on kill via traps.
What does work with traps however is things that get handed down to minions or hirelings such as extra gold and magic find.

But yeah, even if it weren't for that, damage to demons still wouldn't do anything because those modifiers, much like to undead or generally enhanced damage/+dmg as well as life/mana steal only apply to physical attacks and not spells.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Depends which trap from the skill tree you are talking about:
- "Conventional" traps do benefit from +skills, attack speed (for laying),
Lower Resist
Amplify Damage
Decrepify
and
Conviction

-
Fire Blast
does benefit from + % fire dmg / - % fire res
- Blade skills do benefit from some physical mods

More informations here:
http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/sk ... raps.shtml

edit: added amp/decrep for DS
OP
yes, curses and auras are extra.

are hydras also considered minions? or are just "moving" mobs minions?

Hydras, despite considered minion-type in game code, do benefit from +x% Fire Damage and -x% Fire Resistance (such as provided by Rainbow Facet).
They really want to make things complicated

Relax and have fun!
OP
I know. back then they didn't care :D

thanks for the info, guys :)

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
Hydras, despite considered minion-type in game code, do benefit from +x% Fire Damage and -x% Fire Resistance (such as provided by Rainbow Facet).
They really want to make things complicated
Aye..wouldn't wanna make it too easy!

Though throwing the LCS on top so that a ton of things look like they work even though they do nothing and others look like they do nothing even though they actually work..that's pushing it ^^

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...