Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
1 reply   2499 views

Description

I know the really rare stuff, like orange +% damage/attack/whatever Jewels have a very high value, but what about the lower stuff with one or two poor stat bonuses ? I think they're used in some gambling recipes, but I need seem to come across them while trading. However, the other day, I saw an ingame Room, where someone was offering runes for a bunch of them, but I don't know if this is the standard, or just an obscure one time thing.

Either way, I started setting them aside on an alt character, but they're eating a hole into my storage space, and I don't have a spare character slot to devote to holding a ton of them, especially if they don't have any consistent trade value. I even tried looking up Jewel on the database here, hoping for a list, but your standard generic Jewel doesn't even seem to show up as a page or a hyperlink, unless you have an exact name. I know about the Trade Value Guide here, but it only lists the prices for medium to higher end Jewels used for obscure builds, whereas I want to know about the random junk stuff.

I know, generally speaking, if I shop around long enough, I can trade 40
Perfect Gems
for an
Ist
, so that's pretty much the baseline I was thinking of comparing them to. I can't imagine Jewels having the same buying power as random
Perfect Gems
, so I probably won't get an
Ist
for 40 Jewels, but what is the rough value on them, and what are some options I could potentially have for trading them away in bulk?

Or should I just forget about them, and throw them away if their bonus isn't remotely noteworthy?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I know the really rare stuff, like orange +% damage/attack/whatever Jewels have a very high value, but what about the lower stuff with one or two poor stat bonuses ? I think they're used in some gambling recipes, but I need seem to come across them while trading. However, the other day, I saw an ingame Room, where someone was offering runes for a bunch of them, but I don't know if this is the standard, or just an obscure one time thing.

Either way, I started setting them aside on an alt character, but they're eating a hole into my storage space, and I don't have a spare character slot to devote to holding a ton of them, especially if they don't have any consistent trade value. I even tried looking up Jewel on the database here, hoping for a list, but your standard generic Jewel doesn't even seem to show up as a page or a hyperlink, unless you have an exact name. I know about the Trade Value Guide here, but it only lists the prices for medium to higher end Jewels used for obscure builds, whereas I want to know about the random junk stuff.

I know, generally speaking, if I shop around long enough, I can trade 40
Perfect Gems
for an
Ist
, so that's pretty much the baseline I was thinking of comparing them to. I can't imagine Jewels having the same buying power as random
Perfect Gems
, so I probably won't get an
Ist
for 40 Jewels, but what is the rough value on them, and what are some options I could potentially have for trading them away in bulk?

Or should I just forget about them, and throw them away if their bonus isn't remotely noteworthy?

I'm also willing to bargain or take other offers beyond what I've listed; such as Set items, Runes, etc.

I am usually available from 6 AM to 6 PM EST almost everyday, and check my Profile here every hour, assuming I'm playing Diablo 2.
They're not worth anything outside of bulk items for crafting. Personally I only craft Caster Amulets (
Ral
, Perf
Amethyst
, Jewel, Amulet). Besides gambling the Amulet, the jewel is the second easiest piece of that recipe to come by.

It's your call if you want to keep 40 in your inventory, but seems annoying to me. Only answer would be to list them for sale and see who bites.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...