Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
57 replies   15182 views

If additional stash tabs and character slots became purchasable, would you buy them?

You may select 1 option

Total votes: 4258

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Amethia83 wrote: 2 years ago
in PoE it made sense. that game has alot of different reasons for more stash tabs. in D2 Mules were kind of iconic to farming. plus it taught you what was junk and what you should save. stash tabs you pay for is essentially costing you to keep trash. plus anything you find useful or valuable you should trade or put into a character/alt
I don't quite see it that way, because if you have multiple mules, then that cuts into creating more character builds because now you have mules taking up the character slot instead of an actual playable character.

Having extra inventory/storage space for items means more efficiency. Having a dozen storage characters instead of expanded inventory space per character is a work-around to a poor gameplay limitation.
Having limited storage space and instead relying on selling items by trade to get rid of them to free up space doesn't work out so great when our trade economy is so unreliable. Yes it is down to player discretion to weed out the junk drops to conserve storage space, but there are also alot of items that are worthless to one player, but to another and their build it is valuable. Trying to work within the limitations is understandable because that's all we got at this time, but that doesn't justify defending the limitations when it can be improved upon imo.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
for me it would heavily depend on cost.
If it was sold in currency (gold, or even runes - a reasonable amount) I would pay it for sure. Like, I'd gladly buy additional character slots for 1
Ist
per character.

If it's sold for $, I might just not do it, on Principle; I really hate the stash limit, and even more the character limit... 20 years ago I could play 60 different characters (plus a bunch of mules) for the price of the game, and now that server space is 99% cheaper, they limit us to 20 characters/mules... That's a cheap move.

So maybe I would be stubborn and refuse to pay for this.

But maybe my will would falter and I'd buy it anyway because I like to play with a billion different builds.

Guess it'd depend on the cost... I'd be more willing to do it if it's to remove the character limit. If it's just to add like 10 characters, that feels like a trap, like buy 10 and then you still feel like you need more so you buy another 10, and so on.

Same with stash space; I feel like if I had double stash space I would just keep more crap, and still need more space.

ggs 39

Americas PC
mishabg wrote: 2 years ago
If it's sold for $, I might just not do it, on Principle; I really hate the stash limit, and even more the character limit... 20 years ago I could play 60 different characters (plus a bunch of mules) for the price of the game, and now that server space is 99% cheaper, they limit us to 20 characters/mules... That's a cheap move.
I don't disagree, on Principle, but 20 years ago, you also had to log in every 90 days or your toons started turning to dust. Worse, actually. Statues. You could still see them, you just couldn't do anything with them. It stung. So they were definitely mitigating their server costs at the expense of your play time/attention span. Take a break? Say goodbye to X weeks? Months? Years of work. Etc.

ggs 39

Americas PC
halflife wrote: 2 years ago
Amethia83 wrote: 2 years ago
in PoE it made sense. that game has alot of different reasons for more stash tabs. in D2 Mules were kind of iconic to farming. plus it taught you what was junk and what you should save. stash tabs you pay for is essentially costing you to keep trash. plus anything you find useful or valuable you should trade or put into a character/alt
I don't quite see it that way, because if you have multiple mules, then that cuts into creating more character builds because now you have mules taking up the character slot instead of an actual playable character.

Having extra inventory/storage space for items means more efficiency. Having a dozen storage characters instead of expanded inventory space per character is a work-around to a poor gameplay limitation.
Having limited storage space and instead relying on selling items by trade to get rid of them to free up space doesn't work out so great when our trade economy is so unreliable. Yes it is down to player discretion to weed out the junk drops to conserve storage space, but there are also alot of items that are worthless to one player, but to another and their build it is valuable. Trying to work within the limitations is understandable because that's all we got at this time, but that doesn't justify defending the limitations when it can be improved upon imo.
I see this whole thing as fundamentally different than PoE. PoE is free. You want stash tabs? You can pay for more. AND, you can pay for better! But... I already paid for D2. I should get more for a paid game than I do for a free game, and I shouldn't expect to pay for things in a paid game that I don't in a free game. I mean, I'd love to see things from PoE brought over. Skins transmutations (even though most of the items in this game look the same), cosmetics, sortable stash tabs (PoE's Unique tab would solve the grail issue), etc. But I don't think I should be expected to pay in the same way they allow you to. There, it's purely to support the game if you enjoy it. Here, it does feel like it would be overreach.

Look at it this way, if you had the choice to pick up D2R or PoE, you could get the base game D2R, or PoE, and $40 of stash tabs. Which is a bunch. And nice ones! So, you'd be way ahead on storage space, plus way ahead on content: win-win!

In fact, can Blizzard just tell me how much I have to pay to make my friends play PoE instead of D2?!
Funny how old mods can have like 100 stash tabs while a major gaming corporation needs excuses on why 3 is the limit even if some members of their community offered to pay for it.
I voted yes, but that’s only if it was that or nothing. Realistically, I think stash and character slots should be expanded at no cost to players.
Do you mean paying with runes (or other in-game stuff, so it is an item sink), or P2W RMT?
Haro wrote: 2 years ago
Funny how old mods can have like 100 stash tabs while a major gaming corporation needs excuses on why 3 is the limit even if some members of their community offered to pay for it.
Modders do it for (own and players') fun. Corporations only for money.

Bass 76

Sorceress Europe Playstation
I wouldn't mind more if Blizzards added more Skins for things with their usual characteristics. For example. Offer an additional 5 different skins of the
Tal
Rashi set. Or the Immortal King. Especially, I think they will support me, and I support those who have been talking about this for a long time, they will change and add a new skin to
Shako

PSN ID- BassPV77
Time zone - UTC+3:00
DUKE NUKEM MUST DIE !
Yes, if Blizzard assures me that the increased amount of data can be safely stored without me loosing
Ber
runes or my stash in the process.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

Gunar 35

Amazon PC
Talking 'bout "Don't touch my classic Diablo!", anybody remembers this?

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
Haro wrote: 2 years ago
Because Modders doesn't need to pay the extra server cost that goes with extra stashes on a server. The limitation to 3 tabs is not because of technical difficulties or expertise but because of financial calculation. I may be even possible they have version with 100 stash tabs but removed it because of that financial calculations.
Well I voted No.

And I Will explain why even I would pay for It.

The thing is im already a pack rat and if I have more I Will loose more time saving things.

I already enjoy the new stash tabs since they save time, but scared me the way they could I mean Blizzard start selling that and later on selling runes gears etc and Who knows.

Im already enjoying the way is all going and I understand It.

If they say we Will make a new act, or anything like a new expansión and It Will cost idk 20 dollars. And in there all these things.

Then im in. All depends on how they do It.

HARDCORE

Old school HC Player
If additional stash tabs and character slots became purchasable, would you buy them?
No ! Why ?

- a special stash tab for currency must be already disponible with this game, a game remasterised that we bought 40$ ...
- and why only 3 stash tab share instead of 10 ?
- and where is the inventory special for charms ?
- and where is the "I-level" write on the items for people who craft and reroll ?
- we can understand POE who make pay 9$ for a special stash tab because this game is free and the Dev work many...
- but for D2R it's different, we bought 40$ a remasterised, and the job is not finish,
- 90% of players must continue of create of mules again and again...

- REMEMBER that more stast tab and inventory special for charms is a promise of bliz for motivate the people of buy D2R...

- the only reason i will agree for pay it's for a extention with a new act or end game for exemple, but no for a stash cause it's a part of game...

- go bliz ! you make good job, but it's not finish ! have a good day :)

Key
, Essence, Pskulls, Pgems, are welcome

WTB Small Charm with Life + All Res
WTB
Sacred Targe
44% - 45% All Res

I looking for buy many Items, maybe you have something for me
I would. Principles be damned, I want more space. Take my money, thank you!

Some of yall act like you spending money on game extra game content is a crime. These devs deserve that money. Imagine if they DIDN'T make this great game and then continue supporting it up til now! I know I'm grateful for the work they've done and I don't mind showing it with $$$

https://armlesswunder.github.io/

I don't do trades for less than
Pul
. I accept T or H keys as well.
In a heartbeat!! This is my favorite game of all time, will continue to play it as long as i can. Just grateful i found this site on the forums, i have learned so much from all of you just reading the forums> Thank You all for that!
NO thanks to Pay 2 Win.
So they make some stuff to use or not to like graphics gold pickup etc.

Why not same for waaaay more chars and tabs.

Due to the bad start of d2r they shouldn't dare to ask for money for stuff like this.

Stay a while and listen
Seeing a lot of references to PoE. I think the D3 approach is worth a mention, only because it's a Blizzard property and therefore a reasonable precedent for the company. D3 addressed this in two ways:
  • Making a limited number of additional stash tabs available for completing season objectives
  • Moving most of the crafting materials (similar to D2 currency) to a separate storage mechanism
I fully admit that 1) my D3 stash is presently 80% full of junk; and 2) I have, in fact, paid real money for PoE inventory as a microtransaction. I would almost certainly do it for D2R in case I want to chase a grail. But I also think that's a sub-optimal way for blizz to handle the issue.

I think currency storage solves at least 80% of the problem. Runes, gems, full rejuvs. Remove those from the stash situation and I'm set. That's really close to what D3 did, and I think blizz should consider it.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
I'm in, sure a nice thing. Or another option is to do things stackable. Like potions, runes, gems and other misk.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation