Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   8423 views

Description

Several times today,
Diablo Clone
spawned in US, Soft, Expansion. I was playing when it happened, twice . I wasn't really sure what the deal was the first time so I might have messed this up, but the second time I had just started a game and went and killed Eldrich right away. But no Diablo anywhere. Now the counter is back to "
Terror
gazes upon Sanctuary".

What am I missing here? I'm sure it's something simple and silly, so please be gentle with me. ;-)

Thanks!
Description by CerceTheSorc

Can be used to make Runewords:

Several times today,
Diablo Clone
spawned in US, Soft, Expansion. I was playing when it happened, twice . I wasn't really sure what the deal was the first time so I might have messed this up, but the second time I had just started a game and went and killed Eldrich right away. But no Diablo anywhere. Now the counter is back to "
Terror
gazes upon Sanctuary".

What am I missing here? I'm sure it's something simple and silly, so please be gentle with me. ;-)

Thanks!
Not sure I was just doing a countess run and he appeared instead of
The Countess
. Killed him fairly easy and got a charm for a friend ( I already had one )
CerceTheSorc wrote: 2 years ago
Several times today,
Diablo Clone
Terror
gazes upon Sanctuary".

Thanks!
when it says Diablo invades Sanctuary
Uber Diablo
will spawn at the nearest elite unique monster around you if outside of town. If youre in town then whatever first elite unique monster you encounter. i always choose frigid wp group.

Will always consider fair counter offers.
All of my items are also listed on traderie.com.
OP
Hmm, thanks.
I had _just_ finished restarting my game and right when I got in I saw the "Diablo has invaded Sanctuary" message. What happens if I restart my game when the message comes on?
I wonder if it was a timing thing?
Several times today,
Diablo Clone
Terror
gazes upon Sanctuary".

Thanks!
So, the easy obvious is make sure you are in Hell difficulty. Also, if you see the message, then create a game, it no workie. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea if this is true or related, but someone said they couldn't find DClone and they were in town when they got the spawn message. So, I always make sure I am not in town when it happens, and I am 3/3 for spawns when I am on. All 3 times I went to
Stony Field
and our favorite electric carver for the DClone. This time I was over in Arachnid Cave when DClone spawned.
Several times today,
Diablo Clone
Terror
gazes upon Sanctuary".

Thanks!
In your game does it say Diablo has been unleashed in bronze somewhere in the game messages? If you are farming he spawns at the nearest elite pack. I would suggest in the future not to kill eldritch and just port to there whenever the message pops or is about to pop so you dont have to hunt him down.
OP
Thanks all for the responses. The sequence of events was:
I saw the "
Terror
is about to be unleashed upon Sanctuary" message while I was playing around. I kept farming a bit more (Eldritch runs) had just finished my run and restarted my game when I saw the message "Diablo has invaded Sanctuary" pop up on the screen.
I immediately waypointed to
Frozen Tundra
and killed Eldrich. Nothing
I went down and killed Shenk for good measure, but still nothing.

So, what I'm reading above is: I must be in the same game as when the "Diablo has invaded Sanctuary" comes on (if I restart, it's gone). This is for-sure. Not 100% sure, dclone might not work if I'm in town when the message comes across.

Accurate?

Thanks again!
When you see "
Terror
is about to be unleashed upon Sanctuary." make sure you are in a Hell game. Making a game AFTER seeing "Diablo has invaded Sanctuary!" will do no good as this last message means he has already spawned.

You can sit in town until you see the invaded message. Then go find a superunique (Eldritch in A5 is the most common one to use).

Always open to offers, even if they seem 'too low' ;)
Typically available most days from 5-11pm EST.

Send a message or whisper (Bnet: SkyrateStorm#1548 ) to secure trades faster.
And please be sure to leave Trust after each transaction.
Thanks all for the responses. The sequence of events was:
I saw the "
Terror
is about to be unleashed upon Sanctuary" message while I was playing around. I kept farming a bit more (Eldritch runs) had just finished my run and restarted my game when I saw the message "Diablo has invaded Sanctuary" pop up on the screen.
I immediately waypointed to
Frozen Tundra
and killed Eldrich. Nothing
I went down and killed Shenk for good measure, but still nothing.

image.png

So, what I'm reading above is: I must be in the same game as when the "Diablo has invaded Sanctuary" comes on (if I restart, it's gone). This is for-sure. Not 100% sure, dclone might not work if I'm in town when the message comes across.

Accurate?

Thanks again!
Diablo has invaded Sanctuary i the
Key
there. once that pops up go to eldritch or another elite pack if you already killed him.
When I did it last night I was Definitly in town. it' said he invaded Sanctuary, i immediatly used the frigid wp and he was in the place of Eldrich I think all you need to do is be in the game when the message apears. I don't know if it glitches if it happens as you enter a game or not, however it does sound that way in your case.

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)
I wasn't really sure what the deal was the first time so I might have messed this up, but the second time I had just started a game and went and killed Eldrich right away. But no Diablo anywhere. Now the counter is back to "
Terror
gazes upon Sanctuary".
The way this sounds, when you entered and had to kill eldrich, diablo was not spawning at that time. You could have missed the window here.

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Generally speaking, it boils down to the following:
First and foremost, your game has to be opened before the walk is triggered. Entering a game right as it happens (no such thing really) or a split second afterwards may still give you the message in-game (due to it being delayed by your loading) but you will not get a clone to spawn in that game for that walk.

Then, upon spawning in your game, DClone spawns and replaces the closest super unique to you that hasn't been spawned yet. Being in town acts as a neutral zone so to speak and delays the spawn of DClone until you leave town.

This has a few implications worth pointing out:
1) If you were in town as the event triggered, you will have a very easy time spawning DClone as you can simply take the
Frigid Highlands
WP, trigger the spawn in doing so and walk up to him as he will then always replace Eldritch.

2) Because he does not replace already spawned mobs, you need to not have been anywhere near Eldritch in that game before for this to work. If you were, Eldritch will still be Eldritch and DClone will move on to the next closest not yet spawned/undiscovered super unique. Between "closest super unique" and "spawn radius larger than just what you see", this can make him quite annoying to find.

3) If you were not in town as the event triggered, the spawn location is dictated by where you were as it happened, meaning you can no longer freely control his spawn location simply by TPing back and for example taking the
Frigid Highlands
WP. Instead, if you were in the
Blood Moor
for example, you will typically find DClone having replaced
Corpsefire
within
The Den of Evil

Because of all that, some common best practices for DClone killing have become the norm:
Assuming you have enough time left as a walk gets closer, make a fresh game to avoid any super uniques already having been pre-spawned. In this fresh game, just sit in town and do not leave until after the event triggered. Once that happens, take the
Frigid Highlands
WP and walk up to find DClone having replaced Eldritch. This is widely accepted as the easiest and fastest way to find and kill him and my personal method of choice.

If you do not have enough time to make a fresh game or just do not want to risk missing it by a second, TP to town immediately to avoid accidentally proximity spawning. Once in town, go to an act that you have not yet been to in that game to ensure you are somewhere where none of the super uniques have already spawned. If you've only been to acts 1 and 3 for example, go to act 5, wait for the event and follow the Eldritch route. If you've been to act 4 and 5 though, go to Act 1 or 2 or the like and use this fresh act to control and place his spawn to wherever you want it to be. Since the locations of most super uniques are fairly static, you can just pick and choose a favorite spot for each act and remember that so you always have an easy spawn option.

If you want to be fancy about it and have enough time to prepare, clear all but the last seal of
Chaos Sanctuary
. Hitting the last seal after the event causes him to be spawned alongside the seal boss. This also allows you to kill him with really any build that can handle CS because you don't actually need to kill him. You only need to kill the last seal boss next to him and the auto-kill of everything inside CS will take care of the rest, including DClone. Mind you, there's been mention of this having been fixed by now but I for one haven't tried it in forever so can't confirm either way.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
If you want to be fancy about it and have enough time to prepare, clear all but the last seal of
Chaos Sanctuary
. Hitting the last seal after the event causes him to be spawned alongside the seal boss. This also allows you to kill him with really any build that can handle CS because you don't actually need to kill him. You only need to kill the last seal boss next to him and the auto-kill of everything inside CS will take care of the rest, including DClone. Mind you, there's been mention of this having been fixed by now but I for one haven't tried it in forever so can't confirm either way.
Can't cheese DClone in CS anymore. Pretty sure I saw Llama demonstrate that on PTR, but maybe I misremember.

To the other questions about no spawn if in town, I was in town for all 4 of the recent NA walks, and I have 4 annis now. If you've already cleared some stuff in a game where a walk is coming up, set as your go-to a super unique that is rarely encountered during farming--
Dark Elder
in the
Lost City
, for instance, or
Treehead Woodfist
in the
Dark Wood
Blood Raven
and
Bishibosh
are also handy for that.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
cristobal03 wrote: 2 years ago
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Chaos Sanctuary
Can't cheese DClone in CS anymore. Pretty sure I saw Llama demonstrate that on PTR, but maybe I misremember.

To the other questions about no spawn if in town, I was in town for all 4 of the recent NA walks, and I have 4 annis now. If you've already cleared some stuff in a game where a walk is coming up, set as your go-to a super unique that is rarely encountered during farming--
Dark Elder
in the
Lost City
, for instance, or
Treehead Woodfist
in the
Dark Wood
Blood Raven
and
Bishibosh
are also handy for that.
I'd take PTR with a grain of salt, that place was all sorts of bugged. :D But yeah, might have been removed.

Honestly, if you're entirely unsure as to where you've already been in the game, go to town before the event triggers, go to act 1 and after it triggers just walk out of town. That way, he'll be in
The Den of Evil
every time. Unless you were literally on A1Q1 when you started your game, noone ever goes there - even on accident. :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...