Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
29 replies   4209 views

Never have hit 99 on a character in 20 years of playing Diablo II.

No data yet

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Got a 99 bowazon back in the day. Farming cows with Multi.
Same.

I had 60-70 characters who were all between 70 and 95, but never hit 99. Never really tried for it either, I was more about leveling them all roughly the same.

I'm not even sure I'll go for it this time around; I have 2 in the 90s and everyone else 85-89 so far.
I've had like 3-4 level 99 characters throughout the years, mostly during the 1.07 - 1.10 days. I don't remember it being too slow or anything, just mindlessly running p8 cows with my
Nova
Sorceress after school, competing against all these Javazons /
Multiple Shot
WF Amazons :)
My highest level in D2 in old days was 93. Now I have a sorc of 95 which is near 96 lvl (3 epx bars left). One of my Diablo challenges this tie is to reach 99 lvl. But I enjoy the idea it's not easy and fast because it can give me months of game pleasure :)
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 2 years ago
I've had like 3-4 level 99 characters throughout the years, mostly during the 1.07 - 1.10 days. I don't remember it being too slow or anything, just mindlessly running p8 cows with my
Nova
Sorceress after school, competing against all these Javazons /
Multiple Shot
WF Amazons :)
Ya.
Nova
Sorc, lvl 99 on something like 1.08.
Nova
, Thunderstorm and Mana Shield to the fullest, 2x SOJ,
Shako
Lidless Wall
afair was part of the setup. No Mercs, no runewords and cows were for leveling. Soon after i hit the 99, i gave my whole bnet account to a kid who was pleasently surprised. I got rid of my addiction, he got a smile on his face... Hey! If youre reading this: Krautwurst was the tag - contact me :D

Yes Sir. I will stay a while and listen. Beer?
rantha wrote: 2 years ago
Ya.
Nova
Sorc, lvl 99 on something like 1.08.
Nova
, Thunderstorm and Mana Shield to the fullest, 2x SOJ,
Shako
Lidless Wall
afair was part of the setup. No Mercs, no runewords and cows were for leveling. Soon after i hit the 99, i gave my whole bnet account to a kid who was pleasently surprised. I got rid of my addiction, he got a smile on his face... Hey! If youre reading this: Krautwurst was the tag - contact me :D
Hahahah, yeah, I never had a merc on any of my characters, lol :D

I was rocking 2x Occy rings + bugged
Tal
's armor on my Sorceress and she was pretty much immortal, although teleporting quite a bit, in case she got hit :D

And my Barbarian was slicing the cows with 2x
Ith
swords, actually managing to kill them relatively quickly himself, instead of relying on the sorceresses and amazons.
Ith
swords...
I remember using rare colossus swords... which were rerolled or socketed in the cube with chipped gems and then puttin those ED/IAS jewels in?

Yes Sir. I will stay a while and listen. Beer?

Asha 351

Sorceress Europe PC
Highest I got was sorc 97lvl, back in 1.13 - mostly because of multiple 8pp wsk/
Baal
runs. Then I just felt too lazy to continue.
Right now, I have 3 online chars - sorc 94, sorc 93 and dru 93. Again - too lazy to play a new character, and don't feel eager to elevate these 3 further - bc I can't emulate 8ppl for exp gain. Yes, I could rob another player's games, but that's too miserable approach for me - so only split farm option remains. Will play a bit more for awhile, but feel like I deserve some vacation after 5 months of everyday "work" 🙂. Could use a break, I think.
rantha wrote: 2 years ago
Ith
swords...
I remember using rare colossus swords... which were rerolled or socketed in the cube with chipped gems and then puttin those ED/IAS jewels in?
I was using two of these (it is basically a Silence runeword, made in a
Zod
-bugged
Eth
sword with removed runes):
They were sold with 6 open sockets, so mine had 6x 40/15 jewels.
With certain builds it seems to be significantly easier to level up after 90+ because they are better at clearing the areas that give the most XP. I spent most of my playtime on 3 characters (zealot pally, fire sorc, lightning sorc) and out of the 3 the lightning sorc has the highest level (95 compared to lvl91 of the two other) despite logging the least amount of playtime.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...