Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
82 replies   7686 views

Description

Just watched the newest Lama YT Videos. Things I wish to change series.
What u think about his opinion?

For me he is overreacting quite a bit.

His Statement to Nerf everything Powerful is totally against Blizzards statement to Nerf nothing and just buff weak Stuff.

Good Buff ideas like make skelly Archers instead of mages.

But all that should be nerfed and in what way is a bit too drastic I think

Can be used to make Runewords:

Just watched the newest Lama YT Videos. Things I wish to change series.
What u think about his opinion?

For me he is overreacting quite a bit.

His Statement to Nerf everything Powerful is totally against Blizzards statement to Nerf nothing and just buff weak Stuff.

Good Buff ideas like make skelly Archers instead of mages.

But all that should be nerfed and in what way is a bit too drastic I think

Stay a while and listen
D2 is pretty much a broken game, but many people like it that way.

Sorc is way too OP. The existence of
Teleport
alone is a huge problem to balance. Some classes can't even come close to competing in terms of clear speed. The game is a huge mess in terms of balance.

I would nerf Sorc into the Ground. Remove
Teleport
from the game. Then nerf hammers and
Lightning Fury
OP
I think
Teleport
should be a skill achieved by every class after defeat
Baal
hell.
Hammers and LF could need a Nerf I agree.

If all of his ideas would be changed, it would d2 make a Completly new game.

Build diversity is fine now I guess.

What also would be a banger is Nerf the AR needed for melee chars.

And give non meta builds way more gas and quality of life.

Maybe not that much gas as we have seen on fresh ptr holy firepaladin

Stay a while and listen
just remove
Teleport
completely and then this game is ok balanaced. hammers without tele isnt as great and the only way to skip terrean is now barb jump or walk and finally it makes sense to play barb! u have NO AOE but u got movement!

Gunar 35

Amazon PC
Esurka wrote: 2 years ago
just remove
Teleport
completely and then this game is ok balanaced...
Or less drastically, just make mana cost x10 for
Teleport
and let's see how this straighten things out...

Maybe someone would finally find a use for this 4th stat on your char-screen... Forgot what it was, you know Str/Dex/Vita aaand...
While I kinda agree with yall, making any changes that are too drastic will piss off a lot of people and cause them to quit playing.

I like changes, just make them mild changes. I'd definitely like to see some major buffs to underused skills / items.
dilbert383 wrote: 2 years ago
While I kinda agree with yall, making any changes that are too drastic will piss off a lot of people and cause them to quit playing.
I'm pretty sure there'd be an influx of new (or old) players if the meta was shifted drastically. Those who cling on to the current meta are either botters who profit from exploiting the current meta, or old players, who are actually bored of playing the same way for almost 2 decades, but refuse to admit that.
I'd rather they just quietly tweak the loot tables for the top 3 characters so they can still sweep the floor, but the rewards are lower.
I get what you're saying.

I try to not even worry about botters.

If they're gonna go through the trouble of balancing the game with major buffs / nerfs, they should also add some new content- a new special event area and some new uniques. Shouldnt they just be able to copy / paste some existing code?

I feel like the joy of finding a unique has died with all the super powerful runewords. I couldn't care less about MF right now.
I haven't watched all his videos, but I did watch one about nerfing
Holy Fire
paladin, and I agree with this one... It's silly to just walk around and watch stuff die in hell.
And the 'counter' I've seen to this is "But it's very expensive!", which doesn't mean much imho. I don't think there should be a point in game where if you're wealthy enough you can just walk around and watch stuff die.

And about nerfing in general: Well, I suppose it depends on your view of the ideal game; Is it OK if a build clears stuff 3 times faster than other classes in the game?
If you think that's fine, then I would ask what you think the limit is; Would it be ok if it cleared stuff 5x faster? 10x faster? If just casting 1 spell would kill everything in a hell cow level?

If you think it's NOT fine, then... To make it fine there's two solutions, either your nerf the good stuff, or you buff the bad stuff. So is the solution to make everything as strong as builds like Javazon?

Whether or not Mrllama is right or wrong, from what I've seen, he put some thoughts in his videos/analysis... But those opposing often don't have much more than a kneejerk reaction, or like 1 thing that somewhat resembles an argument.

In the end, you have to face the reality, which is, this game is HORRIBLY balanced, not only between 'power levels', but also abilities (like
Teleport
). The question one should address is, should this be fixed, or let as it is?

And some people would say "leave it as it is", I'm sure, but that's just the fear of change; If in an alternate universe the game had been perfectly balanced, and you offered these same people to swap to this unbalanced version, they would've said "Are you crazy, what we got is clearly better!"
Yet they won't make the swap the other way around either.
I would stop playing if
Teleport
was removed.

Available for trade after 6pm EST - US
I play sorc, and i vote yes to removing
Teleport
. i cannot be expected to open every damn portal just cuz.
Remove
Teleport
from the sorc skill tree and leave it just with Enigma/items that provide the +skill (i.e. Naj's staff with charges for repair = cost, and not unlimited). Enigma is probably one of the best in terms of balance of cost vs benefits.

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
mishabg wrote: 2 years ago
The question one should address is, should this be fixed, or let as it is?
Many will argue that the inherent dysfunctionality of D2's balance is what gives the game its character and Spirit.
I am one of those people ^. The quirky itemisation, absurdly powerful builds, and straight-up broken abilities are all iconic to D2.
In fact, I would go as far as to argue that the homogenisation of power and item stats was one of the biggest design flaws of D3.
To me therefore, keeping absurdly powerful builds in the game, and even creating new ones, is actually in the Spirit of the D2 and therefore faithful to the original game.

I respect Llama's evaluation of the changes though, after all his understanding of the game is very deep.
I don't think he'd have produced several videos (which I have not yet watched by the way) if he didn't feel very strongly about them needing to get nerfed.

Reb 6

Americas PC
god playing through the game is so ugly without
Teleport
though, every class needs it (at least on items) or you just waste so much time in unfun areas.
Remove
Teleport
from sorc is saying like remove hammers from paladin. Sorc has lowest life in game,
Teleport
is her only defence if u think about it, imagine starting ladder with sorc and u dont have
Teleport
, u will die all the time everywhere.
Crying about
Teleport
is pseudoproblem, play as sorc or farm/buy Enigma.
Enigmadin is super OP...lets remove Enigma :lol:
There are far more important issues to cry about and u choose
Teleport
...hmm.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
Reb wrote: 2 years ago
Teleport
though, every class needs it (at least on items) or you just waste so much time in unfun areas.
I think teleporting is the most unfun thing because it let you skip almost everything. If i like skipping, i sleep in by bed, i don't need a game for that.

That being said, i don't want it to be removed because i don't think is reasonable to do that because i think if would destroy the class. Instead i like to see nerfs because i don't think
Teleport
should be a skill for fast Transportation but as an important defensive skill of the Sorceress.
First for defensive measure it is not required to get through walls so i think it should only work with a free line of sight. It is also not required to work all the time to work as a defensive skill so
Teleport
can have a cast delay between 2 or 4 seconds (maybe let it scale with level).

I think with those both changes it would preserve as a defensive skill but prevented it from skiping the game on record time.
I think you are overreacting.

To quote from the video:

"I kinda lean more towards [to bring down the top 3 builds a little bit]"

"Nerfing these down a little bit isn't a terrible thing"

If this is overreacting to you, then you are screaming bloody murder.

He didn't even talk abou
Teleport
, while changes are being discussed here, that would fundamentally alter the game.

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
I'd rather they just lower the cost of entry to getting
Teleport
in a non-charges way. An Enigma-light runeword maybe in a helmet that tops out at
Ist
and only gives modest bonuses to allres and defense and no +to skills or mf. Call it "Quandary". I usually bliz-sorc main and i'd be okay with nerfing it a little bit. Any skill where you can wreck player 8 cows with non-ideal mf gear is probably a bit too powerful. I'm also okay with
Lightning Fury
and hammers being nerfed, just tap lightly with the nerf stick, as blizzard has a tendency to bonk things out of relevance, historically. Drop rates are rough in battle.net without player 8 command though. You would need a QoL tradeoff or people will freak the f out. You nerf things in the same update where you add a currency/materials tab or give /players control to online games.

Reb 6

Americas PC
Darq wrote: 2 years ago
Reb wrote: 2 years ago
Teleport
I think teleporting is the most unfun thing because it let you skip almost everything. If i like skipping, i sleep in by bed, i don't need a game for that.
On playthroughs there are just genuinely parts that are unfun or a bad experience if playing with certain characters. I play through the game all the way with each of my characters instead of getting rushed and without
Teleport
for several sections I would just never play the game.

The game is designed around
Teleport
existing at this point and I wish it weren't necessary but, for a good player experience, it is.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation