Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   1681 views

Description

I wonder if there are any groups out there where they clear the area like cows/CS/WSK and then leave the bodies for the Horker to come by. Or just have a 2 man team with a Horker/Hammerdin and have the Hammerdin clear the area while the Horker does his thing.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I wonder if there are any groups out there where they clear the area like cows/CS/WSK and then leave the bodies for the Horker to come by. Or just have a 2 man team with a Horker/Hammerdin and have the Hammerdin clear the area while the Horker does his thing.
I am down to teamup. I got both builds rdy
Just a heads up if you do decide to do mf runs you should be atleast 3 if you are teaming up or the horker should join after the hammerdin is done.
This is because there is no benefit of being just two people in the game there is no increased droprate until 3 people. The only result is harder minions :)
Must say that I like the idea tho! I can join with my java :)

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
You still get 150% exp at p2, it's not totally pointless.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Plus any decently geared hammerdin should hardly notice a difference between P1 and P2. :)

That having been said, yes, I've seen a few runs where one cleared and the other horked. Though you'll obviously never know whether that was by design or if the horker just found a public game to follow. After all, if you join a pug cow run or the like, it is fairly rare to see another horker challenging you for corpses.

Side note:
I would support the 3-person team idea. Not so much to hit the drop breakpoint but actually to speed up the horking. I.e. have a 2nd horker. A solid clearer is significantly faster in killing packs than a horker is in horking them so you'll end up with your hammerdin or java or whatever just sitting around, doing nothing, while the horker is still doing his thing. Leaves some definite room for optimization.
OP
Still working on my horker but I plan to equip 2 Rondels for +8 item find.

How would you go about splitting the loot? Or is it like the Hammerdin gets the priority drops from the run and the horker gets the drops from the hork?

I wonder if there should be a new category called Hork Runs/ 2 Hammerdins clear the area while 2-3 horkers go through. I guess ideally the Hammerdin shouldn't use
Redemption
and their merc can't use Reaper's toll for the bodies shattering.

/just thought if anyone had run this in a multibox setup or would it be too tedious. Have Hammerdin clear out trav and hork barb comes in horks everything; Would it be possible to hork keys (
Terror
/hate/Destruction)?

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Category? In what list?

Anyways:
Just throw an Insight onto the Hammer's merc and you solve both, the Reaper's and
Redemption
need concerns at the same time.

As for splitting loot..that's up to you/your group. If you just follow random pugs around, what you hork is yours. If you actually coordinate with friends, then you'll probably just give each drop to the one who actually needs it and/or split the rest evenly.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...