Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
49 replies   8013 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

0Tyrael0 wrote: 2 years ago
If you're starting with more than others you're cheating.
Where does that end? If I've played the game before, and I already know how to build my character, I'm starting the game with more knowledge then someone else... am I cheating?

If I have more time to play the game then you do, is that cheating?

If I bring a bunch of my friends with me to play and we're always grouped up, and they funnel all their good drops to me, is that cheating?
WMAlleg wrote: 2 years ago
NODRULE wrote: 2 years ago
On the other hand, you can use Ladder just as a source of FG, to max your non ladder pvp character, Low LVL duel, or some other fun builds you want to try to not get burned out. Everything depends. I'm using a JSP for years, and i'm not going to take advantage of FG to boost my ladder character, but use my ladder character to boost my non-ladder ones.

I get that. I guess the fundamental difference is when you work hard for something in the actual game, versus in real life (ie. a jobby job). Same goal, different approach.

The whole of FG currency is exchangeable for real world currency. So any use of the currency is promoting the real world currency to FG exchange.

It's just that by keeping things solely attainable via in game only, it levels the playing field so everyone has the same potential and it becomes more about skill, dedication, and experience INSTEAD of real world currency exchanges for rare digital items.

I could see a pvp player saying the exact same thing but just the opposite of what I think xD

So its whatever really, there is no way to do anything about it for the most part. It is just a part of the game economy.
weegee wrote: 2 years ago
remember d2jsp also brings inflation into ladder, when there are more money than its needed for demand-supply cycle, guess what it brings, it really puts those poor (aka play it fairly) into disadvantage (just like the real world), unfortunately there's no good way to rid of d2jsp we'll have to learn to live with it, its just completely renders ladder pointless, so why have ladder in the first place?
I believe this is the inherent source of frustration with d2jsp. Judging the existence or use of the platform is irrelevant. It's the very real phenomenon of Wealth privilege worming its way into a game, where there 'ought' to be a reasonably level playing field. It also has a substantial effect on the in-game economy as bad actors manipulate to their gain. Gotta have/spend money to make money y'all.

While it's fair to say "it simply exists, get used to it", it still hits close to home for many by mimicking disparity and manipulation of Wealth and it's affect on our lives outside of Diablo. Hence, bad feelings. IMHO :)
Ladder only FG. lol
Well to be fair you need a ton of FG to buy good Gear in the first week
A decent Eni alone is 50k+

But yea assuming you do Runs immediately and sell everything for the next 1-2weeks you are most likely making Profits

In the end you dont need it though, I barely ever used JSP and still got everything I wanted from doing Runs and then use Sites like this and Ingame Trades to build my Gear and get some "Wealth" in form of Runes and Items :)

JSP or not, you can have fun playing the game and in the end thats what really counts.
Not who has a bigger E Penis with perfect gear that does nothing for the gameplay anyway :D

Also, if you ever find a GG Item (PvP Stuff) Trading it for Ingame Stuff = Instant Rip Off
Only on JSP you will get what some Items are really worth, assuming its some PvP Barb Stuff or
Claws
, Rings etc
nvm
Very much so, the ability to use FG in a new ladder season is gamebreaking.
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
NODRULE wrote: 2 years ago
To infer d2jsp market has no effect on supply and demand of D2R is asinine.
It doesn't really though does it?

Supply of items on the market is due to the number of players in games, finding items. How does d2jsp FG specifically affect either of those things?

Change my mind?
Well, the more FG being exchanged means the less those people who use the FG have to farm for said item. So it directly affects who farms and how much. If you have farmed d2lod for 20 years and only used FG, you can now just let others farm for you and buy their stuff for the FG and never have to lift a rock or kill a mob.

Also the artificial currency is not backed by any real d2r asset like soj or
Ber
runes so the FG can just endlessly be created or purchased for real world money, and this directly affects what items are available for trade by normal means, since people use the FG to exchange for something in game that was actually attained in a legit manner.

It has an immense direct affect to the d2r market, without a shadow of doubt.
With d2jsp the "ladder fresh start" does not exist.

What is the point of move all your Wealth from years and years to the next "fresh start".

ALL MY TRADES ARE NON-LADDER

"ARGHHHHHHH, FRESH MEAT"
Yeah, but its also fun that you can sell your World of Warcraft gold to buy diablo 2 items ;).

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation