Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   3961 views

Description

Hey, happy Friday to all!

I want to discuss Andy NM runs for SoJ farming as an alternative to high runes Hell runs

Andariel
NM has a great SoJ drop rate - 1:1500 at P1 and 400% Mf, and you need quite budget sorc gear to do those runs. Currently
Stone of Jordan
is a very high demanded item which may be easily sold for
Sur
. Even after
Diablo Clone
mechanics update I believe this still would be around
Ohm
/
Lo
which is close

Travincal
counsels are having 1:55750
Sur
drop rate at P1 and 0%MF, and even considering there are three of them it is still ~ 1:18500. Of course,
Travincal
runs are a bit faster then Andy ones, and you also have a bonus chance to drop some valuable charms/uniques/other high runes, however value rate is still seems to be lower than for Andy. I have not did math for Cows and Chaos, however I believe it is similar

Please correct me if my logic/math is wrong or this is a most optimal way to get
Sur
rune equivalent, especially if low geared
Description by StandinSoe

Can be used to make Runewords:

I want to discuss Andy NM runs for SoJ farming as an alternative to high runes Hell runs

Andariel
NM has a great SoJ drop rate - 1:1500 at P1 and 400% Mf, and you need quite budget sorc gear to do those runs. Currently
Stone of Jordan
Sur
. Even after
Diablo Clone
Ohm
/
Lo
which is close

Travincal
Sur
drop rate at P1 and 0%MF, and even considering there are three of them it is still ~ 1:18500. Of course,
Travincal
runs are a bit faster then Andy ones, and you also have a bonus chance to drop some valuable charms/uniques/other high runes, however value rate is still seems to be lower than for Andy. I have not did math for Cows and Chaos, however I believe it is similar

Please correct me if my logic/math is wrong or this is a most optimal way to get
Sur

Feel free to check all my trades
Add me Standinsoe#2129 for fast trade

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
That "
Ohm
/
Lo
" estimate is a very random guess tbh.

Unless I missed some recent release of further information, we have no idea what the new mechanics will be. And if they change to the point where SoJs just aren't part of the trigger anymore - which would make sense since SoJs were only ever used due to mass duping - then SoJ value will drop to what the ring itself is worth for its stats. And since for most builds, even a low BK would be a preferred choice over an SoJ, that'd put them down to
Ist
or 2
Ist
, not
Ohm
/
Lo

At the same time, if they stay part of the trigger and the trigger becomes more doable for individuals, their desirability may go up even higher because everyone wants to do it (as opposed to only multi-boxing farmers right now).

Basically..we just have no idea.

The thing about the NM
Andariel
approach is that apart from SoJ, her drops are mostly worthless crap when compared to what you can find in hell farming areas. So you give up a LOT of possible value just to improve your odds of one specific item that you can still find along the way in general end-game farming.
Find a
Ber
or
Jah
and you made up for not finding about 2 SoJs. Find a
Lo
or
Sur
and you made up for 1. Find a couple
Ohm
, same thing. Find a Griffon's, get lucky on the roll and you just got like 5-10+ SoJs worth. The list of possible items that make up for not getting an SoJ quite as often is fairly long and once you add all of those up, the odds really aren't all that low.

I for one can't see any real reason to stick to NM
Andariel
other than you just not being geared enough to efficiently farm end-game areas yet.
StandinSoe wrote: 2 years ago

Andariel
Stone of Jordan
Sur
. Even after
Diablo Clone
Ohm
/
Lo
which is close

Travincal
Sur
Travincal

Sur
Unless you’re in single player and farming SOJ specifically because you need the ring, farming NM
Andariel
for SOJ is a complete waste of time, because you are foregoing the chance to drop HRs and other valuable uniques for a somewhat increased chance to drop SOJ.

The opportunity cost is terrible. I wouldn’t do it.
Didn’t realize Schnorki just said the same exact thing. My bad.
I only saw 2 in 3-4 month farming and both are not from the bosses. You called 1:1500 great ? i kill diablo (1200+) and mefiisto (1500+) and never saw
Arachnid Mesh
, which has drop chance 1:932.
StandinSoe wrote: 2 years ago

Andariel
Stone of Jordan
Sur
. Even after
Diablo Clone
Ohm
/
Lo
which is close

Travincal
Sur
Travincal

Sur
That may be true with raw numbers, but places like
Travincal
will give you the opportunity to get any rune from
Mal
to
Cham
, with an astounding return rate. At my height of horking
Travincal
, I was able to get an equivalent value of
Ohm
per day, with around 400-450 runs.

I did try to get an SOJ from NM andy just cuz I wanted to do something different, and it was very grindy, super boring, and in the end perhaps not worth it, compared to any other farming effort.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...