57 replies   26618 views

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

So you mean that these synergies work as does.....magic find? 🤪
zilonka wrote: 2 years ago
Katonda wrote: 2 years ago
There is a diminishing return after 69%. It takes about 2 skill points to move up 1% after this perfect 69%.
Also, note that "commas" in the spreadsheets are equivalent to "decimal points" for us 'Muricans.
There are diminishing returns at for every level
Find Item
, not just at level 16, so I'm not sure what your point is. Is it because of a rounding down like I suggested in my subsequent post? Could you elaborate?
Up until 69%, it take about 1 point to raise 1% to 2%. Beyond 69%, you start to see that about 2 skill point is needed to raise 1%.

Edit: the "perfect 69%" for me meant as in 69 meme jokes.
Nice.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
It does seem a bit strange that in a patch that was among other things very specifically aimed at making tooltips complete and adding all hidden synergies and boni to said tooltips, you would also get a Brand new hidden synergy that remains hidden.
Not that I would really be surprised by Blizz doing that but..yeah

That having been said, the only supporting "evidence" I can find for this is random claims from equally random unformatted supposed PTR build patch notes and people who "tested" this with like 5 or 10 runs, just to then go "well it feels like it might be more consistent" and even those weren't on live. Additionally, some of those claimed breaking 100% on
Find Item
which is just...what's the highest you can get for
Find Item
again? Level 58 with shrine I believe which is 59% chance. Adding in a 1% synergy on 20 pts would put that at 79. Blizz probably won't have suddenly re-invented the way barb synergies work just to make this one work with soft points as well to get you to 100+. So yeah, the evidence for all of this is lackluster to say the least.

If someone wants to do a statistically relevant amount of runs with and without
Find Potion
maxed and actually keep track of the numbers though, go for it! Would put this to rest one way or another.
Looks like its FIXED...73%
Find Item
displayed!
OP
worstd2playerever wrote: 2 years ago
Katonda wrote: 2 years ago

There are diminishing returns at for every level
Find Item
, not just at level 16, so I'm not sure what your point is. Is it because of a rounding down like I suggested in my subsequent post? Could you elaborate?
Up until 69%, it take about 1 point to raise 1% to 2%. Beyond 69%, you start to see that about 2 skill point is needed to raise 1%.

Edit: the "perfect 69%" for me meant as in 69 meme jokes.
Nice.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Azer-Archon wrote: 2 years ago
It does seem a bit strange that in a patch that was among other things very specifically aimed at making tooltips complete and adding all hidden synergies and boni to said tooltips, you would also get a Brand new hidden synergy that remains hidden.

That having been said, the only supporting "evidence" I can find for this is random claims from equally random unformatted supposed PTR build patch notes and people who "tested" this with like 5 or 10 runs, just to then go "well it feels like it might be more consistent" and even those weren't on live. Additionally, some of those claimed breaking 100% on
Find Item
Find Item
again? Level 58 with shrine I believe which is 59% chance. Adding in a 1% synergy on 20 pts would put that at 79. Blizz probably won't have suddenly re-invented the way barb synergies work just to make this one work with soft points as well to get you to 100+. So yeah, the evidence for all of this is lackluster to say the least.

Find Potion
maxed and actually keep track of the numbers though, go for it! Would put this to rest one way or another.
Find Item
displayed!

Yup, 1% it is. Noice!
Been wondering what that mini patch was earlier :)
OP

Find Item
Find Item

Find Potion
Find Item
displayed!

Yup, 1% it is. Noice!

image.png

Been wondering what that mini patch was earlier :)
Yeah I logged out a few minutes ago and when I logged back in the skill displayed the synergies after running an update for a few minutes

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Funny..I had actually just finally respecced my barb to test this whole thing with statistically significant numbers.

No more need to bother with that or to spec back now though I guess. Good timing! :D
OP
Yeah now I want to know where the sweet spot if for skills. currently I have 20 pts into
Find Potion
and only 2 into
Find Item
. Running a full inventory of wc eg gcs with 2lemmed +3wc warswords so i have +21 to all skills to get 73% after
Battle Command

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Well, are you giving up anything worthwhile to get more into
Find Item
? If not, sweet spot = 20/20.

I've got plenty of skills to waste in my trav build anyways so sitting pretty on 20/20. :)
Find Item

I've got plenty of skills to waste in my trav build anyways so sitting pretty on 20/20. :)
I gave up:
Natural Resistance
and
Iron Skin
- both now just 1 hard point.
Shout
(7 hard points) and Battle order (18 hard points) - both used to be maxed.

In exchange:
I maxed
Find Potion
and put 10 hard points into
Find Item
This gives me 75% chance of finding items after
Battle Command
OP
Find Item

I actually like to kill things so I'm max WW/
Find Item
barb, can't let my merc have all the fun.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Find Item

I actually like to kill things so I'm max WW/
Find Item
barb, can't let my merc have all the fun.
I kill things on my other chars. In trav, I enjoy watching my merc wreck things while I just disable all of them. Plus there wouldn't be much killing with the >2k gold find and whatnot anyways. :)
OP
I have 1640 gf not using alibaba with 73%
Find Item
and 2105 with alibaba and 70%
Find Item
. I should have pushed harder on
Baal
runs...when more people were online, I think levels are the only way to increase my
Find Item
w/o compromising kill speed... Merc has
Eth
up GA with Ias min dmg,
Eth
up kira with ias max dmg, and
Eth
reapers shaeled. So he does pretty well.
OP
Whats your
Find Item
% at?

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Whats your
Find Item
% at?
Find Item
with about 2k gf and 400 mf

Deleted User 632 0

this feels relevant. it's a reddit post about the chance to finding high runes with the buff to
Find Item
. How the Find Item buff affects HR farming at Trav (also pitzerking)
There's going to be a lot of buff nearly naked men dressed in nothing but topazes humping corpses in public Chaos runs for the first weeks of ladder. Blizz should consider giving the game a 'contains sexual content' sticker if they haven't already, with all the sweaty men moaning together in dark corners. Berghain in D2r!
Hard for me to
Sacrifice
that extra damage from
Frenzy
synergies (or
Blade Mastery
) for only 5% extra
Find Item
chance. Going with 70% total right now with 250% MF for
Baal
runs and liking it so far (Trav runs just don't give me enough XP so I stick with
Baal
). Might eventually respec and test out 75%, but I was happy with 56% before patch, so 70% seems like more than enough at the moment (1 point
Find Item
/ 20 points
Find Potion
).

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...