diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
53 replies   13587 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Thanks for the input!
It looks more viable than I thought, I'll have to give it a try.
Did anyone mess around on PTR and compare a 2.4
Nova
sorc to traditional lightning sorc? Curious if one is vastly better than the other now

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
hOmig_P wrote: 2 years ago
Did anyone mess around on PTR and compare a 2.4
Nova
sorc to traditional lightning sorc? Curious if one is vastly better than the other now
The short answer to that is: Depends on what/where you mostly intend to farm.
Also.
Nova
isn't the only new solid alternative. ;)

Durok 11

PC
i like to play with Phoenix, because i generally dont like to pot anything.
infinite sustain is nice, the extra dmg is not really needed, neither are the res in most cases
Durok wrote: 2 years ago
i like to play with Phoenix, because i generally dont like to pot anything.
infinite sustain is nice, the extra dmg is not really needed, neither are the res in most cases
Yea, that's the thing I miss when going from Hammerdin to Sorc. Always need to chug down pots for
Chain Lightning
. I guess I gotta build a Phoenix.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Well I tweaked my build a bit to try ES as @Schnorki suggested and here's what happened I highly recommend :)
End game lightning sorc:

Griffon’s (can do lite facet but I prefer 3mpk+resist for quality of life)
Crescent Moon
Enigma
Spirit
Trang Oul’s
Arachnid
Amulet 17fcr with huge resists
SOJx2
Rare Tri-res
Boots
with MF
Torch
Anni
Gheed
’s
Lightning skillers x4-6
SCs to round out res (1 with 5fhr to get breakpoint)

Slightly more affordable would be a 7+ fcr ammy and replace 1 SOJ with a resist/mana ring

COH is not good. Vipermagi is the acceptable budget option.
OP
Zelym wrote: 2 years ago
Well I tweaked my build a bit to try ES as @Schnorki suggested and here's what happened
super sayan.gif
I highly recommend :)
How many hard points?

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Crushnasty wrote: 2 years ago
How many hard points?
20 hard points in
Telekinesis
and 0 in
Energy Shield
(I used a Memory staff on weapon switch).
For stats points, I put 100 vitality and 300 energy.

Planning to try 20/20 with CtA instead of Memory.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
You really don't need 20 in ES. Even with cold or fire builds I only add 1 hard point to it. With lightning, it becomes even less necessary.

Telekinesis
is sufficient with 1 if you go for energy and enough regen or just throw in the full 20 and stick with max vita for an even more comfortable ride (not that you'd normally be missing either).

My new fav. build (which isn't light) actually goes full energy (so 0 vita) with 1 in ES and 1 in
Telekinesis
. For most things, that is more than sufficient and plenty tanky. The only things that currently pose a challenge are stronger elemental attacks (i.e. hydras) but that's only because I haven't actually gotten her any resistances yet. Can't blame the build for the gear still being an early work in progress. (Though even at that stage the performance is pretty glorious)
If you don´t mind the tread hijack, i would like to hear about Schnorkis new build.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
You really don't need 20 in ES. Even with cold or fire builds I only add 1 hard point to it. With lightning, it becomes even less necessary.

Telekinesis
is sufficient with 1 if you go for energy and enough regen or just throw in the full 20 and stick with max vita for an even more comfortable ride (not that you'd normally be missing either).
Yeah, 20T/20ES is probably overkill but I love experimenting.
I want to see how far I can go and go back to something more balanced later.

Although I rediscovered the Blood Mana curse and it's far more annoying than Mana Burn so I'm not sure about going full energy.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC

Telekinesis

Although I rediscovered the Blood Mana curse and it's far more annoying than Mana Burn so I'm not sure about going full energy.
I give you that. The curse is stupidly annoying. Luckily, it doesn't happen in too many places.
Naturally, if your target route consists of mainly those places...that does suck and in itself warrants not going for a full energy build.
I appreciate all the feedback from everyone. I guess it’s time to farm another Enigma :(
There's no reason any sorc would wear Enigma, that armor is sweet if you don't have access to the skill, for sorcs is a silly waste of high runes.

Telekinesis

I give you that. The curse is stupidly annoying. Luckily, it doesn't happen in too many places.
Naturally, if your target route consists of mainly those places...that does suck and in itself warrants not going for a full energy build.
I also tried the switch to an ES-build with my light sorc. Thanks a lot for the input first of all! I just put 1 Point into ES and 1 into
Telekinesis
, around 100 into Vit and the rest into Mana. It already felt great, but i struggle with the burning souls and their mana drain in WSK. Would some points in
Telekinesis
make a big difference there?

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
DiscoStouzo wrote: 2 years ago

I also tried the switch to an ES-build with my light sorc. Thanks a lot for the input first of all! I just put 1 Point into ES and 1 into
Telekinesis
, around 100 into Vit and the rest into Mana. It already felt great, but i struggle with the burning souls and their mana drain in WSK. Would some points in
Telekinesis
make a big difference there?
Yes and no.
Telekinesis
doesn't help with avoiding mana burn, it only reduces the mana you lose for taking damage. So while it doesn't solve the burn issue, it does help with losing too much from dmg on top of that.
If you have problems with burn though, you're likely better off just going for more regen, allowing you to power through it. That's easily done with a point in
Warmth
, even more of a shift to energy or (depending on your build and other needs/priorities) maybe even an Insight on your merc.
Sh0ikan wrote: 2 years ago
I appreciate all the feedback from everyone. I guess it’s time to farm another Enigma :(
There's no reason any sorc would wear Enigma, that armor is sweet if you don't have access to the skill, for sorcs is a silly waste of high runes.
Whether it’s worth it to you is subjective. Objectively, it is the best armor for multiple end game lightning sorceress builds.
tachyonweb wrote: 2 years ago
Whether it’s worth it to you is subjective. Objectively, it is the best armor for multiple end game lightning sorceress builds.
Objetively, Chains of Honor is superior (and cheaper).
tachyonweb wrote: 2 years ago

Objetively, Chains of Honor is superior (and cheaper).
Enigma gives more life and more mf, plus big quality of life mods like 45 frw, life after each kill and damage to mana (less potting). You get +1 skill point. It even has more defense if you care about that. Half of COH mods are useless for sorc (life leech, damage to demons/undead). Only thing COH has is res, which is easily made up for with your other equipment.
Agree with @tachyonweb , even though it might seem counter-intuitive for people thinking about
Teleport
utility from Enigma first and foremost.
In addition to the above pros, it gives you massive life bonuses in multiple ways. First - life per kill, great QoL. Second - 5% life pool bonus. Third - bonus to str means you can invest additional 60 points into vitality. Fourth - 2 to skill means more life from CTA BO, which is further increased by using arach + SOJs instead of
Tal
's + Nagels.
With the exception of
Teleport
, literally every property on Enigma is useful for sorc.
Resistances on CoH are nice, but HOTO + Mara's + Spirit + res scs are enough.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...