Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   1719 views

Would you pitch in?

Poll ended at 2 years ago

Yes, 1 SoJ (14%)
Yes, multiple SoJs/on a regular basis (11%)
Yes, but not at current SoJ prices (57%)
No (19%)
Total votes: 37
Total votes: 37

Description

Since recent changes to the DClone event have made organizing walks a LOT more user friendly and simple and have eliminated the problem of folks who buy in not being able to get onto a game with the right IP and still missing out, I figured I'd go ahead and see if there's any interest in creating organized walks for all of us beyond just the (bound to be decreasing) number of walks we happen to catch from the broader public.

The general idea would be as follows:
- I would collect and pool SoJs from everyone willing to pitch in (1 minimum, sky's the limit). This would be an ongoing, rolling collection, open at any time.
- I would create a poll to determine the most preferred timing for a walk amongst our users with various time slots on weekends (to avoid hard work week conflicts).
- Once enough SoJs have been contributed, I would announce the exact time and region of the walk (=start of SoJ sales) here with ample heads up for everyone to plan accordingly.
- Upon reaching said time, I will begin selling SoJs until a walk is triggered.
- Remaining SoJs will be pooled with future SoJ contributions for future walks.
- If at some point no future walks are planned because contributions dwindle, I would hold a raffle among prior SoJ contributors to randomly distribute left-over SoJs back to them. Alternatively, I'd keep a running list of contributions by member and would distribute SoJs back to them, going from highest to lowest. Open to suggestions on the method there.
- My "administration fee" is merely the
Annihilus
that I get for myself. All SoJs will remain in the "walk pool" and/or be redistributed as noted above.
- Following my own kill, I will happily help anyone in need take care of their DClone as well as I am sure others here would be, too (I'd aim to keep an extra hour or so open in my schedule to help out).

The exact frequency of these walks would obviously vary and be subject to just how many folks are willing to contribute to this over time. But the general idea would be to have them as frequently as possible (say weekly, assuming enough contributors) and to rotate through the top 2 or 3 preferred times amongst our users as we go through multiple walks.

Timing and region would be posted here publicly so your contribution would not be a "private buy-in" but more of a donation to a scheduled walk for all.

Currently, I would only plan this for softcore, non-ladder, expansion. Ladder would be added once it has matured a bit, given enough interest.

I'm attaching a poll here to see how many people would be willing to contribute and hence to see if this is something we'd actually be able to pull off.
Description by Schnorki

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Since recent changes to the DClone event have made organizing walks a LOT more user friendly and simple and have eliminated the problem of folks who buy in not being able to get onto a game with the right IP and still missing out, I figured I'd go ahead and see if there's any interest in creating organized walks for all of us beyond just the (bound to be decreasing) number of walks we happen to catch from the broader public.

The general idea would be as follows:
- I would collect and pool SoJs from everyone willing to pitch in (1 minimum, sky's the limit). This would be an ongoing, rolling collection, open at any time.
- I would create a poll to determine the most preferred timing for a walk amongst our users with various time slots on weekends (to avoid hard work week conflicts).
- Once enough SoJs have been contributed, I would announce the exact time and region of the walk (=start of SoJ sales) here with ample heads up for everyone to plan accordingly.
- Upon reaching said time, I will begin selling SoJs until a walk is triggered.
- Remaining SoJs will be pooled with future SoJ contributions for future walks.
- If at some point no future walks are planned because contributions dwindle, I would hold a raffle among prior SoJ contributors to randomly distribute left-over SoJs back to them. Alternatively, I'd keep a running list of contributions by member and would distribute SoJs back to them, going from highest to lowest. Open to suggestions on the method there.
- My "administration fee" is merely the
Annihilus
that I get for myself. All SoJs will remain in the "walk pool" and/or be redistributed as noted above.
- Following my own kill, I will happily help anyone in need take care of their DClone as well as I am sure others here would be, too (I'd aim to keep an extra hour or so open in my schedule to help out).

The exact frequency of these walks would obviously vary and be subject to just how many folks are willing to contribute to this over time. But the general idea would be to have them as frequently as possible (say weekly, assuming enough contributors) and to rotate through the top 2 or 3 preferred times amongst our users as we go through multiple walks.

Timing and region would be posted here publicly so your contribution would not be a "private buy-in" but more of a donation to a scheduled walk for all.

Currently, I would only plan this for softcore, non-ladder, expansion. Ladder would be added once it has matured a bit, given enough interest.

I'm attaching a poll here to see how many people would be willing to contribute and hence to see if this is something we'd actually be able to pull off.
When you can buy a good average anni for
Lo
and a good above average anni for
Sur
, paying
Sur
for a walk and a chance seems like a bad deal to me (currently), so I'd consider chipping in when the SoJ is worth your proposed
Vex
/
Cham
or mine
Ohm
Vex
. :)

Also this "My "administration fee" is merely the
Annihilus
that I get for myself. All SoJs will remain in the "walk pool" and/or be redistributed as noted above."
is big and what makes this idea not instantly stink. All other former IP hunt dclones were pocketing them.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Oh, it is certainly a "bad deal" economically. Has been for a while. :)
Unless of course you multi-box.

Personally, I'd mainly chip in for the fun of it and because I prefer the randomness of finding/rolling my own to buying a 20/20/10 flat out.
That and because at some point, you really don't have much else to do with your ewealth..I'd wager I'm not the only one at that stage. :D

Well and it is does offer an opportunity to give back to the community here. Let's be honest, if not for this platform and the trading done here, my chars wouldn't be anywhere near as decked as they are. Probably not even one of them... so why not use the left-over Wealth to trigger walks for everyone who helped with that?
The first couple of Americas walks I dropped ~25 SOJs towards the count. Are we still assuming the required number is the same as before? Somewhere in the ~100 ish region?

Anni value is low, but I still like the event.
OP

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Dimefox wrote: 2 years ago
The first couple of Americas walks I dropped ~25 SOJs towards the count. Are we still assuming the required number is the same as before? Somewhere in the ~100 ish region?

Kudos to you, good sir.

Considering that they specifically stated the method of summoning stays the same and that we haven't heard anything to the contrary yet, I would assume the SoJ count is still the same as it was, yes. Be that 75-150, 80-120 or whatever repeatedly discussed and argued about range one believes in.
I'd throw in an SoJ just for the community of it, but that means I'd have to find one first :p

I'm not an SoJ farmer, so it wouldn't be on the regular, but I support the idea. If I find one, I'm in.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Would be happy to organize this on Hardcore where it is going to be far more difficult to have this happen - I wish they would modify the SOJ count on HC where the player base is going to be significantly smaller especially on Ladder. Likely will be near impossible to get D Clone to trigger during a Ladder season - just my guess.

OP

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Th3ory wrote: 2 years ago
Would be happy to organize this on Hardcore where it is going to be far more difficult to have this happen - I wish they would modify the SOJ count on HC where the player base is going to be significantly smaller especially on Ladder. Likely will be near impossible to get D Clone to trigger during a Ladder season - just my guess.
Gotta say, I would love to see some actual numbers on playerbase size across the different game modes.

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Gotta say, I would love to see some actual numbers on player-base size across the different game modes.
Based on the proxy so far on the poll you can see how light that it is. I'm sure @Teebling can query the profiles to parse out who has selected HC vs. SC of the ~70K members. As you know it isn't a requirement to select that within the profile, but I have to imagine that many have.

OP

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Gotta say, I would love to see some actual numbers on player-base size across the different game modes.
Based on the proxy so far on the poll you can see how light that it is. I'm sure @Teebling can query the profiles to parse out who has selected HC vs. SC of the ~70K members. As you know it isn't a requirement to select that within the profile, but I have to imagine that many have.
True. Though to be fair, that's a one or the other type of selection. So you miss everyone who plays both which might just shift it quite drastically.

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC

True. Though to be fair, that's a one or the other type of selection. So you miss everyone who plays both which might just shift it quite drastically.
Touche - definitely can see some of that, but I would be a betting man to suggest that is the outlier vs. the norm. Sure, some SC folks may dabble with HC, but I don't see it in the masses.

Kudos to you, good sir.

Considering that they specifically stated the method of summoning stays the same and that we haven't heard anything to the contrary yet, I would assume the SoJ count is still the same as it was, yes. Be that 75-150, 80-120 or whatever repeatedly discussed and argued about range one believes in.
Put me down for 10 soj. You going to make a new thread or gather them in this thread?
OP

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC

Kudos to you, good sir.

Put me down for 10 soj. You going to make a new thread or gather them in this thread?
I'll give the poll a bit of time to run first. If it seems like enough donations would be there, I'll make an actual announcement topic for both, collection and to announce the individual runs and all that.
OP

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Alright, considering the results of the poll now that it has ended, I'm tabling the idea for the time being.

Seems we're still getting the occasional run as is, even more so with kind folks like Dimefox here adding a heads up for his pending sales (assuming you get your internet back ^^). But really organizing a full one would probably take a bit more contributor interest.

Looks like we'd be fine running this once SoJ prices stabilize at a lower rate though. Recent sales or just bonkers..anything from
Vex
Ist
to
Jah
, tsk.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...