Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   5688 views

Is there any way to block a specific player from joining my bnet lobbies?

No data yet

Description

Today I tried to make some
Baal
run lobbies and some... person decided to join the lobby and flag pvp against me. I'm a little over 4 bars in to level 95 as a
Frenzy
Barbarian so needless to say I'm not risking Death against a level 92 Sorceress stranger. I made a 2nd lobby and they joined and did the same thing.

I know I could use the level filter to prevent a level 92 player from joining, but that would severely limit other people from being able to play with me and would largely defeat the purpose of playing online. Is there any feature I can utilize to block this specific player from joining my battle net lobbies? Another player said this person has been doing this to other people's
Baal
-run lobbies as well.

I'm relatively inexperienced with Diablo 2 and have absolutely zero interest in PvP.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Today I tried to make some
Baal
run lobbies and some... person decided to join the lobby and flag pvp against me. I'm a little over 4 bars in to level 95 as a
Frenzy
Barbarian so needless to say I'm not risking Death against a level 92 Sorceress stranger. I made a 2nd lobby and they joined and did the same thing.

I know I could use the level filter to prevent a level 92 player from joining, but that would severely limit other people from being able to play with me and would largely defeat the purpose of playing online. Is there any feature I can utilize to block this specific player from joining my battle net lobbies? Another player said this person has been doing this to other people's
Baal
-run lobbies as well.

I'm relatively inexperienced with Diablo 2 and have absolutely zero interest in PvP.

moot11 117

Americas PC
I don't think there is anything you can do to block players from joining your games.
Maybe just tell them that you aren't interested and they should leave, some people just think that everyone is enjoying their 'game' unless they hear otherwise.
Also you wont loose XP from PvP, unless some random monster gets the killing blow
I don't get it.
You can create a lobby with password and don't letting your friends joining

Relax and have fun!
mockingbirdreal wrote: 2 years ago
I don't get it.
You can create a lobby with password and don't letting your friends joining
I think OP wants the game to be public so people can join. Except this one person.

It's unclear to me, but is this HC or SC?

I'm guessing SC since the loss implied is some exp, not a character.
There is no block or kick feature currently in the game beyond squelch & ignore for chat. Either you have the game open to everyone, neck it down with level bands, or password protect it.

This is one of the more contentious topics on the main Blizzard D2R forum. Well, one of many. People ask for a vote kick feature and get roasted saying that it will be abused and turn into a gear check gateway or kicking people right before a boss kill or a forge drop. They point out there are password and level filters, and that is good enough. They say the abuse isn't worth the gain.

Personally, the way I see it, there is abuse right now. There is the situations described above, as well as the issues with MFers boss sniping or just leeching off the other players games. I argue they are abusing the LACK of a kick feature. But that is just me.
Worrying about other players, especially in HC is something I actually enjoy... D2 has always had some toxic individuals and I just lump them in with especially difficult NPCs with better AI, that have a chance to spawn in your game.

Things like
Teleport
hacks like they used to exist are another story. But if someone comes to hunt me down legitly from town and I have a chance to put up a fight and win, I'm game. Otherwise I usually have time to chicken out before they get to me.

I think one solution would be to make a third server potentially, where PvP is not aloud. Or to make it possible to flag games as non-PvP.

But even though it sucks to be pk'ed and I've never pk'ed someone in HC, I'm not sure I would like the addition of such a flag. Like I said, it adds a dimension to the game that you just can't get from the standard PvM grind.

In SC, pk'ing is a lot less meaningful. You don't really lose anything except for a bit of time.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Vote kick has always created a plethora of abuse problems in games where it was a thing.

However, people on your ignore list not being able to join games that you created..would be brilliant. Limit ignore list length at the same time to prevent it becoming a "noob filter", done.
I would love to be able to actually have trade games again without the same 2 aholes joining over and over, trying to pull the same scams time and time again. Not that it isn't obvious and easily avoided..but they are an annoying waste of time.

Then again, for me it'd suffice if Blizz actually acted against bots and scammers. Not that they ever will..

In this scenario though, telling him you're not interested will typically either do nothing or just make it worse and motivate him even more. PvPers looking for others who want to PvP typically join PvP games. You won't see those in your public runs. People just looking to PK and Grief you on the other hand are the ones joining your runs and often the next one. If you engage those and actually tell them to please stop (i.e. "QQ"), all you do is give them the satisfaction they're after, causing them to keep following.
If you don't do anything however and just suck it up and sit in town for a while, pretending to be AFK, they have no reaction, noone to kill and tend to just get bored and leave.
That or you pull in a PvP built buddy to whoop them. ;)

Bisu 369

PC
There are a bunch of "rules" in D2 pvp that people follow as their attempt to balance the classes, and make the fight more or less fair, and if you will, "honorable".
Meanwhile for griefers, they don't care about any such rules. They don't care about Honor kill or not. All they want is to mess with you, all of you.
So anything goes against a griefer. See if your group has someone willing to collaborate and team up against the intruder. If the pk'er is a WW barb, and you are a Nec, toss
Iron Maiden
or
Decrepify
curse on them, and let your teammates pitch in. Anything goes.
Often time I have seen people just scatter, and the griefer get to kill a few ppl one by one.
D2 is a game that team collaboration could do wonders. So imo thinking about strategies to collaboratively defeat strong pvp geared bullies could be a lot of fun. =)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...