Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   6628 views

Description

Hello all,
I've been having some issues running out of mana on my Javazon ( https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/j40106y1 ). I've solved it by using
Crescent Moon Amulet
- which has +15% mana leech. With a mana leech ring this gives me a total of 20% mana leech, and it seems to refill my bar *most* of the time. Before I went to Crescent Moon, I used just two mana leech rings (a total of 10% mana leech), and I lost a lot of clear time just hunting around and trying to pick up mana potions (as well as being frozen due to no Ravenfrost). It's not viable, and I don't see how anyone plays like that. Maybe I just suck at throwing javelins though...

However, it still bothers me that I'm wasting an amulet slot that could be a Mara's or a Highlords instead. So anyway, here's some other options I thought of to solve this:

1)
Caster Gloves
. Why in the hell does no one craft these? They can roll +2 Java/
Spear
skills, +20% IAS and +3 mana after each kill. With one or two rare mana leech rings (preferably also with mana after each kill on them) I ought to be able to keep the Javazon's mana bar full. So why does everyone craft
Blood Gloves
with their relatively useless crushing blow and life leech (are they making them for smiters/zealers/zerkers)? If it rolls +3 mana after each kill, 2/20
Caster Gloves
are the ideal Javazon glove!

2)
Silkweave
Boots
: apparently this is the traditional solution for mana-starved Javazons. However, it has no redeeming qualities other than +5 mana after each kill- which can completely refill your mana bar in a well-rolled monster density Cow level in a shot or two.

3) (Present solution)
Crescent Moon Amulet
: substantial damage drop, but seems to work well enough against both single targets and large groups.

4) Ethereal Titans: This helps, in theory, and should boost mana leech by about 40% (NOT 50% since Titans has a +damage affix that isn't boosted by being ethereal). However, it's very expensive since at least two, probably three or more,
Eth
titans are needed due to the slow replenishment rate and non-repairability. Doing a price check, each
Eth
titan's gonna run like a
Lo
rune, maybe more. Also, the quality of life and to a lesser extent clear speed suffers due to having to manage/swap multiple Titans. It doesn't sound fun. Finally, even running a high-ED
Eth
Titans, you're still only up 40% extra mana leech; so my two 5% mana leech rings become more like 14% mana leech total. I'm not sure that will be enough, and even if it is, then you lose Cannot Be Frozen unless you
Cham
your
Griffon's Eye
. So
Eth
Titans by itself probably won't work (for me, at least).

Rejected solutions-
5) Phoenix shield:
Vex
-
Vex
-
Lo
-
Jah
. Four high runes for a shield that massively drops my dps? No thanks! I suppose it could be swapped to when low on mana, but that sounds like a lot of tedium that could slow down clear speed, all at the low cost of four high runes...

So anyway, to sum it all up,
1) Why not
Caster Gloves
for Javazons? They seem perfect, but there's only two
Caster Gloves
in the entire trade section of this website right now. What gives?
2) How have other Javazon players solved this mana issue?
3) Any other thoughts?

Thanks for any feedback y'all can give!
Description by tatarjj

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello all,
I've been having some issues running out of mana on my Javazon ( https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/j40106y1 ). I've solved it by using
Crescent Moon Amulet
- which has +15% mana leech. With a mana leech ring this gives me a total of 20% mana leech, and it seems to refill my bar *most* of the time. Before I went to Crescent Moon, I used just two mana leech rings (a total of 10% mana leech), and I lost a lot of clear time just hunting around and trying to pick up mana potions (as well as being frozen due to no Ravenfrost). It's not viable, and I don't see how anyone plays like that. Maybe I just suck at throwing javelins though...

However, it still bothers me that I'm wasting an amulet slot that could be a Mara's or a Highlords instead. So anyway, here's some other options I thought of to solve this:

1)
Caster Gloves
. Why in the hell does no one craft these? They can roll +2 Java/
Spear
skills, +20% IAS and +3 mana after each kill. With one or two rare mana leech rings (preferably also with mana after each kill on them) I ought to be able to keep the Javazon's mana bar full. So why does everyone craft
Blood Gloves
with their relatively useless crushing blow and life leech (are they making them for smiters/zealers/zerkers)? If it rolls +3 mana after each kill, 2/20
Caster Gloves
are the ideal Javazon glove!

2)
Silkweave
Boots
: apparently this is the traditional solution for mana-starved Javazons. However, it has no redeeming qualities other than +5 mana after each kill- which can completely refill your mana bar in a well-rolled monster density Cow level in a shot or two.

3) (Present solution)
Crescent Moon Amulet
: substantial damage drop, but seems to work well enough against both single targets and large groups.

4) Ethereal Titans: This helps, in theory, and should boost mana leech by about 40% (NOT 50% since Titans has a +damage affix that isn't boosted by being ethereal). However, it's very expensive since at least two, probably three or more,
Eth
titans are needed due to the slow replenishment rate and non-repairability. Doing a price check, each
Eth
titan's gonna run like a
Lo
rune, maybe more. Also, the quality of life and to a lesser extent clear speed suffers due to having to manage/swap multiple Titans. It doesn't sound fun. Finally, even running a high-ED
Eth
Titans, you're still only up 40% extra mana leech; so my two 5% mana leech rings become more like 14% mana leech total. I'm not sure that will be enough, and even if it is, then you lose Cannot Be Frozen unless you
Cham
your
Griffon's Eye
. So
Eth
Titans by itself probably won't work (for me, at least).

Rejected solutions-
5) Phoenix shield:
Vex
-
Vex
-
Lo
-
Jah
. Four high runes for a shield that massively drops my dps? No thanks! I suppose it could be swapped to when low on mana, but that sounds like a lot of tedium that could slow down clear speed, all at the low cost of four high runes...

So anyway, to sum it all up,
1) Why not
Caster Gloves
for Javazons? They seem perfect, but there's only two
Caster Gloves
in the entire trade section of this website right now. What gives?
2) How have other Javazon players solved this mana issue?
3) Any other thoughts?

Thanks for any feedback y'all can give!

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Can't contribute to this particular request, but there was a heated discussion about Javazons and particularly mana issues in this thread that I thought you might find interesting OP.

tatarjj wrote: 2 years ago
1)
Caster Gloves
Perfect amethysts are better used crafting
Caster Amulet
5) Phoenix shield: Four high runes for a shield that massively drops my dps?
I'm sorry, what? Am I not seeing what you're seeing? Phoenix actually lets you kill anything even without Infinity because you'll be dealing thousands of physical in addition to thousands of lightning. More physical damage also means more absolute mana and life leeched. Plus
Redemption
for extra safety.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
I go with
Eth
titans and
Silkweave
Boots
, works like a charm. Even without
Eth
titans it helps a lot. In cows you need zero mana bottles. Ah, and MAEK works better than mana leech…

Add me if i win
i have a java hiting 4k whit Fury, almost full perfect stuffs.

the only way to not use potions of mana its to use upped
Silkweave
, and in shield im using Spirit for the plus skills and plus mana.

gloves i find a very good one 2 java + 20 ias + 10 dex + 9 stregh + fire resis 35%

all resis maxed out to 75, full gc of java + life and some sc speed run and all resis + sc 20 life and mana or life and resis.

2.1k life whitout boo and 900 mana.

i really dont use mana pots

Add me if you need something.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
I'm honestly a bit baffled that seems to be such a big problem for so many people. I have never run more than 1 mana leech ring on a java, ever. And the only time that wasn't enough was on like day 1 when all I had was a terribly rolled low Titan's that wasn't upped yet. Even a low roll was enough when upped. And once you get a high roll, let alone
Eth
, it becomes a complete non-issue.

If for some reason your leech isn't enough though then yeah,
Silkweave
is a very cheap and easy fix. However, I'd look at your build itself first. Your planner link isn't working for me so I can't check but..what's your
Pierce
rate? If you hit 2-3 cows with every physical projectile, you also get 2-3 times the mana leech whereas if you have no
Pierce
, you'll only ever get the first.*

A simple additional fix as well would be to throw a few more points into dexterity. It doesn't help your lightning damage but it does buff the physical component of your throw quite a bit which in turn increases your leech as well.

*Disclaimer: Only about 98% certain about that statement. Can't say I ever bothered looking up if there is some sort of leech reduction/prevention on pierced projectiles but based on my own observations (1 cow = enough but low leech, pack = basically a full orb on every throw), I dare say there isn't and it works as noted above.
You may consider rare dual leech ring as an option - high roll cost a lot, however low and decent ones are pretty affordable

Feel free to check all my trades
Add me Standinsoe#2129 for fast trade
OP
Queegon wrote: 2 years ago
1)
Caster Gloves
Perfect amethysts are better used crafting
Caster Amulet
5) Phoenix shield: Four high runes for a shield that massively drops my dps?
I'm sorry, what? Am I not seeing what you're seeing? Phoenix actually lets you kill anything even without Infinity because you'll be dealing thousands of physical in addition to thousands of lightning. More physical damage also means more absolute mana and life leeched. Plus
Redemption
for extra safety.
Yes you are not seeing what I'm seeing- as far as I know and understand, the bolt damage on
Lightning Fury
is pure lightning damage, no physical component. So while the initial
Javelin
throw is physical damage+lightning damage combo, what actually kills groups of enemies is the pure lightning
Bolts
that branch off of that initial
Javelin
. That has always been my understanding. So while Phoenix shield does not seem to affect the dps against a single target very much (since you lose a bunch of lightning damage but gain physical damage), against groups of enemies the majority of damage that you get is from the pure lightning
Bolts
, and so Phoenix massively reduces your dps compared to a 4-faceted gemmed
Monarch
OP
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
I'm honestly a bit baffled that seems to be such a big problem for so many people. I have never run more than 1 mana leech ring on a java, ever. And the only time that wasn't enough was on like day 1 when all I had was a terribly rolled low Titan's that wasn't upped yet. Even a low roll was enough when upped. And once you get a high roll, let alone
Eth
, it becomes a complete non-issue.

If for some reason your leech isn't enough though then yeah,
Silkweave
is a very cheap and easy fix. However, I'd look at your build itself first. Your planner link isn't working for me so I can't check but..what's your
Pierce
rate? If you hit 2-3 cows with every physical projectile, you also get 2-3 times the mana leech whereas if you have no
Pierce
, you'll only ever get the first.*

A simple additional fix as well would be to throw a few more points into dexterity. It doesn't help your lightning damage but it does buff the physical component of your throw quite a bit which in turn increases your leech as well.

*Disclaimer: Only about 98% certain about that statement. Can't say I ever bothered looking up if there is some sort of leech reduction/prevention on pierced projectiles but based on my own observations (1 cow = enough but low leech, pack = basically a full orb on every throw), I dare say there isn't and it works as noted above.
I have 104%
Pierce
, assuming
Razortail
combines additively with the
Pierce
talent. Part of my issue compared to you, at least in the Cow Level, may be that I don't wrangle up the cows very much, so sometimes maybe I'm only hitting 1 cow (or even less, if I miss or it dies from the previous throw before the
Javelin
gets there). Is concentrating the cows into a tighter group (which takes a long time cuz they move so damn slow!) really save time? I've been guessing that it's better to usually just attack what I see rather than run around forever concentrating them. Also, some Cow Levels spawn with such a low density that you can't really
Concentrate
them :(

Edit- I might have fixed the link to the build I'm using, here it is again- https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/j40106y1
OP
Well I did one Chaos Sanc run after work, just one, and Diablo shat out a 30 AR Maras. So maybe that's a sign... I could put on the Maras and Silkweaves I suppose until I manage to craft my own 2/20 +3 mana after each kill
Caster Gloves
to replace the Silkweaves and go back to my present +99 total res tri-res
Boots
. Still begs the question in my mind of why in the world
Caster Gloves
aren't considered BiS Javazon gloves.
5) Phoenix shield: Four high runes for a shield
Phoenix massively reduces your dps compared to a 4-faceted gemmed
Monarch
Okay, 4 high runes for a Phoenix is too much but then you reach for basically a JMoD argument against it? Or at the very least 4 facets (where a 5/5 is worth a
Sur
each now).

Yes, JMoD good. Phoenix not as good. I'd shake your hand for your counterpoint but my hands are only peasant hands and don't have 15 spare
Ber
runes.
If price is an issue I'm using
Stormshield
/Spirit, not a 4-facet
Monarch

You are in luck though, there's been one for sale for a month+ now.
trade/jeweler-s-monarch-jmod-clone-t741555.html

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
before i was using
Crescent Moon Amulet
too. but it's not a proper solution.

you just need a Phoenix, and rest will stay same. dmg comes from shield phsy yes. but more phys dmg u deal means more life and mana stolen too.

then u can use
Highlord's Wrath
, bul kathos / soj with
Raven Frost

i am using

Thunderstroke
, Enigma,
Griffon's Eye
(23/20), Phoenix, war travelers, 2/10 rare gloves, bul kathos ring and
Raven Frost
. i don't even need mana stolen thing. and hitting quite good in full player games.

if you complaining about mana. solution is very simple

find runes to make a Phoenix.

kartalsafa#2765
Basically, for a phys/light hybrid
Highlord's Wrath
+
Gore Rider
+
Titan's Revenge
+ Phoenix

for pure light 6/40
Matriarchal Javelin
(20
Ber
+), JMoD (12-15
Ber
),
The Cat's Eye

One is not like the other, is it?

A minor nitpick for the build - I struggle to find any + resists. Apart from charms you only have what you put into your gloves and
Boots
since every other slot is "taken". I'm probably swapping Bul-Kathos for some rare ring.

OP, did you mention what ring you were using in your offhand???

Find you a good +5,6 ML and 70+ to mana.

Shit use 2 of them and get really crazy. Just avoid getting hit by those pesky frozen groups.

Works for me....
OP
5) Phoenix shield: Four high runes for a shield
Phoenix massively reduces your dps compared to a 4-faceted gemmed
Monarch
Okay, 4 high runes for a Phoenix is too much but then you reach for basically a JMoD argument against it? Or at the very least 4 facets (where a 5/5 is worth a
Sur
each now).

Yes, JMoD good. Phoenix not as good. I'd shake your hand for your counterpoint but my hands are only peasant hands and don't have 15 spare
Ber
runes.
If price is an issue I'm using
Stormshield
/Spirit, not a 4-facet
Monarch

You are in luck though, there's been one for sale for a month+ now.
trade/jeweler-s-monarch-jmod-clone-t741555.html
Not using a JMOD, I'm using a gemmed
Monarch
full of 5/3, 4/4, and 3/5 facets I got for a
Mal
rune each, so I paid in total 2 Ists for the shield.
OP
Basically, for a phys/light hybrid
Highlord's Wrath
+
Gore Rider
+
Titan's Revenge
+ Phoenix

for pure light 6/40
Matriarchal Javelin
(20
Ber
+), JMoD (12-15
Ber
),
The Cat's Eye

One is not like the other, is it?

A minor nitpick for the build - I struggle to find any + resists. Apart from charms you only have what you put into your gloves and
Boots
since every other slot is "taken". I'm probably swapping Bul-Kathos for some rare ring.
Yea, getting my resist from charms,
Boots
, a leech ring, and gloves. It cuts into my +skills A LOT, but on the flip side, with the gemmed
Monarch
, the
Lightning Fury
bolt damage is way higher than it would be otherwise and at least mostly makes up for having to use so many +resist charms. A build with Highlords or Maras still sims significantly higher
Lightning Fury
damage, but then, that's the reason I made this post originally. I had originally wanted to use a Chains of Honor to solve the resist problem, but it turns out that I found that Enigma was essentially required for faster clear speed and for repositioning the Infinity merc.

Anyway, I will reconsider the Phoenix shield based on multiple feedbacks now, but it will probably be more a long term goal since I'll probably want to direct most of my excess high runes into building a Hammerdin (or some new meta 2.4 build) next. One question about Phoenix- does it have any decent resaleability in case I decide I don't like it? I mean, realistically, I guess I'm "only" one high rune drop away from having (or being able to trade for) the runes to make it right now.
This has been a great thread for me, thanks everyone for your knowledge!!! I recently got my first big drop on my javazon, a Vampgaze! Act 3 sewers from a chest of all places wearing resist gear. I was going to make a new thread but saw this one and figured I'd post in here, apologies in advance for it being long.

I was given a very nice set of Titan's from a nice member of this forum when I was attempting to trade for one and my next short term goal is a 4 socket
Monarch
for the runeword (I have the runes already). What should I be seeking next? I took my time in nightmare, finishing it around 62 but then I tried MFing for the javelins and other stuff until 75 then I started hell. I'm in A3 right now almost 80. I'm guessing maybe an amulet or headgear of some kind? My current amulet is +18 all resistances but I also have a +1 all Amazon skill ammy. Which should I be using? Right now it seems I need the resis.

Also, any Merc suggestions? I've been using a
Holy Freeze
merc for a long time now but have read several people mention a specific a2 merc. My Merc has a pretty good unique polearm and I have leaned on him more and more in hell mode. The A2 dungeon that was single file with almost all light immune mobs was my biggest challenge in D2R yet, lolol. Took over an hour to clear it with my Merc doing most of the dps.

Thanks all!!

Edit: I'm on Xbox, it seems it's quite a bit more difficult to find trades compared to PC. I'm not against grinding out a lot of stuff myself but know eventually I'll hit some walls.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...