Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   5569 views

Description

I use qwert keys to map my skills in a grid layout. After the maintenance this morning, all that settings were reset.
Time to restore them on all my toons. Not the fun I was expecting when I logged in tonight, haha

Can be used to make Runewords:

Bisu 369

PC
I use qwert keys to map my skills in a grid layout. After the maintenance this morning, all that settings were reset.
Time to restore them on all my toons. Not the fun I was expecting when I logged in tonight, haha
Answeredby weegee2 years agoGo to post
its because the game somehow reset the default key binding to legacy in game option menu, so before you entering the game, go option-> gameplay, and set key binding from legacy to custom, it solves the problem
Bisu wrote: 2 years ago
Same here, went to set off my barb shouts, and up comes the character stats screen...*sigh*

Also, all the names are in all caps for all characters, still some random disconnects, shared stash resetting still to previous states, so I just logged off for the night. I'll just let the maintenance folk sort that out.
OP

Bisu 369

PC
Tey_Rossa wrote: 2 years ago

... shared stash resetting still to previous states ...
What do you mean by that? Did you lose anything in the shared stash?

... shared stash resetting still to previous states ...
What do you mean by that? Did you lose anything in the shared stash?
No losses, but items I just sorted got reset, some stuff I dropped in one game actually re-appeared in my stash after a disconnect. I was in the process of dropping a gem when as disconnect hit. Started a new game and that same gem dropped when I joined the game. This is all a good way to handle the disconnects, but it sure is annoying.
OP

Bisu 369

PC
No losses, but items I just sorted got reset, some stuff I dropped in one game actually re-appeared in my stash after a disconnect. I was in the process of dropping a gem when as disconnect hit. Started a new game and that same gem dropped when I joined the game. This is all a good way to handle the disconnects, but it sure is annoying.
Glad you didn't lose anything.

This makes me not want to try too hard tonight ... don't want to get a good drop just to discover it's gone tmrw, lol.

Also, I probably won't be trading for any un-identified items, such as ULCs, for a while.
You scared me there for a moment, @Bisu. I thought I needed to redo my Custom layout. In reality, it wasn't deleted. You just need to re-select it for each character. A minor inconvenience.

Not a fan of the ALL-CAPS CHARACTER NAMES though.
OP

Bisu 369

PC
iamergo wrote: 2 years ago
You scared me there for a moment, @Bisu. I thought I needed to redo my Custom layout. In reality, it wasn't deleted. You just need to re-select it for each character. A minor inconvenience.

Not a fan of the ALL-CAPS CHARACTER NAMES though.
Oh there's a faster way to restore the settings? I didn't know that. Could you please share how to re-select the previous
Key
bindings and restore them? I'd really appreciate that.

I am on PC, btw.
Oh there's a faster way to restore the settings? I didn't know that. Could you please share how to re-select the previous
Key
bindings and restore them? I'd really appreciate that.
You can re-select your old layout if you previously saved it by clicking the Save Custom button on the screenshot.
To do that, click Default, the bottom middle button, and select Custom.
If you never saved the layout, I'm afraid you'll need to manually recreate it, then save it as custom, and then re-select it on all of your other characters that use this layout.
OP

Bisu 369

PC
iamergo wrote: 2 years ago
You can re-select your old layout if you previously saved it by clicking the Save Custom button on the screenshot.
To do that, click Default, the bottom middle button, and select Custom.
If you never saved the layout, I'm afraid you'll need to manually recreate it, then save it as custom, and then re-select it on all of your other characters that use this layout.
Thank you for the info! =)

I may not be able to restore things for all my characters, as I don't remember clicking the save button for most of them, but at least that's one thing I will be sure to do from now on.
@Bisu Glad I could be of assistance!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... &context=3
Blizzard wrote:
The maintenance was a success. The rollback was a rollback of the 1 hour the servers were up after maintenance to address an issue with accounts that only made hardcore characters and not any standard characters (it's only in the thousands) but we wanted to ensure all players were properly migrated. Thus we rolled back progress from right when maintenance ended.

EU/KR had some game creation issues but that was stamped out fairly immediately

Users will see their names in CAPS. Prepare to scream your name to everyone for a few weeks. This is fixed in 2.4.

All servers have the new database updates from maintenance.

April 14th is when 2.4 launches and we are still set on that.
Luckily it seems these maintenance issues won't be delaying 2.4 or Ladder.
its because the game somehow reset the default
Key
binding to legacy in game option menu, so before you entering the game, go option-> gameplay, and set
Key
binding from legacy to custom, it solves the problem
This post was marked as the best answer.
I've figured out another solution for PC (if above don't work for you). Cause is due to char names being changed to uppercase, and D2R looking for same letter casing when loading the keymapping file.

Was able to fix the issue by going into my saved games folder:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Saved Games\Diablo II Resurrected\

And then changing the “charname.keyo” file to “CHARNAME.keyo”. Also did the same for “charname.ctlo” file. Keybinds are now working correctly for me!

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Zero187 wrote: 2 years ago
I've figured out another solution for PC (if above don't work for you). Cause is due to char names being changed to uppercase, and D2R looking for same letter casing when loading the keymapping file.

Was able to fix the issue by going into my saved games folder:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Saved Games\Diablo II Resurrected\

And then changing the “charname.keyo” file to “CHARNAME.keyo”. Also did the same for “charname.ctlo” file. Keybinds are now working correctly for me!
An interesting solution! My friend is very upset about resetting the buttons. I'm afraid he's depressed because of this - he's too emotional. Tonight I'm going to read to him what you wrote. I hope this helps and he will be in a good mood again.
For those that lost keybinding, to prevent it from happening again, save a custom binding and in the gameplay tab select custom as default. It has the advantage of automatically setting those bindings for any new characters and, in my case anyway, didn't mess anything up after the maintenance. It's a bit of a convoluted system at first but it works well if done correctly.

Cheers and happy grinding to all, hope the 20 min rollback didn't hurt you too much. (lost a fetid sprinkler myself wich would of been nice for my wip zealot but won't cry over it too much :P )

ps. sorry if someone had already mentioned it, I kind of skimmed over the replies
pinkeh-_- wrote: 2 years ago
For those that lost keybinding, to prevent it from happening again, save a custom binding and in the gameplay tab select custom as default. It has the advantage of automatically setting those bindings for any new characters and, in my case anyway, didn't mess anything up after the maintenance. It's a bit of a convoluted system at first but it works well if done correctly.

Cheers and happy grinding to all, hope the 20 min rollback didn't hurt you too much. (lost a fetid sprinkler myself wich would of been nice for my wip zealot but won't cry over it too much :P )

ps. sorry if someone had already mentioned it, I kind of skimmed over the replies
I'm playing with a joystick. I couldn't find "save". Yesterday I distributed the buttons again - my hands remember)) it helped a little.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...