Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   3671 views

Description

Hey y’all, I’ve been doing some
Lower Kurast
runs, and for a while I was killing everything on players setting 3 (highest I could do easily) then after everything was dead I changed it to players 7/8 and went to open all the chests and stuff.

But does anyone know if it even makes a difference. I know whatever the players setting is sets the level of the monsters when they spawn on the map so if your in the middle of a fight the monster won’t suddenly get alot tougher, but when does that effect take place on chests? When the chest spawns or when it’s opened?

And do pop-ables work the same way?

Thanks for your feedback!
Description by Nate

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 535

Switch
Lower Kurast
runs, and for a while I was killing everything on players setting 3 (highest I could do easily) then after everything was dead I changed it to players 7/8 and went to open all the chests and stuff.

But does anyone know if it even makes a difference. I know whatever the players setting is sets the level of the monsters when they spawn on the map so if your in the middle of a fight the monster won’t suddenly get alot tougher, but when does that effect take place on chests? When the chest spawns or when it’s opened?

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Nate wrote: 2 years ago
Lower Kurast

Yes in the sense that Runes are a function of Player count not MF and LK is a great area for
Ber
runes and beyond so it will benefit your nodrop RNG chances.

Khegan 376

Your player setting doesn't affect chests (or any container that can drop multiple items) until the moment you open them. Cheese away.

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Khegan wrote: 2 years ago
Your player setting doesn't affect chests (or any container that can drop multiple items) until the moment you open them. Cheese away.
Accurate - and per my above Player count does increase Rune chances or nodrops RNG so when in doubt if you are in MF games and you are rune hunting you might as well set to P7 to take advantage overall.

Also, I think it was obvious, but focus on Super Chest areas not the standard vanilla.

@Khegan keep me honest as maybe I was incorrect - I know about truncated and the randomized patterns of chests. My understanding, and you said it more astutely is that yes the locked chest is already determined (drops unaffected via locked status) and does not have influence by Player Count, but at the event of opening, the game does a random roll to determine one of six cases of which way the rng goes. This is where I was fairly certain that Player count can then help (aid) in influence rune chances.

Deleted User 632 0

This cheat sheet has a nice info section on
Lower Kurast
farming and a runes probability calculator. https://d2runes.io/#/cheatsheet
OP

Nate 535

Switch
Thx for all the feedback! That’s a pretty sweet cheat sheet! Can’t wait for the gambling section! My sorc is level 88 and imma grind her to 90 to try and get me some gg circlets

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation