Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   3925 views

Description

Hello guys. I'm currently playing single player and had the message "Diablo has invaded Sanctuary!" I was standing in Act 5, I've looked at
Dac Farren
, Shenk, Eldritch, Sharptooth, Pindle, Eyeback
and
Thresh Socket
super uniques in Act 5, and DClone isn't at any of them.

Does anybody have some suggestions as to where he could be?
Description by Whoabrah

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello guys. I'm currently playing single player and had the message "Diablo has invaded Sanctuary!" I was standing in Act 5, I've looked at
Dac Farren
, Shenk, Eldritch, Sharptooth, Pindle, Eyeback
and
Thresh Socket
super uniques in Act 5, and DClone isn't at any of them.

Does anybody have some suggestions as to where he could be?

Schnorki 3247Moderator

PC
Where were you when you got the message?

He can replace any super unique in the game. Which one exactly depends on where you were as the message hit, which you had been to before then and (if you were in town) which wp you took to leave town.
OP
I spawned in act 5 when I entered the game. I hadn't moved an inch or taken a WP to anywhere.

Schnorki 3247Moderator

PC
Actually, re-reading your original:
You were in single-player?! B.net event spawns single-player? That sounds..wrong. Normally, the way to spawn him in single-player (i.e. offline) is by selling 1 SoJ in the game.

If you meant a private game on b.net, when did you get the message? Were you already in the game?
If you had a new game then he would spawn next to wherever you took the waypoint to. Normally, that's frigid and he replaces eldritch. If you went elsewhere first, it'd be a different location.

But if the message/event hit before your game was already up and running, he won't be in your game. The game has to be up and going before stage 6 is reached.
OP
Yeah, I'm on single player. And I was just AFKing in Act 5 when the message showed up. I guess I'll just have to go through all the acts and look for him.

Schnorki 3247Moderator

PC
If you were in offline single player, he shouldn't have spawned because the event was triggered on b.net. But you also shouldn't have even gotten the message.

If you were in an online private game when you got the message, then he would have spawned if the game was up before the event triggered.

He will have replaced the closest super unique to you at the time of the event triggering if you were not in town or if you were in town then the closest to you when you first left town afterwards. That's assuming that same super unique hasn't spawned yet in that game (that is you haven't been close to it).

https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/ ... Diablo_II)
has a list of the super uniques for reference. If he isn't at any of those, then he didn't spawn in your game.
OP
Perhaps it doesn't spawn in single player as it does on bnet. But I did get the message. It's strange. Thanks for your time and help! :)
To help further iterate this, the Dclone spawn message will still appear in offline single player if you are connected to internet in order to alert everyone that he is spawning, however his spawn is only in current online hell bnet games, so the messages in offline are to give you a chance to get online when he is starting to spawn. offline will only spawn dclone if you sell 1 soj to a vendor. if you did not sell and you see a message it is ment for bnet indication.
OP
You're a hero. Thanks for clarifying.

Vom 3

Druid Americas PC
Hey question, if I spawned him and cant kill him can I jsut wait in town and afk till my friend gets on? Or will he despawn?

Bisu 371

PC
Vom wrote: 2 years ago
Hey question, if I spawned him and cant kill him can I jsut wait in town and afk till my friend gets on? Or will he despawn?
It shouldn't de-spawn. The real risk is that your game might disconnect during the wait.
He will stay in game until he's killed. As the other comment said, the real issue is game crashes, disconnect/maintenance, loss of internet connections, things like that.
If you have an high level player, I hear it's not too difficult to kill it with a variety of classes. Some people seem to think "Smitadin or bust", but while it's obviously easy to kill it with a smitadin, plenty of other builds can kill it; Any melee build with crushing blow and
Life Tap
, for starter, but I hear even caster builds can take him down.
My orb/
Hydra
sorc beat him easily (budget gear), though i had
Decrepify
lowering his resists being applied by my merc. Basically any caster with a
Lower Resist
Wand
is capable.
Several players on this forum including myself will kill him for free if you need help next time. I have a trade listed in player services if you need it and Im online.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation