Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   1317 views

Description

Im building a Zealot right now and i got a few questions :)

i wanna use Death, because i hate that the dmg isn´t displayed correctly when using Grief and i can run war travs without using value (not running
Gore Rider
).

is 60 ias the correct amount of ias i need to reach max attack speed when using Death in a
Berserker Axe
?

isn´t Enigma the best armor for a zealot ? (running around with low mf and droping a blue
Unearthed Wand
or
Diadem
feels painful)

isn´t the effective dmg vs Fortitude much better ? (dmg i need to deal to find a gg item ? the dmg a controlled merc adds to mine, the dmg
Decrepify
adds, when i tele control my merc)

is the fcr for Enigma really needed, if i don´t wanna farm everything and just wanna tele to the next group, or should i atleast reach 25 / 48 ?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Im building a Zealot right now and i got a few questions :)

i wanna use Death, because i hate that the dmg isn´t displayed correctly when using Grief and i can run war travs without using value (not running
Gore Rider
).

is 60 ias the correct amount of ias i need to reach max attack speed when using Death in a
Berserker Axe
?

isn´t Enigma the best armor for a zealot ? (running around with low mf and droping a blue
Unearthed Wand
or
Diadem
feels painful)

isn´t the effective dmg vs Fortitude much better ? (dmg i need to deal to find a gg item ? the dmg a controlled merc adds to mine, the dmg
Decrepify
adds, when i tele control my merc)

is the fcr for Enigma really needed, if i don´t wanna farm everything and just wanna tele to the next group, or should i atleast reach 25 / 48 ?
Enigma is bad on zealot. Just use Fortitude. 60 ias is correct.
I was running Death zealot before.
I pushed it to big dps. Guillame with ias jewel max dmg jewel, Fortitude, Phoenix shield, Highlords, Nosferatu coil, LoH.

Buying out
Hel
and perfect amethysts.
OP
did you have any acceptable source of mf though?
Gheed
, war travs, res/mf sc,
Wisp Projector
(or any rare ring). If i wanted more i used either ias socketed
Shako
or these days i use
Eth
skullders ire.

Buying out
Hel
and perfect amethysts.
Enigma gives more utility because of merc placement. Using
Charge
you almost never have your merc with you. Decrep makes life way easier both offensively and defensively.
You are sacrificing large portion of damage. Fortitude has everything zealot need, never saw zealot with Enigma for a reason.

Btw if you want guillame
Helm
with ias max damage jewel socketed i can trade you one much cheaper.

Buying out
Hel
and perfect amethysts.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Fortitude is just too good for a Zealot to ever ditch for an Enigma. Even more so because
Charge
already makes for easy fairly quick movement.

And while I get wanting to see the correct numbers on your char screen (not that it'd ever really be fully correct in this game), not using Grief is just shooting yourself in the foot tbh. Visible or not, the damage is crazy good.

If you do stick with a BA though, then yes, in most scenarios 60 IAS is correct (in conjunction with lvl 20 or higher
Fanaticism
). You drop down to needing 55 IAS if you for some weird reason decide to stack +skills for off. auras and reach a lvl 36
Fanaticism
. But that's...unlikely.
OP
but the merc doesn´t port when using
Charge
and the ai is so terrible :(

i know that Grief is the strongest weapon for a zealot, but Death is much closer than everyone gives it credit for

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/wNkUIfcWbU0

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
tobyha wrote: 2 years ago
but the merc doesn´t port when using
Charge
and the ai is so terrible :(

i know that Grief is the strongest weapon for a zealot, but Death is much closer than everyone gives it credit for

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/wNkUIfcWbU0
To be fair, a single dia kill is of no statistical consequence, considering how much of a difference a few more misses make. And considering how much of a difference the not-shown build and gear setup make.

The more crushing blow you already have, the better Grief is as compared to Death. The more ED you can stack off-weapon, the better Grief is as well. Additionally, I'd consider the way to Diablo (or wherever). On a boss, said crushing makes significantly more of a difference than on the trash on the way there. If you kill said trash in one hit reliably with a Grief due to the massive flat dmg but need 2 with Death because crushing just isn't as significant on those, then the overall clear speed difference becomes more than just a little significant. Or 2 vs. 3 hits..or 3 vs. 5..whatever it ends up being in your gear.

Then again..much as I love my Grief, I still think that ultimately it boils down to preference and where you tend to do most of your farming.
I play hardcore and I currently run my zealot with an Oath
Cryptic Sword
. I realize that Grief has a noticeable DPS advantage over Breath of the Dying, but 10-12% life leech and 30 to all attributes seems like a great thing to increase survivability.

Is Grief definitely the best zealot weapon, even if you play hardcore?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation