41 replies   5490 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3174Moderator

PC
yliu wrote: 2 years ago
Project diablo 2 gives some good ideas, such as: give
Teleport
from items including Enigma or Naj a cool down.

Some classes need to be improved.
The game is only good for Sorc, Hammerdin, or Pitserker.
Other characters are still playable or have particular usages (such as Smiter, or dueling characters), but much inefficient than Sorc or Hammerdin.
You do realize that removing the ability to freely
Teleport
without a cooldown from everyone but sorces will achieve the exact opposite of the increase in variety of efficient classes you're looking for, right? If item-
Teleport
got a cooldown, NOTHING would challenge a farming sorc.

Teleport
in itself really can't be messed with without breaking a class-defining feature of the sorceress. It also can't be messed with on Enigma/items only because that would make sorceresses rule all, much like the olden days (or the first days of any new ladder season while noone has Enigma yet).
Teleport
in D2 is a given. And it is part of what makes D2 as "fast" as it is, which imo is a good thing.
What should be done (if anything) is to introduce some alternatives to Enigma that aren't chest armors. At least that way you could get back some variety in gear.
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
I kinda understand. Probably no one will ever buy this from me. I like the idea
Only because of the name I would buy it,

I got a Barbarian with the name NoBalls, and when I made a rune word for our Paladin in the group I personalized it just to troll him :p

Till this day his Spirit is called: NoBalls's
Monarch

~Your PC is so slow, even Jesus complains about the lag~

Gunar 35

Amazon PC
Get rid of break points / frame based calculations. Simple as that.

Can you even imagine: 3% fcr on your sorc beeing exactly that. 10% ias equaling 10% more attack speed.
Two inventories (i.e. double the current inven space). One that can be used for normal stuff or charms, and one that can only be used for normal stuff. Having to put everything into your cube to "maximize" your character is kinda crappy.
This may not fit into "non game breaking ideas" but I'd love to see a cube recipe to multiply monstor density in game to 5x or something like in those simple SP mods. Then all areas become farmable for end game characters and you can explore all maps/ have alot more fun.

This wouldn't necessarily break the game - the cost of the recipe would just have to be high enough that it is only marginally worth using it on P1 - e.g. a token, any torch, 2
Standard of Heroes
, "x" rune and any elite unique item or something similar.

If the returns on investment for then farming whole game are marginal on P1, they would be decent on P7 and folks would therefore be encouraged to play more in multiplayer games and chip in for buy in cost.

For something that would cost very little to program, this would add alot of end-game content to a game seriously lacking it.

I think this could really open whole game up...

Gunar 35

Amazon PC
Make
Arrows
/
Bolts
and more importantly potions auto picked up whenever they fit the remaining consumables in their slots.
"Let's see your non-game breaking ideas"

Chat proceeds to list all kinds of game breaking ideas

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
How about auto pickup your dead body when you are near it.

I can never click on my body as it is usually surrounded by potions.

atari 452

Europe XLinux
IMHO a better lobby with some filters so you can easier find the games you actually want to join would be a really nice improvement
They should fix the
Key
stacking situation. Keys are stackable, but they don't automatically stack if you by from vendors.

Really they need to either make items stackable, or increase stash space. It's ridiculous to me that they haven't done this yet.

Also it would be nice if unique/set jewelry had unique skins as well.

Available for trade after 6pm EST - US

Necrarch 1600Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Make a 4x4 cube instead of 4x3 :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Gunar wrote: 2 years ago

Can you even imagine: 3% fcr on your sorc beeing exactly that. 10% ias equaling 10% more attack speed.
It's kind of inexcusable at this point that we have to go look up what attack stats will be in 3rd party IAS calculators.

Necrarch 1600Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Necrarch wrote: 2 years ago
Make a 4x4 cube instead of 4x3 :)
Adding to that as it is also nice to have :
- Deckard identifies also what is in the cube.
- You can sell directly from the cube with the standard right click on it.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
worstd2playerever wrote: 2 years ago

It's kind of inexcusable at this point that we have to go look up what attack stats will be in 3rd party IAS calculators.
Built-in calculator is one thing, but it is even more inexcusable that a new game is using frame-based mechanics because it was a technical limitation 20 years ago.
Speaking of calculators, I wish they made LCS (Lying Character Screen) great again - that is, not lying, and with more features than just aggregated item bonuses (new in D2R).
DPS meter (calculating in real time, not based on theoretical values) would be extra useful - something that third party calculators will never reproduce.

Teebling 5824Admin

Europe PC
Trang Oul wrote: 2 years ago
DPS meter (calculating in real time, not based on theoretical values) would be extra useful - something that third party calculators will never reproduce.
I never actually thought of this. Would be kind of a neat thing to be able to monitor DPS in realtime. Wonder if any modders at Phrozen Keep or elsewhere are making a DPS meter mod/if it's possible in D2R @Darbon any ideas on that?

Darbon 120

Paladin Europe PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago

I never actually thought of this. Would be kind of a neat thing to be able to monitor DPS in realtime. Wonder if any modders at Phrozen Keep or elsewhere are making a DPS meter mod/if it's possible in D2R @Darbon any ideas on that?
This would require some serious programming skills, I would start looking in to bringing out debug console because it probably stores this info and then to make the mod cheaper I would put this info in place of "hit missed" pop up.

- A loot filter. Sometimes there's just so much drops, the good stuff could actually not even show up on screen...
- A loot tracker; Once you've set up your loot filter, it'd still be nice to have a little chat window telling you when items you want dropped, because quite a few classes can kill stuff offscreen. Many players have stories about how they almost missed an offscreen highrune... And surely many players WOULD have those stories, but never actually saw it, and lost high runes.
- Shapeshifting druids being able to cast spells when in wolf form. It's super annoying to shapeshift back to BO and stuff every minute.
- Stackable runes/gems/keys/etc...
- More character slots.
- This one would be hard to implement, but: Less 'one button' classes. Or to put it another way: More flexibility between playing chill with 1 button, or playing efficient with many abilities. Some classes can do that (say if I play a trap sin, I can alternate between using light traps,
Death Sentry
Fire Blast
etc.. to clear everything efficiently, or I can just be lazy and walk around laying lightning traps and ignoring everything that doesn't die. It's nice to have the option. But some other builds don't really have the option, they only have lazymode, running around pressing 1 button, and not much they can do to be more efficient; 1 button gameplay IS already their most efficient play).
worstd2playerever wrote: 2 years ago

100% agreed.
Either make everything straightforward (+5% speed means you do the thing 5% faster), OR you put in calculators/information in game.
There's so many information that's unavailable to the players unless they go outside the game, it's ridiculous.
I've been playing D2R for months, and D2 for years, thousands of hours, yet it's rare that a full week passes without me learning something I had no idea about the game.
Darbon wrote: 2 years ago
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago

This would require some serious programming skills, I would start looking in to bringing out debug console because it probably stores this info and then to make the mod cheaper I would put this info in place of "hit missed" pop up.
That's a good direction. All WoW DPS meters I know are based on the "combat log" console, which reports all damage done and received, skills used, healing and so on. I wish we had such a console in Diablo (both 2 and 3).
But OTOH, wouldn't it make more harm than good? Every build (or item) would be assessed in terms of DPS, if such a calculation was easily available.
mishabg wrote: 2 years ago
- Shapeshifting druids being able to cast spells when in wolf form. It's super annoying to shapeshift back to BO and stuff every minute.
Only buffs, not all spells. Otherwise all elemental druids would be werebears, so they benefit from life (
Lycanthropy
) and defense (
Werebear
) bonuses, treating shifting skills as a one point wonders.
This one's not from me, I read it in some youtube comment or something:

Being able to send the merc away for a time.
If I run Diablo with my merc he will almost never die, but if I run cows/trav he dies all the time, unless I micromanage him a lot, which is annoying.
So It'd be nice if we could just send him back/bring him back without paying 50k everytime we want to run different instances.
So if I want to run trav I would just leave him away, then when I run Diablo I'd bring him back.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...