60 PR
Wisp Projector
, so lots of lightning absorb.
Ravenfrost
Maybe 30 % Life Steal from
String of Ears
and
Vampire Gaze
. These items also give some physical damage reduction.
Grief
Zaka
Draculs grasp
Mediocre Pala Torch

I've done upwards of 1500
Travincal
runs with this character. He got me 2 Vexes, 1
Lo
, 1
Ber
, 1
Cham
and a lot of other stuff. On a normal <1 minute run he never dips below maybe 1350 life. Even without the proc from the gloves, he's got a lot of lifesteal.

Since 2.4 dropped, I only did 37.5 runs, because on the 38th run mr Flamefinger killed me! First I lost roughly 400 life in an instant. I took a full rejuv and thought it was a fluke. Then ZAP I was dead. I didn't see any Death explosion and I was killed by
Geleb Flamefinger
. He had about 70% HP left on the Death screen. I'm sorry, I didn't screenshot what specs he had. As far as I remember he had lightning enchanted and extra strong. He did NOT have Physical Immunity, which means my lifesteal was working. I've done over 1000 runs and I usually just ignore their buffs (maybe go for the green aura first but otherwise I just go chopping with my Grief).

Did they change something with
Travincal
? Is there a bug? Did I miss some balance change?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Until five minutes ago I had a Zealadin with the following specs:

1500 life
77 FR
80 LR
75 CR
60 PR
Wisp Projector
, so lots of lightning absorb.
Ravenfrost
Maybe 30 % Life Steal from
String of Ears
and
Vampire Gaze
. These items also give some physical damage reduction.
Grief
Zaka
Draculs grasp
Mediocre Pala Torch

I've done upwards of 1500
Travincal
runs with this character. He got me 2 Vexes, 1
Lo
, 1
Ber
, 1
Cham
and a lot of other stuff. On a normal <1 minute run he never dips below maybe 1350 life. Even without the proc from the gloves, he's got a lot of lifesteal.

Since 2.4 dropped, I only did 37.5 runs, because on the 38th run mr Flamefinger killed me! First I lost roughly 400 life in an instant. I took a full rejuv and thought it was a fluke. Then ZAP I was dead. I didn't see any Death explosion and I was killed by
Geleb Flamefinger
. He had about 70% HP left on the Death screen. I'm sorry, I didn't screenshot what specs he had. As far as I remember he had lightning enchanted and extra strong. He did NOT have Physical Immunity, which means my lifesteal was working. I've done over 1000 runs and I usually just ignore their buffs (maybe go for the green aura first but otherwise I just go chopping with my Grief).

Did they change something with
Travincal
? Is there a bug? Did I miss some balance change?

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
R.I.P.

Tough luck I suppose.

There are rare
Enchant
combinations that can in fact become deadly when ignored. If you happened to land a full
Zeal
barrage on him, rather than his cronies, resulting in repeated proccing of his enchants, that may just be enough to take you out past anything you can leech in that time.
I distinctly remember having that sort of thing happen on
Baal
's 5th wave once when the java's first
Lightning Fury
hit the boss so often that his combination of enchantments instantly killed all 8 of us (and that's 8 fully geared 90+ chars with real BO and sage, not some half-geared lowbies).

The only change I have actually noticed (or am imagining) is that none of my mercs ever die anymore. Did they Stealth-nerf/fix hydras, too? They used to at least go down in life from those. Now..hardly anything.

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Doubt it was a bug and nothing formally changed that was explicitly announced. Unfortunate, but part of the HC experience from one brethren to another. Welcome to the Shadow realm...or as I'll say to you :P
In all seriousness very possible you didn't see the graphics as
Travincal
is a significant busy barrage of elements. Possible you killed Ismail or Toorc and the
Corpse Explosion
knocked you out.

Khegan 376

I don't know what combination led to this, but something to consider:

Geleb is always FE, so being LE as well means he releases invisible explosions when placed into hit recovery. Critical hits (5%) will double the explosion damage. Not sure if this bug was fixed in D2R.

Fortunately, Extra Strong doesn't affect the explosions.

Some other nasty stuff may have been involved, like
Conviction
and/or perhaps you were cursed (lethal with LE+FE combo). Anyway, truly sorry for your loss - I've also had my fair share of HC deaths (two since D2R release).

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
To Khegan's point, nothing was pronounced in 2.4 for Bug Fixes on this one. I don't recall any of this called out during Dev discussions so my guess would be maybe it wasn't addressed or at least not yet.

Kind of my point earlier about 'invisible' hits - likely what happened here. However random or as an outlier it may seem, all it takes is that one proc to say goodnight in HC.

OP
Khegan [quote wrote:
post_id=2400330 time=1650393908 user_id=662]
I've also had my fair share of HC deaths (two since D2R release).
Two?! This guy was named "Clodomir_VII".

Luckily I think I'll be able to trade most of the stuff back, but sure it sucks losing a lvl92. Although In practice nothing much changed from lvl 82 to lvl 92. Five points of maximum resistance and what, 100 hp?

I just feel like there's something missing here. I'd done literally roughly 1500 runs and I felt pretty much invulnerable. The only [/quote]times that got my health down was when I didn't realize I was chopping away at the physical immunes and not getting any life leech.

Teebling 5828Admin

Europe PC
Th3ory wrote: 2 years ago
Your Deeds of Valor will not be remembered.png
:lol: I love this graphic so much!

Darbon 120

Paladin Europe PC
Dont know, next time stack some more resists, like 210% so even under
Conviction
you cant be one shoted by some stupid from the grave tripple elemnt explosions
Your DR was good 20-30% for mele with life leech is good, but resists was just you hoping they wont throw lower res or
Conviction
at you.

Snoop's F for u

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Th3ory wrote: 2 years ago
Your Deeds of Valor will not be remembered.png
:lol: I love this graphic so much!
Knock on wood, but I have had rarely if any Hardcore deaths in a very very longtime so extremely fortunate.

You like that play on the normal "Your Deeds WILL be remembered" lmfao.
Just messing with you @miroslav

@teebling
On a serious note - thank GOD for HC players and shared stash. Even more so of a reason to keep the GG's in shared stash in HC when you find something - get it in there immediately so if the 187 RIP occurs it isn't all for nothing

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation