Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
25 replies   3421 views

Description

Hello!

I am playing this game from the release at least 2 Hours daily. I tried farming everything (Andy,Countess,Summoner,Meph,Chaos,Nithalak,
Baal
,Frigid,Pindle,etc...) Tried with different chars like sorc with mixed
Tal
set, barb with hork (after 2.4), Ama for cows etc... Tried within a party (but loot ninjas always there),tried solo. But after hundreds of hour farming i still cant able to make an Enigma, All my values is a
Lo
, an 2
Ohm
and 2
Vex
. This is not even enough for a
Ber
.... I dont know what to do.. I realy love playing this game but my frustration grow day by day. The thing i see everybody find runes or valuable loot is also not help. I tried lowMF runs for bases but no luck, tried high MF for some uniq but nothing. Help me pls what should i do?

Thnaks!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello!

I am playing this game from the release at least 2 Hours daily. I tried farming everything (Andy,Countess,Summoner,Meph,Chaos,Nithalak,
Baal
,Frigid,Pindle,etc...) Tried with different chars like sorc with mixed
Tal
set, barb with hork (after 2.4), Ama for cows etc... Tried within a party (but loot ninjas always there),tried solo. But after hundreds of hour farming i still cant able to make an Enigma, All my values is a
Lo
, an 2
Ohm
and 2
Vex
. This is not even enough for a
Ber
.... I dont know what to do.. I realy love playing this game but my frustration grow day by day. The thing i see everybody find runes or valuable loot is also not help. I tried lowMF runs for bases but no luck, tried high MF for some uniq but nothing. Help me pls what should i do?

Thnaks!
I got nothing until i started killing the high council in
Travincal
over and over again, there i found 2
Ber
, 1
Ohm
, 1
Lo
and other lower runes, did this with a
Whirlwind
barbarian first with double Oath, then Oath and Death, then Death and Breath of the Dying, upgrading as i got more runes. Of course i always used
Find Item
after killing any uniques. For the merc, the most survivable for me is might desert with Obedience and
Guardian Angel
armor and
Tal Rasha
Mask
, once he is high level, that gives him enough resistances to survive the hydras.

Now im playing ladder and im poor again lol.
Farm UberKey. That is how you are sure to get closed to
Ber
/
Jah
You can sell 6 Hkey for 1
Ist
or more.
Or Tkey, cheaper but you get
Ral
/
Sol
to sell to crafter.

Relax and have fun!
i can understand the frustration i have been playing since the first hour and like many of you, i have spent countless hours so far trying to find items and runes in particular.

I can only recommend one thing and even if it sounds stupid, you just have to keep farming. I did a lot of
Travincal
runs and found
Ber
runes there,

The same goes for the flame river and towards
Chaos Sanctuary
, i found
Ber
runes there as well. That wasn't D2r but I don't think it's any different here.

So just keep farming, kill lots of enemies and then the day will come, runes are also not MF dependent as far as I know. You can also farm with 0% MF and find a
Ber
rune from now on ;)
just to share my personal experience, i made all my Wealth (many hrs, uniques, jewels, charms, high rolled magics) from 2 months farming
Travincal
with Grief-brokenOH WW horker. Also before the patch. My advice would be to not give up and fast farm
Travincal
:D :D
Same here, did like ~1600 High Council runs and got
Jah
, 2
Sur
, 2
Ohm
and a couple of
Ist
and
Mal
(and a lot of other valuable stuff). Maybe on average it takes longer to get those runes, but just keep farming and one day you will get lucky
Trav is a great place to farm high runes. it's quick and easy. But supplement your farming with trading to speed up your rune farming (i.e. superior base items, keys, bundle of jewels, gems, etc...)

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Don't want to sugar coat it...

Many folks don't ever find even
Jah
or
Ber
in an entire ladder season or reset. Majority of folks that find them early have truly magical RNG luck. While you might be frustrated or discouraged we are also only two weeks in to ladder. Now, if you are playing Non-Ladder, then sure you have infinite opportunity to discover, but that still doesn't generally change the timelines for drop rate changes and probability.

For example using LK Chest Runs:
- Player 1
-
Ber
Rune probability drop calc is 1 in every 323,709 chances

- Player 8 (because runes are a function of PC not MF)
-
Ber
run probability drop calc is 1 in every 125,380

General rule or best opportunities and chances for HR Drop areas
Areas
- Ghosts: Ghost/Specters (of any kind) have a higher probability and opportunity to drop HRs (think Arcanne Sanctuary)
- Bosses: Diablo,
Nihlathak
Baal
also all have increased probability chances
- Cow Runs: Generally good area to focus on
- Trav is always a key area to farm if you need any HR up to
Cham

- 85+ Areas when in doubt
- Hephasto (forge) is often overlooked and can drop up to
Zod

Chests
(type of rune you can get by Act in hell from even regular chests and enhanced by super chests)

- Act 1 Hell:
Gul
/
Vex
(r25-r26)
- Act 2 Hell:
Ohm
/
Lo
(r27-r28)
- Act 3 Hell:
Sur
/
Ber
(r29-r30)
- Act 4 Hell:
Jah
/
Cham
(r31-r32)
- Act 5 Hell:
Zod
(r33)

Hopefully this helps friend - happy hunting - good luck and stay safe.

Th3ory

OP
TO be exact i do not play ladder, i speaking of nonladder things. I also do Trav runs amongs the other things i mentioned above but no luck there either. Anyway thanks for the supportive advices :) I will not give up im not that type just helped me write down my frustration.

@Th3ory I did not know about
The Hellforge
guy, thats new to me. Thanks

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Denszecu wrote: 2 years ago
TO be exact i do not play ladder, i speaking of nonladder things. I also do Trav runs amongs the other things i mentioned above but no luck there either. Anyway thanks for the supportive advices :) I will not give up im not that type just helped me write down my frustration.

@Th3ory I did not know about
The Hellforge
guy, thats new to me. Thanks
Patience is virtue as they say - stay the course!

Or my favorite saying Si Vis Pacum Parabellum - If you want Peace, prepare for warth3ory War

There are plenty of other Super Uniques and Bosses you can farm to get High Runes I just named the obvious ones in D/B/N.

A1:
-
Blood Raven
can drop
Vex

-
Rakanishu
can drop
Lo

-
Griswold
can drop
Vex

-
Pitspawn Fouldog
(Jail lvl 2) can drop
Ber

-
Bone Ash
can drop
Ber

A2:
-
Radament
can drop
Ber
or
Sur
(if I recall)
-
Dark Elder
can drop
Ber

-
The Summoner
can drop
Lo

-
Duriel
can drop
Ber

A3:
- All major heavy hitters and new 85 areas plus Trav can drop up to
Cham

A4:
-
Izual
can drop
Cham

-
Hephasto the Armorer
can drop
Zod

- All seals in Chaos can drop up to
Cham

- Diablo can drop up to
Zod

A5:
- Pretty much all major super uniques and bosses can drop up to
Zod

Im pretty close to giving up this season already and wait until PD2 comes out with their new season. I went with a boring hero too (Bone Necro) because i got
Confuse
and thought he could shoot 3
Bone Spear
like in pd2. They really need to let you raise the player base. The streamers that find a lot of loot have a team that sets everything up for them so they find the better loot. PD2 is way more superior than D2R.

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Sh1nakuma1 wrote: 2 years ago
Im pretty close to giving up this season already and wait until PD2 comes out with their new season. I went with a boring hero too (Bone Necro) because i got
Confuse
and thought he could shoot 3
Bone Spear
like in pd2. They really need to let you raise the player base. The streamers that find a lot of loot have a team that sets everything up for them so they find the better loot. PD2 is way more superior than D2R.
You are comparing Apples to Oranges. PD2 is a mod whereas D2R is what Diablo has always been now with the first patch in over 10 years and major QoL adjustments albeit some of them still need polishing.

As I like to say there is a place for Mods and there is a place for the Purist.

If you want to raise the player base then you play offline single player solo found vs. bnet.

The streamers you are also referencing are those heavy hitters in the infernal face and are the outliers not the norm. Plenty of people can farm, grind, partner, and find plenty of loot.

Purist? Then why did they add new content like rune words and skill synergies. That isnt purist. The trade chat on bnet is still broken and there is no channel to join
Baal
or cow runs.

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Sh1nakuma1 wrote: 2 years ago
Purist? Then why did they add new content like rune words and skill synergies. That isnt purist. The trade chat on bnet is still broken and there is no channel to join
Baal
or cow runs.
This is getting off topic - but not sure what you are debating here. PD2 is a heavy Mod - D2R at its core is "relatively" purist. Purist being the foundational element of D2. They added elements after folks complained - and they barely touched RWs and amending skill synergies is about meta balancing including merc adjustments. Blizzard is and always will be under pressure to add to the same to keep folks happy and entertained.

No New Maps, No New Skills, No New Characters, No New or Heavily amended modified existing base gear items - D2R is closer to Purist than PD2. Simply put.

As I said previously - if you want a mod those exist go mod, if you want more of the base layer of the game then you play D2R or Classic LoD.

D2R has its flaws as I astutely called out "needs polishing".

It's not about the destination, it's about the journey. Once you have all the shinies, your motivation to play evaporates. There is no reason to play a loot based game when you have everything for all your characters.

Enjoy the journey and stop looking at the end point...
Don't get upset. I also don't play very much a day - usually an hour or two. We played with a friend together. Everything that we found valuable fell anytime and anywhere, but not when we went to a specific place to find something. For example, we were testing my new Bone necromancer in the cowshed, and the
Jah
rune fell there. But when we specially cleaned the cowshed dozens of times for the sake of runes, we saw only the lowest ones)) The
Ber
rune fell when I was just running aimlessly through the levels of
The Countess
tower from a regular mob at level 2. We got two
Ber
runes by selling the great amulet found I don't remember where. As a result, after 5 months of playing, we got a "riddle" for each of us. Something like that. Many things I haven't seen even once. I've never seen anything of value from
Baal
, Diablo, the council in travincale, or any other boss in the game. I hope to see the fall of the griffin's eyes at least before the end of this year)))

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Rasalom wrote: 2 years ago
It's not about the destination, it's about the journey. Once you have all the shinies, your motivation to play evaporates. There is no reason to play a loot based game when you have everything for all your characters.

Enjoy the journey and stop looking at the end point...
AMEN

OP
I dont understand why
Travincal
is so good... After 50 run with max item find barb only 1 time saw a rune drop...
:/ Maybe the next 50.. :D

clccc 12

Sorceress Americas PC
I used to share this frustration with the original D2. While I was young I felt like I played countless hours and never once did I even see anything higher than
Vex
drop. I felt like I was dumping hours in but always had to find mediocre to trade up. Once D2:R released I jumped right into my same routine, I was running Andy, Meph and Pindle in every game with the occasional
Baal
if I felt up for it. Again got a few decent drops from Meph like
Arachnid Mesh
and a few
Harlequin Crest
but never anything of real value. This was all within the first 2 weeks, Then by the end of the 3rd week I was making my Enigma.

I started playing a bit different that third week, While I did play probably 5-6 hours a day for that week... I started clearing champion packs on the way to EVERYTHING I did. I had never done this before, Just boss rush Tp'ing. All of a sudden,
Ber
in catacombs,
Sur
in
Stony Field
on my way to grab a Leg for cows,
Lo
in the Durance,
Jah
in cows... I've since just stopped the "focused MF" stuff. It may work for some but it was just mind numbing I don't know why I stuck with it for so long. The game is much more enjoyable now and my magic find games consist of basically *every* zone you can think of on a "mf these areas list" [Stony Field, Countess, Andy (killing along the way), Ancient Tunnels, Arcane, *sometimes Duriel*, Durance + Mephisto, Chaos, *sometimes River of Flame*, pindle, Nihl and a full Worldstone 1-3 run] and I basically fully clear them of champions. I'm by no means crazy rich but it's netted me an Enigma and Infinity, some nice top-end gear and even a few
Jah
/
Ber
to spare in the stash.
Denszecu wrote: 2 years ago
I dont understand why
Travincal
is so good... After 50 run with max item find barb only 1 time saw a rune drop...
:/ Maybe the next 50.. :D
50 runs is not very much ;) I took me 500 runs to get my first
Ohm
rune from High Council. And I think this is still a good result. For exampIe I saw a Video on Youtube from a guy who shared his results of 6000 Trav runs. He claimed that he had a series of like 1500 runs without a rune drop equal or greater than
Mal
... so one really has to be patient and just enjoy the game (I love High Council <3). If you enjoy High Council, just do a couple of thousand runs, and you probably get some decent runes there. And sometimes it happens very fast: After no good rune drop for a few hundred runs, I got
Vex
Jah
Ist
and
Sur
within 70 runs. Best of luck!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...