Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
53 replies   13618 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

pantagruel wrote: 2 years ago
Agree with @tachyonweb , even though it might seem counter-intuitive for people thinking about
Teleport
utility from Enigma first and foremost.
In addition to the above pros, it gives you massive life bonuses in multiple ways. First - life per kill, great QoL. Second - 5% life pool bonus. Third - bonus to str means you can invest additional 60 points into vitality. Fourth - 2 to skill means more life from CTA BO, which is further increased by using arach + SOJs instead of
Tal
's + Nagels.
With the exception of
Teleport
, literally every property on Enigma is useful for sorc.
Resistances on CoH are nice, but HOTO + Mara's + Spirit + res scs are enough.
On Paper the -8% DMG is also pretty nice. I'am curious.. Would this bonus also work on an
Energy Shield
?
Iam still not convinced using an engima on a sorc, but i really need to try it for a period of time.

Asha 350

Sorceress Europe PC
If you got your res covered stickin to Spirit shield + hoto, and your merc wields Infinity - then Enigma could look nicer, yes.

But if you plan to ride with non-
Eth
Infinity yourself - CoH only (perf Umed viper skin until you got CoH). And you'll still need some res charms, assumin you got an endgame equip (2x soj, arach, mara30, griffon,
Magefist
, torch+anni+skillers, and cta+Spirit swap). Max
Telekinesis
and just 1 ES is highly recommended - even if it means less Lightning/CL synergy maxed. Just enough str for gear, the rest is vita (you can easily throw some pts to energy, or even keep energy and vita equal, depends on your personal taste).
My sparky-girl dressed this way. I won't even try hoto+Spirit+merc infi setup for her - she's too nice already 🙂
I'll have to try the polearm (can be
Eth
) wielding Sorceress one day. Bonus minus light res would apply nicely here, which would make it better than Crescent Moon. Stil you would have only 65 FCR with that setup (no FCR rings)?
Another route is CoH + Crescent Moon one hander.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Eth
) wielding Sorceress one day. Bonus minus light res would apply nicely here, which would make it better than Crescent Moon. Stil you would have only 65 FCR with that setup (no FCR rings)?
Well, you could add a viper and a light/fc amu. Along with
Magefist
, griffon and arachnid that puts you at the 105 for tele speed at least.

Asha 350

Sorceress Europe PC
Tested my sorc with viper skin, ofc - before she started wearin CoH. Also playable - but can't say she is faster in viper on practice. CoH is mightier - 65 res, dr, 20 added str for your Spirit swap means 40 more hard life - and you look much more decent if clad in
Boneweave
/archon/even gothic or embossed base instead of non-solid lookin leathers.
But until you forged/bought a CoH - yes, definitely 35/13 viper with
Um
is your way to go.
And also: 65% total fcr from arach+
Magefist
+griffon for my girl is just fine already - mobs are locked in recovery from both charged
Bolts
and lightnings, so not a big deal in pvm. Yeah, you can seek for godly craft amu+rings - but I abandoned such approach completely. 2x sojs + mara30 - and voila 🙂

Asha 350

Sorceress Europe PC
Eth
If you plan to wield infy yourself - don't seek for a way to wield merc (elite
Eth
) - too much str+dex points to
Sacrifice
goin this route. Non-
Eth
base is your way to go - meaning a
Scythe
/
Halberd
/
Voulge
or
Bill
perhaps. There are some on the market here and there occasionally.
I wielded a
Scythe
(looks like a harvester 🙂) - but traded it away to reroll in
Halberd
for pure aesthetics of it.
Crescent Moon is just a cheaper alternative, more of a hybrid approach here. Besides - you won't get that nice feeling from wieldin infy yourself (and enjoyin 35% more frw - ask javas with titans 😉).

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Well, you could use a normal
Eth
and have even lower reqs. :)
Not that it really matters for anything other than style points, seeing how you reach normal non-
Eth
reqs with torch and anni alone and already don't need to put any points into anything.

Just intuitively, I'd be inclined to agree with CoH > Viper for lightning. Though it is a shame to not at least hit the 78 for more dps (without dropping skill rings).

Remind me to keep this topic in mind when the PTR comes back...I've been meaning to test a couple sorc-wielding-Infinity build ideas but then forgot all about it before they took it down. And considering how unlikely they all are to be able to compete with my current new fav build, I don't wanna blow the 2
Ber
on a non-merc Infinity on live...that's a waste even by my rather lenient standards. :D

Asha 350

Sorceress Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Well, you could use a normal
Eth
and have even lower reqs. :)
Not that it really matters for anything other than style points, seeing how you reach normal non-
Eth
reqs with torch and anni alone and already don't need to put any points into anything.

Just intuitively, I'd be inclined to agree with CoH > Viper for lightning. Though it is a shame to not at least hit the 78 for more dps (without dropping skill rings).

Remind me to keep this topic in mind when the PTR comes back...I've been meaning to test a couple sorc-wielding-Infinity build ideas but then forgot all about it before they took it down. And considering how unlikely they all are to be able to compete with my current new fav build, I don't wanna blow the 2
Ber
on a non-merc Infinity on live...that's a waste even by my rather lenient standards. :D
I'm actively levelin this infi-wielding sorc of mine repeatin
Baal
runs - she'll hit 92 lvl soon. If you are interested about such a build - we can meet in game, i'll gladly share the details, my opinion, and show how she feels on practice. One thing I can tell for certain already: I'm enjoyin this girl, and despite investin a lot of Wealth in her gear - not regrettin it one bit 🙂 Even gave up levelin my other chars for the cause.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Appreciate the offer. But I'm assuming you're running the classic (chain-) lightning? That won't tell me much as I've never enjoyed slinging lightning. Even at 117 that feels way too slow for my taste in sorc builds so 2 frames slower won't make that any better. :D

Darbon 120

Paladin Europe PC
Recently I've collected Infinity and all the gear I needed to respec into light sorc and I'm happy with what I got. Much faster runs.

This is her gear + torch and
Annihilus
and a bunch of resist small charms and gheeds
Now this is a HC lvl 93 build so defiantly not something that ppl recomend :D. Survivability is a must so +79% damage reduction, 230% resists 1100+ life 700 mana without CTA buff are for all kinds of curses (her resists can be broken only with lower res curse +
Conviction
) with amp damage she has -21% dmg. FCR is at 78% breakpoint. I only use lightning which has 14k dmg and even with this she's much faster than cold sorc even in + players games. I can clear all members in
Travincal
but need to keep my merc alive so it costs some rejuv pots now every run.
I can upgrade her dmg a little later with +2 skill 18%FCR amulet and 1 Soj and something like 1 or 2 light skillers. She has only 100% mf but at this point runes are worth more than unique items.

Asha 350

Sorceress Europe PC
Appreciate the offer. But I'm assuming you're running the classic (chain-) lightning? That won't tell me much as I've never enjoyed slinging lightning. Even at 117 that feels way too slow for my taste in sorc builds so 2 frames slower won't make that any better. :D
Nope 🙂 I sweep everything (almost) with mere charged
Bolts
. -85 from
Conviction
, -49 from infi, and -25 from griffon = -159 for non-immunes, and -74 for broken immunes. That's quite enough for them.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Ok, that does sound a bit more entertaining. :D

Just out of curiosity, have you tried ubers with her yet? After all,
Charged Bolt
is one of the few sorc builds that has generally proven to be successful in the past. Wondering if/how well the -res bonus can outweigh the slower cast for those.

Asha 350

Sorceress Europe PC
Ok, that does sound a bit more entertaining. :D

Just out of curiosity, have you tried ubers with her yet? After all,
Charged Bolt
is one of the few sorc builds that has generally proven to be successful in the past. Wondering if/how well the -res bonus can outweigh the slower cast for those.
Ubers sound too risky - but I think she can roast a clone pretty much easily. Just need to scratch him with melee attack first (for 30 sec prevent healing) - the rest should be similar to java's melee charged stings. Same for
Izual
- but I'd rather not mess up with
Lilith
and especially uber-Meph.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Just do it after your next lvl up. Worst case, no XP lost and you can just call for help here to not lose the keys. I'm generally available to save the day there, as are many others. :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...