Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
21 replies   2174 views

Description

Description by Claw

Can be used to make Runewords:

OP
No. Plus its only my main hand wep vanishing. Nothing else.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Armlesswunder wrote: 2 years ago
Is it possible someone else could have access to your game? Its been done in the past where people steal items from peoples accounts and they have no idea that someone stole the items. I'd try changing your credentials and maybe enable 2FA (If thats a thing) to see if it stops happening.
While that's certainly an explanation for disappearing items, it wouldn't work to trigger this particular scenario as the item seems to have vanished while staying in the same game.

Because of that, a lot of possible explanations (including 'account theft') go straight out the window and you are really just left with (off the top of my head, possibly missing some others):

- Accidental dropping, leaving the item on the Ground
- Accidental vendoring, leaving the item with a vendor (or gone if the vendor doesn't have room left to list for buyback)
- Accidental switching to 2nd weapon set, making it seem as though the item was lost
- Some random bug flat out annihilating your item

Based on what the OP has said here, explanations 1 through 3 all do not apply, really just leaving you with a super annoying bug.
There's been cross-platform reports of a bug with items disappearing (primarily from stash) due to too many (mainly rare/crafted) items in there, overloading the save file size limit. But that, too should only apply on leaving the game and rejoining a new one, with the item then only being gone in the new game. So this very much sounds like a different bug entirely.

As for the requirements idea, that's not it (theoretically). Even if you needed your helmet to hit the necessary str/dex to equip the HotO, removing the helmet to upgrade it would not unequip the HotO. It would merely add a red background to it and make it not apply to anything/not be used while still keeping it in the weapon slot and not moving it. Re-equipping the helmet would then make it be used again.

So...yeah, seems like just another fairly annoying bug, sadly. From what you described (with the helmet requirements), I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly where the bug kicks in, meaning the above (red background/just not used) mechanic perhaps just doesn't work correctly on consoles and can bug out to make the affected item disappear. If that is the case (or at least until you know that's not it), I would strongly suggest never unequipping an item that gives you the needed str/dex for a different equipped item without unequipping that other item first, just to avoid running into this bug again, in case that is what triggers it.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...