Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   252 views

Description

Hello,

first of all I want to thank you for making such a great site, be it the looks, database, trading and how you integrate the community into making this a repository that has it all.

Here are some things I noticed after a couple of trades that could be improved in the future:

Setting the region you play in on your profile leads to confusion for some people
I noticed some people don't know that there is cross-progression between all of the regions, thus letting you trade everywhere if you change the region of the game on Battle.net.
I know that isn't really a problem of the site but setting no region on the profile will most likely lead to more trades since people don't instantly discard your offer when they see your region.
Maybe setting up a PSA or a note in the region settings will inform those who don't know.

Listing an item on the market, being able to find and make people see your magic and rare items better
The site already recognizes items when you decide to list a specific piece which is great, it can be easily found either on the market by searching or by visiting the item on the database and seeing active and sold listings.
I would love to have dropdown lists/text boxes/radio buttons to specify properties or fill in values that can roll differently on the item you chose if it has non-fixed values instead of putting everything in the description.
Doing that doesn't have to be automated though (which would be more realistic to implement, otherwise it's probably way more work for you).
The dropdown lists/text boxes/radio buttons could just always be there when creating a new trade and people just pick what's right for their item with a complete list of properties to choose from (the additional properties would be mainly for listing magic and rare items).
It would improve listings and also the ability to find those listings by adding them as filters next to the search box in the market (especially for rare and magic items that currently get lost in the market; this is even the case for uniques like the
Hellfire Torch
, since so many are listed but only a few are shown as active and sold, it's hard to find specific ones).
People don't list their rare amulets, skiller grand charms or other magic and rare items just by the base type and fill out the description like the system wants you to.
That makes them harder to find. Those listings also don't show up in active or sold trades if you do that (little side note). More items would get listed as their base type after adding the properties like I mentioned, making the market more overseeable.
Let me show you an example of the "New Trade" function after adding the suggestions:
(this is just to show the properties that should be covered when listing an item and filters to be added to the market for making searching more refined and intuitive)
Resurrected/Legacy Example 1: Resurrected Example 2: Resurrected
Name of the item or Base type Example 1: Amulet Example 2:
Skin of the Vipermagi
Rarity Example 1: Rare Example 2: Unique
Sockets Example 1: 0 Example 2: 1
Ethereal Example 1: No Example 2: Yes
Properties (picked individually) Example 1: +2 To Amazon Skill Levels; +23 to Strength; All Resistances +11 Example 2: Magic Damage Reduced By 12; All Resistances +30
Description Example 1: N
Um
Example 2: Socketed w/
Zod
; N
Vex
Either the system is automated and recognizes items and only lets you pick properties that can differ for that item and lets you fill in values afterwards or you just pick the properties out of a complete list yourself (which would have to be done for magic/rare items anyway).
Searching for a Sorc Lightning Skiller would be as easy as searching for "Grand Charm", picking the property filter for "+{x} To Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)" and typing/selecting "1" or "Any" in the dropdown list/text box.

Thanks for listening and have a nice day!

silec
Description by silec

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello,

first of all I want to thank you for making such a great site, be it the looks, database, trading and how you integrate the community into making this a repository that has it all.

Here are some things I noticed after a couple of trades that could be improved in the future:

Setting the region you play in on your profile leads to confusion for some people
I noticed some people don't know that there is cross-progression between all of the regions, thus letting you trade everywhere if you change the region of the game on Battle.net.
I know that isn't really a problem of the site but setting no region on the profile will most likely lead to more trades since people don't instantly discard your offer when they see your region.
Maybe setting up a PSA or a note in the region settings will inform those who don't know.

Listing an item on the market, being able to find and make people see your magic and rare items better
The site already recognizes items when you decide to list a specific piece which is great, it can be easily found either on the market by searching or by visiting the item on the database and seeing active and sold listings.
I would love to have dropdown lists/text boxes/radio buttons to specify properties or fill in values that can roll differently on the item you chose if it has non-fixed values instead of putting everything in the description.
Doing that doesn't have to be automated though (which would be more realistic to implement, otherwise it's probably way more work for you).
The dropdown lists/text boxes/radio buttons could just always be there when creating a new trade and people just pick what's right for their item with a complete list of properties to choose from (the additional properties would be mainly for listing magic and rare items).
It would improve listings and also the ability to find those listings by adding them as filters next to the search box in the market (especially for rare and magic items that currently get lost in the market; this is even the case for uniques like the
Hellfire Torch
, since so many are listed but only a few are shown as active and sold, it's hard to find specific ones).
People don't list their rare amulets, skiller grand charms or other magic and rare items just by the base type and fill out the description like the system wants you to.
That makes them harder to find. Those listings also don't show up in active or sold trades if you do that (little side note). More items would get listed as their base type after adding the properties like I mentioned, making the market more overseeable.
Let me show you an example of the "New Trade" function after adding the suggestions:
(this is just to show the properties that should be covered when listing an item and filters to be added to the market for making searching more refined and intuitive)
Resurrected/Legacy Example 1: Resurrected Example 2: Resurrected
Name of the item or Base type Example 1: Amulet Example 2:
Skin of the Vipermagi
Rarity Example 1: Rare Example 2: Unique
Sockets Example 1: 0 Example 2: 1
Ethereal Example 1: No Example 2: Yes
Properties (picked individually) Example 1: +2 To Amazon Skill Levels; +23 to Strength; All Resistances +11 Example 2: Magic Damage Reduced By 12; All Resistances +30
Description Example 1: N
Um
Example 2: Socketed w/
Zod
; N
Vex
Either the system is automated and recognizes items and only lets you pick properties that can differ for that item and lets you fill in values afterwards or you just pick the properties out of a complete list yourself (which would have to be done for magic/rare items anyway).
Searching for a Sorc Lightning Skiller would be as easy as searching for "Grand Charm", picking the property filter for "+{x} To Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)" and typing/selecting "1" or "Any" in the dropdown list/text box.

Thanks for listening and have a nice day!

silec
Request fulfilledby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
Fixed/feature request fulfilled in v1.0 - see patch notes here.
OP
Revised the post and added some things. Still think this is pretty relevant.
Especially for Magic and Rare items (Amulets, Circlets, Small Charms, Grand Charms etc.) or Uniques like the
Hellfire Torch
(being able to find class specific ones is crucial) where listings aren't visible for more than a few hours which makes finding the right one for your class hard and also leads to people constantly deleting and recreating their trades.

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
@silec I've read your post and all of this is being changed in the next patch. Thanks for your detailed feedback, even if it is a repeat of what everyone else is posting every 5 minutes in this forum.

I'm busy working on it - would give a proper response if I had time, but if I spent all my time responding to people in here then I'd never get the issues fixed.

It's being worked on.

OP
Thanks a bunch. Those are some great news. Looking forward to the next patch.
Have been using the site for all sorts of things. Really appreciate what you've done here.
I agree. With these changes the site would be even better as it is to difficult to sell your rare and magic items atm.

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Fixed/feature request fulfilled in v1.0 - see patch notes here.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...