Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   2920 views

Description

I'm progressing a summoner necro currently to deal with Ubers and what I want to learn is which way I should choose. I have King Leoric's, Spirit and other necessary stuff but what's the best one can get from a
Wand
or shrunken head? Is it possible to get more skills for raise skelleton from a magic
Wand
for example? +3 for RS and +3 for summoning skills maybe? Or is the same possible for shrunken heads? I know from amulets one can get max +3 either for RS or SS and magic cricklets can have both as +3.

Anyway, I'm open to hear all about maximizing summoning skills but especially skelly level. Thanks in advance.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I'm progressing a summoner necro currently to deal with Ubers and what I want to learn is which way I should choose. I have King Leoric's, Spirit and other necessary stuff but what's the best one can get from a
Wand
or shrunken head? Is it possible to get more skills for raise skelleton from a magic
Wand
for example? +3 for RS and +3 for summoning skills maybe? Or is the same possible for shrunken heads? I know from amulets one can get max +3 either for RS or SS and magic cricklets can have both as +3.

Anyway, I'm open to hear all about maximizing summoning skills but especially skelly level. Thanks in advance.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
I don't personally play necro but my uber partner has one, and especially for running ubers the best item for this build, based on our experience, is a Beast
Axe
. The bonus granted to all summons by
Fanaticism
largely makes up for the lack of + skills, we really saw a difference in killing ubers since we crafted one for him

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
OP
Steccothal wrote: 2 years ago
I don't personally play necro but my uber partner has one, and especially for running ubers the best item for this build, based on our experience, is a Beast
Axe
. The bonus granted to all summons by
Fanaticism
largely makes up for the lack of + skills, we really saw a difference in killing ubers since we crafted one for him
I'm okay with Beast. My aim to maximize the summon levels, especially for skellies when I raise them. Then I can switch which item is best.

There is a video on YouTube where the player character necromancer summoner passes Uber. The author tells in detail, including who to raise in the company to the skeletons. But, the video is in Russian. Sterhusha Streaming channel, video from December 16, 2019.
The Summoner
necromancer is my favorite character, but I'm afraid to go to the ubers. Although any location passes without problems.
OP
Moondew wrote: 2 years ago
The Summoner
necromancer is my favorite character, but I'm afraid to go to the ubers. Although any location passes without problems.
Yeah, it's a little frightening for the first time, I totally get it. But I eventually have to try and my other is a hybrid Sorc and I don't have enough time to create a smitter. So when I'm ready, I'll give it a try. :)

Asha 344

Sorceress Europe PC
So for necro summoner, best base is
Double Axe
, I guess? For his Beast, I mean
Asha wrote: 2 years ago
So for necro summoner, best base is
Double Axe
, I guess? For his Beast, I mean
It is the one-handed weapon with lowest req that you can make Beast.
For necro summoner, you need only Aura from this runeword, the damage from base is not important.

Relax and have fun!

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
If you're looking solely for stuff to switch in to maximize your initial summons then yeah, you want a "Golemlord's" amulet,
Circlet
, shrunken head and
Wand

That's +3 to summon skills each.

On the
Wand
and shrunken head you then also want a +3 skill roll for your skeletons/mastery.
Good luck finding those though. They're not the most common of things. :)

You could get slightly higher skel. mastery with a summoning White
Wand
instead but you'd lose out on +3 to the summons themselves so that's not worth it.

Arm of King Leoric
is pretty much the best alternative until you find that ultimate 3/3/3/3 magic
Wand
as it only leaves you at 1 skill less to summons and 1 less for mages.

Keep in mind that the number of skeletons is limited by your current skill level, not the level you had when summoning. As such, while you keep the slightly better stats, you do lose the extra skeletons as soon as you switch back to your normal gear.

Edit:
Please see the correction further down. I once again forgot about and ignored the tier requirements that effectively prevent a 3/3/3/3 from ever being possible with the skills needed here.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
If you're looking solely for stuff to switch in to maximize your initial summons then yeah, you want a "Golemlord's" amulet,
Circlet
, shrunken head and
Wand

On the
Wand
and shrunken head you then also want a +3 skill roll for your skeletons/mastery.

Wand
instead but you'd lose out on +3 to the summons themselves so that's not worth it.

Arm of King Leoric
Wand

Keep in mind that the number of skeletons is limited by your current skill level, not the level you had when summoning. As such, while you keep the slightly better stats, you do lose the extra skeletons as soon as you switch back to your normal gear.
Yeah, I went through the internet and that ultimate
Wand
and shrunken head is a kind of Myth. :) I guess stick with King's arm and Spirit will do if I can get a Beast.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
basicnecromancy wrote: 2 years ago
Circlet
, shrunken head and
Wand

On the
Wand

Wand

Arm of King Leoric
Wand

Yeah, I went through the internet and that ultimate
Wand
and shrunken head is a kind of Myth. :) I guess stick with King's arm and Spirit will do if I can get a Beast.
Darkforce Spawn
and
Boneflame
would both give you 1 more lvl on the summons than Spirit in the interim. Just as an alternative.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Circlet
, shrunken head and
Wand

On the
Wand

Wand

Arm of King Leoric
Wand

Alright, gonna go ahead and correct myself here because I once again forgot about the thing I always forget about... :(

Since
Raise Skeleton
and
Skeleton Mastery
are both tier 1 skills, you can only find those on a
Wand
with an item lvl of up to and including 24. +3 summoning on the other hand is a lvl 60 prefix. On a lvl 24 item, the best you can get is +1 summoning.

Because of that, contrary to what I originally stated when I once again forgot about the tier limitations, the best you can get on a magic
Wand
is +4 total (+3 to specific skills, +1 to all summoning).
As a result,
Arm of King Leoric
is in fact the best you can get.

Similarly, for a shrunken head, the best you can get is also +4, leaving you with 1 more as compared to
Darkforce Spawn
or
Boneflame
. This can be achieved either via a magic head (+3 to specific skills, +1 to all summoning) or via using a 2-socket head with +3 to the relevant skills to make Splendor with which would typically be the far better option.
min max an uber summoner is tedious, especially when it comes to use
Arm of King Leoric
to raise the army, to me arm is a pure troll weapon for its
Bone Prison
lock, it will just kill you at some point if you keep it armed, then you will go to raise mobs with CB... may be just dont bother to run uber with a necro, I myself run a necro, but I'm also rolling a kicksin to uber in the future, will be much quicker and straightforward

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Well, the prison lock you can easily counter with Enigma. Once you have one that is.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...