diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
115 replies   26233 views

Description

Description by Vorpal4

Can be used to make Runewords:

OP
8250 runs in

BIN = Buy it now. First to hit BIN get the item, even if there are higher bids after !
Timezone : UTC+1
OP
8500 runs in

BIN = Buy it now. First to hit BIN get the item, even if there are higher bids after !
Any notable high rune drops?
OP
zilonka wrote: 2 years ago
Any notable high rune drops?
nope, a
Vex
is the highest so far

They write on the forums that pindle has a large risk of falling out of the "griffin's eye". Have you ever seen him fall? Although, a big chance is a relative concept - as I understand it, 1:15,000 runs approximately with an mf of about 300. Anyway, I'm waiting for your every report and see what you got this time.
OP
Moondew wrote: 2 years ago
They write on the forums that pindle has a large risk of falling out of the "griffin's eye". Have you ever seen him fall? Although, a big chance is a relative concept - as I understand it, 1:15,000 runs approximately with an mf of about 300. Anyway, I'm waiting for your every report and see what you got this time.
I am still looking for 3 items from
Pindleskin
. 1.
Griswold's Honor
(last set item I miss) 2.
Death's Web
(would love to run this on my necro!) 3.
Griffon's Eye
To make a lightning sorc, (I heard they were the fastest farmers somewhere + I have the other stuff you need for it, Infinity + Enigma + lightning facet's etc. Would be fun )

OP
8750 runs in

Vorpal4 wrote: 2 years ago
I am still looking for 3 items from
Pindleskin
. 1.
Griswold's Honor
(last set item I miss) 2.
Death's Web
(would love to run this on my necro!) 3.
Griffon's Eye
To make a lightning sorc, (I heard they were the fastest farmers somewhere + I have the other stuff you need for it, Infinity + Enigma + lightning facet's etc. Would be fun )
Death's Web
- I don't even Dream of finding it)) I'm looking for
Griffon's Eye
in all diablo locations - I'm in the process of making an Amazon. Of course it can be bought. But finding it yourself is a completely different feeling. So I'm just waiting for my luck to turn around))
OP
9000 runs in

If I ever get a pindelbot for d2r, I'll be sure to call my character Vorpal in your Honor.
I decided to try doing 250 Pindle runs myself, with 458% MF... but I didn't really get anything good out of it. I never seem to get anything good in this game.

I'm also willing to bargain or take other offers beyond what I've listed; such as Set items, Runes, etc.

I am usually available from 6 AM to 6 PM EST almost everyday, and check my Profile here every hour, assuming I'm playing Diablo 2.
Augoeides wrote: 2 years ago
I decided to try doing 250 Pindle runs myself, with 458% MF... but I didn't really get anything good out of it. I never seem to get anything good in this game.
Let the experts do it better))
In fact, I also very rarely get things that are rare. But, isn't that the interest of Diablo 2?
In fact, I also very rarely get things that are rare. But, isn't that the interest of Diablo 2?
I wouldn't really call spending 8 hours a night getting no new equipment and 0% experience "fun". Plus, I'm kind of tired of working my butt off for days, only to trade everything I found away for a single item from these "experts". I want to be able to farm my own equipment for once. I'll never understand why the droprates of this game are so terrible. I've had better luck in MMO's.

The item pools should have been localized to certain enemies, instead of "basically any creature drops basically everything in the game, lol :)". What's the point of having every item being ultra rare, when the game is basically 20 hours long? In the time it takes me to find any one item I want, I could probably 100% all 3 Dark Souls games. It's ludicrous, and I'm starting to wonder why I'm still playing at this point. No matter how many more thousands of hours I dump into Diablo 2, I know I'll never own something like Enigma. It's depressing.

I'm also willing to bargain or take other offers beyond what I've listed; such as Set items, Runes, etc.

I am usually available from 6 AM to 6 PM EST almost everyday, and check my Profile here every hour, assuming I'm playing Diablo 2.
I wouldn't really call spending 8 hours a night getting no new equipment and 0% experience "fun". Plus, I'm kind of tired of working my butt off for days, only to trade everything I found away for a single item from these "experts". I want to be able to farm my own equipment for once. I'll never understand why the droprates of this game are so terrible. I've had better luck in MMO's.

The item pools should have been localized to certain enemies, instead of "basically any creature drops basically everything in the game, lol :)". What's the point of having every item being ultra rare, when the game is basically 20 hours long? In the time it takes me to find any one item I want, I could probably 100% all 3 Dark Souls games. It's ludicrous, and I'm starting to wonder why I'm still playing at this point. No matter how many more thousands of hours I dump into Diablo 2, I know I'll never own something like Enigma. It's depressing.
I don't have the opportunity to play that many hours a day. I usually play 1-2 hours in the evening after work. A little more on weekends. I never go to the same location too many times. Today I play a necromancer, tomorrow a sorceress, then a paladin, and so on. Maybe that's why I like Diablo 2 as before? I agree that some items are too rare. I had to sell some things in order to have Enigma. On the other hand, it is a great joy when something rare falls, even if a month or two or three have passed. Diablo 3 does not have this, so the game quickly gets bored - there is no problem finding any item (my opinion). The only thing that surprises me is that the drop on Hell difficulty is often similar to what drops on normal or nightmare - like a
Ward
+1 to strength, which is hardly needed on normal difficulty either. Kill Diablo in hell and get such a prize? )) Doubtful joy.
I don't have the opportunity to play that many hours a day. I usually play 1-2 hours in the evening after work. A little more on weekends. I never go to the same location too many times. Today I play a necromancer, tomorrow a sorceress, then a paladin, and so on. Maybe that's why I like Diablo 2 as before? I agree that some items are too rare. I had to sell some things in order to have Enigma. On the other hand, it is a great joy when something rare falls, even if a month or two or three have passed. Diablo 3 does not have this, so the game quickly gets bored - there is no problem finding any item (my opinion). The only thing that surprises me is that the drop on Hell difficulty is often similar to what drops on normal or nightmare - like a
Ward
+1 to strength, which is hardly needed on normal difficulty either. Kill Diablo in hell and get such a prize? )) Doubtful joy.
I managed to get a
Gull
yesterday (through Gambling, which set me back 2.8m gold, instead of the suggested 1m gold, but that's another story), so I decided to brush off my frustrations and try running another 250 Pindles with an extra +71% MF I managed to squeeze in, but it's not going well. Mostly because of the load times.

No matter what I do to the game, the load times between runs are greater than the actual run itself. I set a timer to see how long this whole thing would take, but I'm an hour in and have only completed 50 runs, even though I have a gaming PC. They really need to optimize this game better.

Edit: I spoke a bit too soon. After turning down everything to Low, the load times have gotten somewhat better. Seems Character Detail and Environment Detail are the biggest offenders. I ran the game perfectly fine at 60 FPS or so before, but I guess the game has trouble loading everything at those details. Really wished they would fix this somehow, but the game doesn't look too bad on Low. Nothing like Legacy, at least :P

In case someone else has this problem, I've read "unlocking the Frame
Cap
" helps too, although that did nothing for me. I don't have an SSD, which is another way to fix things.

Ward
I managed to get a
Gull
yesterday (through Gambling, which set me back 2.8m gold, instead of the suggested 1m gold, but that's another story), so I decided to brush off my frustrations and try running another 250 Pindles with an extra +71% MF I managed to squeeze in, but it's not going well. Mostly because of the load times.

No matter what I do to the game, the load times between runs are greater than the actual run itself. I set a timer to see how long this whole thing would take, but I'm an hour in and have only completed 50 runs, even though I have a gaming PC. They really need to optimize this game better.

Edit: I spoke a bit too soon. After turning down everything to Low, the load times have gotten somewhat better. Seems Character Detail and Environment Detail are the biggest offenders. I ran the game perfectly fine at 60 FPS or so before, but I guess the game has trouble loading everything at those details. Really wished they would fix this somehow, but the game doesn't look too bad on Low. Nothing like Legacy, at least :P

In case someone else has this problem, I've read "unlocking the Frame
Cap
" helps too, although that did nothing for me. I don't have an SSD, which is another way to fix things.
Maybe you should create a new theme for your runs? We would monitor your progress and your findings - this is some additional incentive for you. I also have a completely normal gaming computer. The startup time is quite long. About two months ago, I reinstalled diablo on an ssd and it turns out to be somewhat faster to enter the game or transition between acts. On a regular hard drive, it was terribly slow. My partner in the game has a gaming computer, too, but he has a very fast start. Usually he tells me "your character is already in the game" - at this time I only see the loading screen. The only difference we have is his graphics settings in the game are around the minimum. I haven't tried it like that, I want to see a beautiful game.
Maybe you should create a new theme for your runs? We would monitor your progress and your findings - this is some additional incentive for you.
I actually started doing the Pindle runs, because of this thread. Actually, before this thread, I didn't even know exactly where Pindle was; I thought he was in a pain in the ass location. Way back in the day, I heard he dropped some kind of good Necromancer
Helm
, so I tried farming him with that same class. However, the details I read on him were vague, and I misinterpreted him as being inside the temple somewhere. I also read that the portal doesn't appear, unless you glitch it by not completing
Anya
's quest or grabbing the
Halls of Pain
Waypoint. Although, that doesn't seem to be true, because I've done it and have the Waypoint, yet the portal remains (thankfully).

I was farming The Pit with my Poisonmancer before this, although that was getting rough, as without Enigma, each of those runs took me roughly 8 minutes, although the experience wasn't too bad for him. Here, I have to use my Sorceress, and it's significantly faster, although the experience is lower. It takes like 100 runs to get like 10% experience, and then when you die, you lose like 2 hours of grind. I lost like -30% yesterday alone, because Pindle's
Frost Nova
on Death can sometimes be an auto-kill, but preventing that from happening would require a huge drop in my MF. It's such a rare occurrence, that I've just accepted it's going to happen, for the possibility of better stuff.
I also have a completely normal gaming computer. The startup time is quite long. About two months ago, I reinstalled diablo on an ssd and it turns out to be somewhat faster to enter the game or transition between acts. On a regular hard drive, it was terribly slow. My partner in the game has a gaming computer, too, but he has a very fast start. Usually he tells me "your character is already in the game" - at this time I only see the loading screen. The only difference we have is his graphics settings in the game are around the minimum. I haven't tried it like that, I want to see a beautiful game.
Yeah, the game loads your character before you actually get control over it. At a certain point in the loading time, you actually have control over your character and can move it around while the game is still loading. I've read that people do this during Trav runs, to save like 5 seconds each time, but it's a lot more effort and adds to the stress of doing this runs dozens of times, so I don't bother.

I would switch to an SSD, but I don't know exactly how to do that, and would probably require me to almost 2 Tetrabytes of info, which probably takes hours of time. I'm a bit overdue for a new computer anyway, so I'll just make sure my next one has an SSD. I'm certainly not going to switch to SSD, just to enjoy D2R slightly more.

Set your settings to Low. You honestly won't notice too much of a difference, and even if you did, you can just change them back. The only real noticeable dip in quality, is when your at the character select screen, because your characters will have dulled armors that lack any shine or interesting detail, but it's not like you can see any of that during gameplay, when everything is zoomed out.

OP

Well the grind don't appeal to everybody, especially younger players. I started on a Commodore 64, then an Amiga 500 before I switched to pc in 1991 or 92. The very first game I played was the original Diablo (1). And to date it is still the best game I have ever played, bar none ! Also, I am literally the very first player with the gamertag Vorpal in the world, although it was Lord_Vorpal in Diablo 1. Now, that game was pure, it was something completely new from the games we had before, and when I saw the intro alone for the first time in 93, a crow picking an eyeball from a rotting
Skull
, I was sold!! I remember creating my warrior, yes a warrior, no barbs at that time, and entering the game for the first time. I was blown away. You could use gear that you looted from mobs !!! Imagine the first Butcher kill.... wooow, I found magic gear that I had to identify. I had to repair stuff, I needed pots and scrolls.... wooow !!! Then the grind started and 2-3 months later I literally had the best geared + highest lvl warrior in the world ! Literally ! In the first b-net lobby we had these chat rooms that were accessible after what lvl you had. Low lvl from 1-10, then 10-20 and so on. I was alone in the 90-99 chatroom for quite some time, before a ranger named Lord_Overkill joined. That was the best times I have EVER spent in a game. D2 sucked for me, It was watered down imo, the feeling of pure Evil and danger was gone... I was so dissapointed. BUT, now today in 2022 this is the closest you come to that old school game! Still not near as good imo, but waaay better than other grinding games of today...by far! This does not appeal to everybody, I admit, but hey maybe other titles are more your thing m8. No sweat, lot's to chose from. But these games are all about the sensation you get when that extremely rare drop occur. For me personally, I have 0 problems if they lowered it even more. The worst thing is actually imo, that you can go buy items for real money. It ruins a lot today in most games to be honest. What finally ruined Diablo 1 was, duplicating items and hacked items like Endless staff of apocalypse etc. That was the end of it. But MAN, untill that time you were rewarded for the hours you put in !! Best experience EVER !

OP
9250 runs in

Vorpal4 wrote: 2 years ago
Well the grind don't appeal to everybody, especially younger players. I started on a Commodore 64, then an Amiga 500 before I switched to pc in 1991 or 92. The very first game I played was the original Diablo (1). And to date it is still the best game I have ever played, bar none ! Also, I am literally the very first player with the gamertag Vorpal in the world, although it was Lord_Vorpal in Diablo 1. Now, that game was pure, it was something completely new from the games we had before, and when I saw the intro alone for the first time in 93, a crow picking an eyeball from a rotting
Skull
, I was sold!! I remember creating my warrior, yes a warrior, no barbs at that time, and entering the game for the first time. I was blown away. You could use gear that you looted from mobs !!! Imagine the first Butcher kill.... wooow, I found magic gear that I had to identify. I had to repair stuff, I needed pots and scrolls.... wooow !!! Then the grind started and 2-3 months later I literally had the best geared + highest lvl warrior in the world ! Literally ! In the first b-net lobby we had these chat rooms that were accessible after what lvl you had. Low lvl from 1-10, then 10-20 and so on. I was alone in the 90-99 chatroom for quite some time, before a ranger named Lord_Overkill joined. That was the best times I have EVER spent in a game. D2 sucked for me, It was watered down imo, the feeling of pure Evil and danger was gone... I was so dissapointed. BUT, now today in 2022 this is the closest you come to that old school game! Still not near as good imo, but waaay better than other grinding games of today...by far! This does not appeal to everybody, I admit, but hey maybe other titles are more your thing m8. No sweat, lot's to chose from. But these games are all about the sensation you get when that extremely rare drop occur. For me personally, I have 0 problems if they lowered it even more. The worst thing is actually imo, that you can go buy items for real money. It ruins a lot today in most games to be honest. What finally ruined Diablo 1 was, duplicating items and hacked items like Endless staff of apocalypse etc. That was the end of it. But MAN, untill that time you were rewarded for the hours you put in !! Best experience EVER !
I'm not young. I played the original diablo back in the day, and D2 released when I was in high school. I was around for the early days of online gaming, like Asheron's Call and Knights Online. I've played more than my fair share of Korean MMORPG's, where in the endgame, you would get less than +1% experience of a level within an hour of hardcore gaming, only to lose -10% experience on Death (along with permanently losing some random item). Just because I was willing to do that back then, doesn't mean I "wanted" to. It's not fun, but there was a clear goal there.

One of the reasons I started doing The Pit and Pindles, was because I wanted a
Death's Web
, so that my Poisonmancer actually has a chance of finishing Hell Difficulty without being carried by another player. Do you know what the droprate on
Death's Web
is? According to DropCalc, with 500% MF, its 0.0000001996%. And I'm pretty sure most of the other uniques have droprates along those lines. I literally have a better chance of winning the lottery in real life, and then paying 10 people to farm for those items 24 hours a day, than I do of finding it myself. I understand the excitement of finally finding an ultra rare item, but those odds of finding an item are absolutely stupid, for any game.

I'm glad your enjoying your runs, and maybe it's because I'm older now, but even though I have a ton of free time right now, I just don't have the enthusiasm and patience to waste hundreds of hours to get one item I need, that probably isn't even in my final build. I could play this game nonstop for another few months, and probably still never see it or anything decent, so I'm having a hard time understanding why the rates are so bad. I've heard stories where people played D2 consistently hardcore for the past 20 years and still haven't seen an SOJ or several other items. For a game that's basically an online Single Player experience with optional Co-OP, that's insane.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...