Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
23 replies   5892 views

Description

Hammerdin
I am now 650% MF now on (3P Set) from 250%MF
After so hard making gear and charms for magic find, i didn't able to feel any difference. Same as before but clearing time decreases and using lot of potions.
I only do bosses like mef,diablo,ande,pinselskin( i don't know why people him, i never saw unique from him), eldrich, shank and nihithank ( since i found nature Peace ring).
I don't do lvl85 runs since it feel like needle in a haystack atleast boss drops some low unique.

I latest found mef chamber stairs so close to waygate but he didn't droping any unique after 20 runs i only see set items that force me to write this post.
I have few questions
•Is changing map by going difficulty affect the equips drops?( Not saying he drops more just saying different types same Tc equips)
• is last minute changing by taping W
Key
make any difference. Theoretically it should but i didn't seen any difference.
. Is killing speed effect magic find.
• how make sockets in unique i have 4 harlequin
Helm
somebody say put
Perfect Topaz
for more magic find.
• is magic find graph make curve or step graph like if 399% mf is equal to 300% mf untill reach 400%.
• can you guys share you tips and tricks which you see difference by making some adjustments with your own eyes not thoeritical number.

I am looking for
Arachnid Mesh
(650%MF player set 3) already done more than 300 mef dia runs
What are odds rough numbers pls?

Also if you can point me towards good MF guides also good THANKS.
Description by Mines

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hammerdin
I am now 650% MF now on (3P Set) from 250%MF
After so hard making gear and charms for magic find, i didn't able to feel any difference. Same as before but clearing time decreases and using lot of potions.
I only do bosses like mef,diablo,ande,pinselskin( i don't know why people him, i never saw unique from him), eldrich, shank and nihithank ( since i found nature Peace ring).
I don't do lvl85 runs since it feel like needle in a haystack atleast boss drops some low unique.

I latest found mef chamber stairs so close to waygate but he didn't droping any unique after 20 runs i only see set items that force me to write this post.
I have few questions
•Is changing map by going difficulty affect the equips drops?( Not saying he drops more just saying different types same Tc equips)
Key
. Is killing speed effect magic find.
Helm
somebody say put
Perfect Topaz
for more magic find.
• is magic find graph make curve or step graph like if 399% mf is equal to 300% mf untill reach 400%.
• can you guys share you tips and tricks which you see difference by making some adjustments with your own eyes not thoeritical number.

I am looking for
Arachnid Mesh
(650%MF player set 3) already done more than 300 mef dia runs
What are odds rough numbers pls?

Also if you can point me towards good MF guides also good THANKS.
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
Key
Should work, and also if the hireling deals the final blow, his MF is added to thine.
• Is killing speed effect magic find.
Indirectly. Faster kills = more runs per time = more drops.
Helm
somebody say put
Perfect Topaz
for more magic find.
Siege on Harrogath
quest reward.
No breakpoints, but (heavy) diminishing returns for rare, set and unique items:

Schnorki 3152Moderator

PC
A few points here:
- Yes, higher level areas do have different drops. That's why places like Pits and Tunnels are so popular because boss packs there can actually drop ANY item in the game. The same is not true for most act bosses so don't for example expect
Mephisto
to be able to drop the same rare end-game items. The act bosses do drop more uniques on average, true, but excluding
Baal
, the ones that they do drop are limited.
- Yes, weapon switching makes a difference. Your MF is applied when you kill the target and not while you fight it. So if you switch to say an Ali Baba offhand right before the mob dies, that extra MF is applied in full. Extra MF from your merc is applied if he gets the killing blow, though it typically isn't worth waiting a minute for him to finishi off a mob just for his extra 50% or whatever.
- Killing speed is inversely affected by magic find in most cases. This is because the more you focus on magic find, the more you typically give up for it in offensive stats, in turn slowing down your kill speed. Additionally, magic find has diminishing returns. So once you cross the 300-400 mark, you typically don't want to stack any more unless you can do so without sacrificing any noticable amount of kill speed.
- You can socket unique items by going to
Larzuk
after you've completed the socket quest (Act 5, Quest 1). This applies to helmets, weapons, armor and shields. They will always only get 1 socket.
- Magic find (unlike many other stats) does not have specific breakpoints. So 300 is not the same as 399. Every single % helps. It does have diminishing returns though as previously mentioned.

As hinted at above, try to aim for 300-400 MF, then make sure you still have sufficient offensive stats to keep your kill speed up. Only after those do you then focus on more MF. 650 MF is great and all but if you lose significant clear speed for it, then it is significantly worse in the long run than 400mf with much faster clear speed.

Additionally, do give the higher areas a shot. While you may get annoyed by the boss packs dropping uniques and such less often than Meph or Andy, when they do drop them you actually have a chance of much, much better drops than Meph or Andy. Adding to that, you can actually find all runes in those areas as well, further increasing the long-term value of your runs.

Oh and the reason folks tend to kill
Pindleskin
in every run is because it literally only takes like 5 seconds. He doesn't drop uniques as much but when he does, they have a decent shot at being pretty good because there's only 3 (4? I think it was 3..) items he can't drop.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
While on paper, more Magic Find = More drops, rng is a huge Factor.
That's why kill speed in some way does affect magic find. The more often you can kill bosses or clear areas the higher the chances some good items will drop, so never give up killing speed for more magic find.
0-200% MF are the most important steps, everything above 400-500% MF is kinda waste. The effective magic find added is not really worth it and will be outweighted by RNG. If you consider some of the drop chances, you will see, that "Nothing out of 20 runs" is normal, sometimes you won't get any good stuff out of 200 runs or more.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
OP
Trang Oul wrote: 2 years ago
Key
Should work, and also if the hireling deals the final blow, his MF is added to thine.
• Is killing speed effect magic find.
Indirectly. Faster kills = more runs per time = more drops.
Helm
somebody say put
Perfect Topaz
for more magic find.
Siege on Harrogath
quest reward.
That's so fast clearly a work of farm lord. Thanks for graph i learn faster with graph clearly rare drop increase, unique has slight increase. I didn't know about the merc adds too. Thnx
OP
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
A few points here:
- Yes, higher level areas do have different drops. That's why places like Pits and Tunnels are so popular because boss packs there can actually drop ANY item in the game. The same is not true for most act bosses so don't for example expect
Mephisto
to be able to drop the same rare end-game items. The act bosses do drop more uniques on average, true, but excluding
Baal
, the ones that they do drop are limited.
- Yes, weapon switching makes a difference. Your MF is applied when you kill the target and not while you fight it. So if you switch to say an Ali Baba offhand right before the mob dies, that extra MF is applied in full. Extra MF from your merc is applied if he gets the killing blow, though it typically isn't worth waiting a minute for him to finishi off a mob just for his extra 50% or whatever.
- Killing speed is inversely affected by magic find in most cases. This is because the more you focus on magic find, the more you typically give up for it in offensive stats, in turn slowing down your kill speed. Additionally, magic find has diminishing returns. So once you cross the 300-400 mark, you typically don't want to stack any more unless you can do so without sacrificing any noticable amount of kill speed.
- You can socket unique items by going to
Larzuk
after you've completed the socket quest (Act 5, Quest 1). This applies to helmets, weapons, armor and shields. They will always only get 1 socket.
- Magic find (unlike many other stats) does not have specific breakpoints. So 300 is not the same as 399. Every single % helps. It does have diminishing returns though as previously mentioned.

As hinted at above, try to aim for 300-400 MF, then make sure you still have sufficient offensive stats to keep your kill speed up. Only after those do you then focus on more MF. 650 MF is great and all but if you lose significant clear speed for it, then it is significantly worse in the long run than 400mf with much faster clear speed.

Additionally, do give the higher areas a shot. While you may get annoyed by the boss packs dropping uniques and such less often than Meph or Andy, when they do drop them you actually have a chance of much, much better drops than Meph or Andy. Adding to that, you can actually find all runes in those areas as well, further increasing the long-term value of your runs.

Oh and the reason folks tend to kill
Pindleskin
in every run is because it literally only takes like 5 seconds. He doesn't drop uniques as much but when he does, they have a decent shot at being pretty good because there's only 3 (4? I think it was 3..) items he can't drop.
So act bosses except
Baal
has less variety thats why they drop same type again and again. But i read some where aracmid mesh drop mef is best monster. I have alibaba with 2 socket i will try that . 85 areas take lot of time pit and choas century.
You write good stuff i will take screenshot of this.
Ok i try
Pindleskin
too.
One more question : which number of players i set would be best ?
[/quote]

Looks like around 600% is the max you really wanna try to get?

check out my available trades member/hav0c_2/

all items are negotiable. I'll probably accept a counter offer if you don't lowball me

Schnorki 3152Moderator

PC
The number of players again depends on your clear speed.

Higher number of players does not improve the quality of drops but it does reduce the number of "no drops", meaning you get more items for the same amount of kills and hence obviously also more chances at something good.
However, if you take 3 times longer to kill stuff for twice the items (arbitrary numbers to make a point), then it is still a worse approach than sticking to P1, clearing 3 times faster for then 3 times the items in the same time (albeit with more mobs/clears).

If you are looking for specific items and their drop chances, consult one of the various calculators out there. That'll give you what you need. For example:
https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2-drop-calculator
OP
hav0c_2 wrote: 2 years ago
Looks like around 600% is the max you really wanna try to get?
[/quote]
Hmm... I am taking back my heart of oak and change
Belt
to
Goldwrap
i think 450 i will decent attack,fcr and mf too. Tnx
OP

Higher number of players does not improve the quality of drops but it does reduce the number of "no drops", meaning you get more items for the same amount of kills and hence obviously also more chances at something good.
However, if you take 3 times longer to kill stuff for twice the items (arbitrary numbers to make a point), then it is still a worse approach than sticking to P1, clearing 3 times faster for then 3 times the items in the same time (albeit with more mobs/clears).

If you are looking for specific items and their drop chances, consult one of the various calculators out there. That'll give you what you need. For example:
Thnx wise one
OP

I have a one last question srry for the trouble.😖
If one equip says it has 1:900 chance to drop something. Then there is guarantee one drop in 900 runs ?. And how these runs can be like if have to do 900 runs, everytime i save i have to kill that boss if i manage to skip one time then run effected ? Like i would be dropped at that run that it skip 😕. Is these proper way for runs i like to know.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
Drops are not calculated like that. So no worry if you don't get the kill in one run, it won't reset any kind of "streak".
It's luck after all. You might get an Item with chance 1:900 on first run or on 910. There's no guarantee after all but a really really high chance you will get it within that range of runs.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.

Schnorki 3152Moderator

PC

I have a one last question srry for the trouble.😖
If one equip says it has 1:900 chance to drop something. Then there is guarantee one drop in 900 runs ?. And how these runs can be like if have to do 900 runs, everytime i save i have to kill that boss if i manage to skip one time then run effected ? Like i would be dropped at that run that it skip 😕. Is these proper way for runs i like to know.
No. 1:900 would mean that's a chance of 1:900, not "you'll get 1 in 900 runs". There is neither a guarantee that you will get one on run 900 nor that you won't get one until you hit 900. Everytime you kill that mob, you have a 1:900 chance of getting that item. So you might get it on your first kill. You might even get 3 in a row (unlikely ;)). Or you might not get a single one in 10000 runs. And that's pure chance on kill, independent of how many runs you already did in the past.
Gave up on MF early in the season and focused on Killing speed. MF is good for finding uniques but people seem to value runes more which are not affected by MF.

So stack enough gear for full rez/skills and any additional MF is gravy (i have like <200MF).

Was able to find 2x Arachnids/Occy off Meph,
Windforce
in Ancients,
Crown of Ages
in
Mausoleum
, and
Stormspire
in Pits all with around 200 MF.

But cows gave me the most HR runes (2xBer/
Jah
/
Ohm
/
Vex
). I also run Trav/Chaos/WSK.
MF is utter crap, I have seen results of some dudes running the highest possible (1900 or something) and the loot is the same trash than with 200%.

Asha 343

Sorceress Europe PC
Graphics is one thing, but based on personal (a long one) mf experience - i advice you get mf in 240% - 290% range. Don't make it 300+ - 400%, bc you'll just get more random rares and that's it. Farmin mobs, you target set/unique items, not magical/rare ones - so moderate mf combined with strong killin gear is what you actually need here.

These numbers i suggest based on years of regular sorc 8ppl farmin 85lvl maps. If you got less than 240% - you'll notice less green/golden loot. If you go 300+ - prepare to get tired from many useless yellow one.

Good huntin 😉
I have found almost all my uniques that I use, arachnids,
Shako
, vipermagi, hoz, etc... off random unique mobs.
I never get any high level unique drops from diablo/meph/
Baal
I also didn't notice any difference between 250 and 550 mf... maybe a few more cathan seals.

I would suggest farming areas that have a large amount of unique monsters.
I found my first
Shako
off a unique shaman in act 1 dark woods, my second in act 1 catacombs off a unique spider I think.
Rakanishu
gave me a vipermagi, got my
Snowclash
off a unique in the tower, arachnids from the pits.

I've also gotten TONS of cathan's, angelic and just about every unique
Spear
/
Poleaxe
(except reapers toll which I had to trade for) from andarial, meph, diablo, and
Baal
OP
Asha wrote: 2 years ago
Graphics is one thing, but based on personal (a long one) mf experience - i advice you get mf in 240% - 290% range. Don't make it 300+ - 400%, bc you'll just get more random rares and that's it. Farmin mobs, you target set/unique items, not magical/rare ones - so moderate mf combined with strong killin gear is what you actually need here.

These numbers i suggest based on years of regular sorc 8ppl farmin 85lvl maps. If you got less than 240% - you'll notice less green/golden loot. If you go 300+ - prepare to get tired from many useless yellow one.

Good huntin 😉
I am 538mf now and i starting to see difference a little like got Unique ring from pile if Stone and
Axe
from the hidden stash and top it of all i get 2 oculus in 2 runs and dracule grasp from meph which i specially looking for so many time and i end up using laying of the hand.
One thing i am starting to notice nearly two days why i am farming no droping from monster. You know grand wazir and his minions when pop seal
Whole gang drop town portal and 10637 coin. and many monster not droping at all. I am with 538mf and player set 3 why ???

Good huntin 😉
I am 538mf now and i starting to see difference a little like got Unique ring from pile if Stone and
Axe
from the hidden stash and top it of all i get 2 oculus in 2 runs and dracule grasp from meph which i specially looking for so many time and i end up using laying of the hand.
One thing i am starting to notice nearly two days why i am farming no droping from monster. You know grand wazir and his minions when pop seal
Whole gang drop town portal and 10637 coin. and many monster not droping at all. I am with 538mf and player set 3 why ???
Seal popping technique makes monster drop as if you had 0% MF, regardless of how much MF you have on.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
OP
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago

Good huntin 😉
Axe
Seal popping technique makes monster drop as if you had 0% MF, regardless of how much MF you have on.
Nono you got me wrong i kill them with my own hand grand wazir and his minions. And is seal poping works without killing them 🤔

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation