Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
40 replies   8332 views

Will you delete your char to start ladder if blizzard doesn’t up char creation limit?

No data yet

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

I only play 1 char every season, and now I have 1 other chars of every class to keep the gear for their possible usage one day.
At the same time I cannot force myself to ever level a char who's not going to have geally good stuff.

This season I only had time and luck to more or less gear 1 sorc:
Merc with Infinity and Forti,
Decent torch, good anni, 6 skillers, hoto38 and the rest and i still need griffons.
If someone has 20x chars geared at least this good - wtf? How many of them are there?
If someone just creates chars who has like a couple of ists of gear worth on them - this is ok but i don't get it.

I'll just remove a couple of chars i'll never level anyway
I thought they'd give us a separate character list for ladder. I need my mules. Gonna become problematic.
I have a bunch of mules I need to clear out before the ladder starts, but I've never been good at cleaning my room after playing with my toys... soooo...

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
After years of mule accounts, I actually imposed a rule on myself for D2:R... no mules. None.

I do have one of every class actually leveled/geared though. So their stashes respectively are used as mule space. Anything beyond that either gets sold for cheap for quicker turn-around or is just dropped in giveaway games.

Actually makes the whole experience a lot more enjoyable than the mule hopping of the past.
I've been stuck on the 20 char limit for a long time. I've got 4 characters (3 different kinds of item finders and a uber-smiter), and 16 mules. If they don't increase the character limit to allow 20 ladder chars, I don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe protest in the forums or something. It would take a really long time to purge my mules, and doing so would require throwing away A LOT of items worth more than
Pul
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
After years of mule accounts, I actually imposed a rule on myself for D2:R... no mules. None.

I do have one of every class actually leveled/geared though. So their stashes respectively are used as mule space. Anything beyond that either gets sold for cheap for quicker turn-around or is just dropped in giveaway games.

Actually makes the whole experience a lot more enjoyable than the mule hopping of the past.
I'm switching from SC to HC for ladder and will adopt this strategy.
well i hope they really integrate a 2nd tab on the char selection screen for Ladder play on the get go..for Ladder only chars.

But if that is the case, wouldn't that just lead to the purge to the "non-ladder" pool after the 1st ladder season is up?

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
Skaijuice wrote: 2 years ago
well i hope they really integrate a 2nd tab on the char selection screen for Ladder play on the get go..for Ladder only chars.

But if that is the case, wouldn't that just lead to the purge to the "non-ladder" pool after the 1st ladder season is up?
Yeah, I'm fairly confident there wont be separate tabs. 20 is what we get. Total.
I'll stay on non-ladder. Don't have time to keep up with the ladder pace and I am enjoying slow grinding and gear perfecting. I hope non-ladder will remain populated though :)
I don't even know the max is 20 slots 😮

"Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and listen..."
I keept two char slots for ladder.
Katonda wrote: 2 years ago

I'm switching from SC to HC for ladder and will adopt this strategy.
I'm switching to primarily HC too. It's a much easier choice now that the game is more stable than it was a few months ago.
a little digress, ladder really serves little purpose while somewhere someone can be uber rich day 1 with all those funky currency they hoard over the years, its really not a clean slate to begin with as they claim
BaldurGK wrote: 2 years ago
I'll stay on non-ladder. Don't have time to keep up with the ladder pace and I am enjoying slow grinding and gear perfecting. I hope non-ladder will remain populated though :)
I'll probably stay in the regular game too. I'm afraid due to work I won't have enough time to assemble a ladder character. My friend in the game is also not planning a trip to the stairs.
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
yep ive got no choice. already at 18 chars right now and only 1 is a mule. I love all the other changes, but this tiny character limit really pisses me off
Opposite problem, 2 characters, 18 mules, I have a problem...maybe there's a number I can call...

A healthy choice.
I've always played that way. Without a shared stash muling was PITA, so I avoided it as much as possible. I still remember that fear when I first muled HRs for Enigma, praying to every existing god and demon that the game will still be there.
And multiple accounts always felt for me like cheating, or at least game mechanics abuse. I'm glad that in D2R 1 licence = 1 account.
weegee wrote: 2 years ago
a little digress, ladder really serves little purpose while somewhere someone can be uber rich day 1 with all those funky currency they hoard over the years, its really not a clean slate to begin with as they claim
Actually early ladder is even more unfair than late ladder or NLD - the exact opposite of what the ladders are supposed to be. Credit card warriors start rich and we, the "mortals" poor. Later, the former are super rich, but we also have a chance to accumulate some Wealth, so it equalizes slightly.
I have room for one chracter left. Could probably free up two more spots, but will only need one at first. Dunno if I'll go beyond farming the Stony Tomb with a fire sorc on ladder. Non-ladder is my permanent home.
I was a little shocked to learn that some loyal players actually bought a second copy of the game just for more characters, I'd say Blizzard as a studio really is too spoiled by these players
I have 2 gear mules with also 1 gem mule and 1 rune mule. rest are characters I played with. but primarily will be doing a sorc a smiter and a horker barb. The other characters I leveled were just to play with them and get a few socket quests

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)
worstd2playerever wrote: 2 years ago

I'm switching to primarily HC too. It's a much easier choice now that the game is more stable than it was a few months ago.
I totally jinxed myself, killed my best HC character to a lag situation so I'm rethinking this.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...