Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   8707 views

Description

As a
Frenzy
barbarian, what are the best bases for Enigma and Fortitude? I got very lucky this week and now have the runes for both. I was thinking I might use an
Archon Plate
for the Fortitude base, but I'm hoping someone with more experience might be able to advise on if it'd be better to use a base with higher defense to take advantage of the % enhanced defense. I want to be able to use the Fortitude for myself and for my merc. I haven't respecced since acquiring some new items and a torch so I'm sitting at 174 strength and 170 dexterity.

Should I use the
Archon Plate
4OS for Fortitude or should I use a heavier armor base? It will primarily be used by my
Frenzy
barbarian and mercenary.

I also have 3OS
Mage Plate
and 3OS
Great Hauberk
but am not sure whether to use one of those for Enigma or to hold out for a 3OS
Archon Plate
or some other base.

This is my first time getting the materials to make high-end runewords like this so I'd appreciate any advice you experts around here might have.

Can be used to make Runewords:

As a
Frenzy
barbarian, what are the best bases for Enigma and Fortitude? I got very lucky this week and now have the runes for both. I was thinking I might use an
Archon Plate
for the Fortitude base, but I'm hoping someone with more experience might be able to advise on if it'd be better to use a base with higher defense to take advantage of the % enhanced defense. I want to be able to use the Fortitude for myself and for my merc. I haven't respecced since acquiring some new items and a torch so I'm sitting at 174 strength and 170 dexterity.

Should I use the
Archon Plate
4OS for Fortitude or should I use a heavier armor base? It will primarily be used by my
Frenzy
barbarian and mercenary.

I also have 3OS
Mage Plate
and 3OS
Great Hauberk
but am not sure whether to use one of those for Enigma or to hold out for a 3OS
Archon Plate
or some other base.

This is my first time getting the materials to make high-end runewords like this so I'd appreciate any advice you experts around here might have.
I personally went with a non superior
Archon Plate
for my Enigma. Highest defense for light armor types to avoid speed penalty and looks the best on a barb imo.

Mage Plate
for lower str requirement (more vit) and same looks is a fair choice too.
Enigma bases come down to strength requirement and looks. Since a barb is typically going to have enough strength to equip most armors, it really just comes down to the look you wanna go with. Also the higher the defense the better…
Went with a superior
Mage Plate
for my Enigma and have 0 regrets. Will continue to do them on mage plates going forward.

Imho the trade off of higher def from AP or DS doesn't compensate for the additional Life/Vita points you get from a MP - with a good Torch and Anni you can equip it in almost any char spending near to zero points on strength, then use the strength you get from it to equip everything else.

The discussion between AP vs MP is a long one, but I don't think the added def from AP is worth, in my opinion.
Definitely
Breast Plate
for Enigma and
Dusk Shroud
for forti
^ This gentleman knows his shit. BP Enigma for life.
Only the best looking armor without sacrificing too much of a strength.
Is there such a basis for Enigma? Ethereal and the property "indestructible".

Schnorki 3199Moderator

PC
There is not. I'd assume that screenshot was taken in some modded version and/or the item was custom built in SP.

A normal base item cannot have "indestructible" as a property. Superior can increase durability but not to the point of becoming indestructible. A magic one can but since you cannot build runewords in magic items, that doesn't matter. And since Enigma itself does not make an item indestructible, that armor cannot normally exist without outside influence (i.e. item editing, game modding or some sort of bug abuse).
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
There is not. I'd assume that screenshot was taken in some modded version and/or the item was custom built in SP.

A normal base item cannot have "indestructible" as a property. Superior can increase durability but not to the point of becoming indestructible. A magic one can but since you cannot build runewords in magic items, that doesn't matter. And since Enigma itself does not make an item indestructible, that armor cannot normally exist without outside influence (i.e. item editing, game modding or some sort of bug abuse).
Thank you, this is an element from a YouTube video.
Enigma For Looks also consider
Great Hauberk
and
Wire Fleece
though slightly more strength required. GH looks great on an Amazon.

Fortitude
Same list as above -- sans
Mage Plate
-- with some other options if you're going to be doing max strength builds. If you're wanting to optionally use the Fortitude on a Sorc since it comes with high def, res and 25% FCR, you could go with
Dusk Shroud
to limit strength investment, supposing you also want to roll an Obsession in Ladder.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation