diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   7091 views

Description

From reddit:
Blizzard wrote:
(PezRadar) ...expect the changes for
Diablo Clone
events to appear with 2.4. The changes that are coming will make it a global event as opposed to IP based. We will have more info on this later.
So whilst there is no mention of it in the patch notes, it appears they are indeed aware of the issues/exploits around spawning
Diablo Clone
and will be doing something to change it - no details yet, but we know from another blue post that it will make the event 'more accessible'.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
From reddit:
Blizzard wrote:
(PezRadar) ...expect the changes for
Diablo Clone
events to appear with 2.4. The changes that are coming will make it a global event as opposed to IP based. We will have more info on this later.
So whilst there is no mention of it in the patch notes, it appears they are indeed aware of the issues/exploits around spawning
Diablo Clone
and will be doing something to change it - no details yet, but we know from another blue post that it will make the event 'more accessible'.

finally some accessible Anni's :D
If you can't "exploit" the server IPs to get annis to you and your friends, I wonder how many people would still sell sojs if they weren't the only ones to get any annis.

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
Now this is a great news need this to complete my collection of items 😀 a torch without Anni looks sad and it hurts my eyes ..

Schnorki 3197Moderator

PC
Very curious to see how this ends up being triggered in the end.

Global is an interesting idea in itself as it effectively kills (read: over-floods) the
Annihilus
market, so long as the trigger is something that can be achieved even remotely on a consistent basis.

Yet, if the trigger remains something expensive akin to selling SoJs, it begs the question is to how many people would even still contribute, knowing that they wouldn't miss out, even if they didn't.

But who knows, maybe it ends up being something of a pure numbers game with something otherwise completely worthless. E.g. "sell 15000-20000 standards of heroes". No real reason not to participate as there is literally no other use or value to the item. And easy to balance between "happens all the time" and "noone ever sees DClone" simply by adjusting the trigger value.

Deleted User 632 0

they could just give the clone a high chance to spawn in games were soj was sold and low chance to spawn in games were soj wasn't sold during the global event. i also like the idea of any unique item sold have a low chance to spawn clone. more chance to spawn clone and it would also serve as a item sink.

Schnorki 3197Moderator

PC
The downside of that being that it'd all but completely remove the free item games to help out random noobs. That's like 98% uniques.
As for me it sounds not very interesting. Diablo II is about grinding and repetitive runs for bosses and locations. It was good to spend really lots of hours to get SOJ to participate in
Diablo Clone
walks.

Hard and long quest for the good item.

I feel like Diablo II needs more really hard challenges to be really endless and give us more happy farming hours.
I can't wait to see what it's about, but 'global events' makes it sound like... It'll spawn on all games?

If that's the case, this means just about everyone will get an Anni everytime it spawns? (well, everyone who's currently playing the game)?
As someone who still doesn't have an Anni I would love to get one, but something like that would make them basically worthless after a few spawns.
Sure the perfect stats ones will still go for a hefty price, but for most people the difference isn't even that big between the worst possible Anni and the best possible Anni.

(Also, if it DOES spawn on all games, it'll be quite chaotic in the lobby!)

Perhaps it won't work like that though.
Maybe something like "Selling a SoJ will spawn a clone on your game, and 1% chance on every other game", something like that?
So you would trade 1 SoJ for an Anni, and the other people would have a small chance of getting one randomly.
I used to like seeing the "XXXX
Stone of Jordan
sold to merchants" back in the day. I have not seen it a single time since D2R launched.

I wouldn't mind it if they changed it from SoJ to
Standard of Heroes

Durok 11

PC
mishabg wrote: 2 years ago
it would also mean that you could game hop to get more than 1 anni?
VolitionSin wrote: 2 years ago
Stone of Jordan
sold to merchants" back in the day. I have not seen it a single time since D2R launched.

Standard of Heroes
I literally saw "3 Stones of Jordan sold to vendors" on the PTR about an hour or so ago.

Schnorki 3197Moderator

PC
P2Mc28 wrote: 2 years ago
VolitionSin wrote: 2 years ago
Stone of Jordan

Standard of Heroes
I literally saw "3 Stones of Jordan sold to vendors" on the PTR about an hour or so ago.
I do believe they said changes would happen with 2.4 but not on the PTR. So the SoJ message still being implemented there doesn't mean anything.
mishabg wrote: 2 years ago
I can't wait to see what it's about, but 'global events' makes it sound like... It'll spawn on all games?

If that's the case, this means just about everyone will get an Anni everytime it spawns? (well, everyone who's currently playing the game)?
As someone who still doesn't have an Anni I would love to get one, but something like that would make them basically worthless after a few spawns.
Sure the perfect stats ones will still go for a hefty price, but for most people the difference isn't even that big between the worst possible Anni and the best possible Anni.

Perhaps it won't work like that though.
Maybe something like "Selling a SoJ will spawn a clone on your game, and 1% chance on every other game", something like that?
So you would trade 1 SoJ for an Anni, and the other people would have a small chance of getting one randomly.
then the design of the
Annihilus
Charm should be re-modified to have many more possible variations like the
Hellfire Torch

instead of +1 to all skills, now switch to +2 to random hero all skills.

done, now the quest will be endless for the right combination to sell in the trading market or equip your multiple heroes, it'll be sorc anni being the most expensive.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Very curious to see how this ends up being triggered in the end.

Global is an interesting idea in itself as it effectively kills (read: over-floods) the
Annihilus
market, so long as the trigger is something that can be achieved even remotely on a consistent basis.

Yet, if the trigger remains something expensive akin to selling SoJs, it begs the question is to how many people would even still contribute, knowing that they wouldn't miss out, even if they didn't.

But who knows, maybe it ends up being something of a pure numbers game with something otherwise completely worthless. E.g. "sell 15000-20000 standards of heroes". No real reason not to participate as there is literally no other use or value to the item. And easy to balance between "happens all the time" and "noone ever sees DClone" simply by adjusting the trigger value.
I imagine it'll be regulated to something like once a month or once every 3 months at the most frequent in order to prevent it becoming a common item. I'd also guess the drop isn't guaranteed.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...