Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   4253 views

Description

What's the deal with people holding trades of whatever non-special item forever once they have been offered the price they ask or reached the highest price they are gonna get?

I see it more and more everyday.

- "User A: I sell this item looking for X price"

- "User B: Sure I'll do X, add me"

And user A proceeds to bump the thread for a whole week without even answering user B or getting new offers.

Or people trading runes for example, selling an
Ohm
and have been offered
Vex
+
Gul
+
Ist
+
Mal
+
Um
, to the point where I'd rather cube it myself, and keep bumping the trade a whole week without new offers.

I know they are 100% on their right to do it but is the hope for an extra
Pul
or
Lem
really worth a week or more when you had what you are asking or the top you are gonna get the first day? I don't think so.

Maybe it's just me but I find it mildly infuriating, normally if I need an item I need it in a reasonable amount of time not in a week or two.
Description by Obakemono

Can be used to make Runewords:

What's the deal with people holding trades of whatever non-special item forever once they have been offered the price they ask or reached the highest price they are gonna get?

I see it more and more everyday.

- "User A: I sell this item looking for X price"

- "User B: Sure I'll do X, add me"

And user A proceeds to bump the thread for a whole week without even answering user B or getting new offers.

Or people trading runes for example, selling an
Ohm
and have been offered
Vex
+
Gul
+
Ist
+
Mal
+
Um
, to the point where I'd rather cube it myself, and keep bumping the trade a whole week without new offers.

I know they are 100% on their right to do it but is the hope for an extra
Pul
or
Lem
really worth a week or more when you had what you are asking or the top you are gonna get the first day? I don't think so.

Maybe it's just me but I find it mildly infuriating, normally if I need an item I need it in a reasonable amount of time not in a week or two.
I’m guilty of this occasionally. It’s not always a
Lem
or
Pul

I was selling a 27% Deaths Fathom, and someone offered 3x
Vex
. I felt like that seemed fair, but I also saw someone get a
Lo
for their 28% so I didn’t pull the trigger, to see if I could get a little bit more.

This morning someone added me on bnet offering a
Lo
and I made the trade right away.

Although in my posts if I ask for a certain price and you offer it, I’ll trade right away. It’s only in the posts where I’m unsure about the price where I’ll tend to hold it open sometimes.
sonnytai331 wrote: 2 years ago
Lem
or
Pul

Vex
Lo
for their 28% so I didn’t pull the trigger, to see if I could get a little bit more.

Lo

Although in my posts if I ask for a certain price and you offer it, I’ll trade right away. It’s only in the posts where I’m unsure about the price where I’ll tend to hold it open sometimes.
I think OP is referring to people whose Asking price has already been met but they just don't close the sale. Personally when I see such sellers I just avoid them. They will do the same thing on all their sales.
MarcWizard wrote: 2 years ago
Lem
or
Pul

Vex
Lo

Lo

I think OP is referring to people whose Asking price has already been met but they just don't close the sale. Personally when I see such sellers I just avoid them. They will do the same thing on all their sales.
The issue they have is probably that they have in mind a minimum offer, and a buy it now offer. It is true that the potential offerer already met the minimum required, but they want more for it, since they believe they can get more.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
Lem
or
Pul

Vex
Lo

Lo

The issue they have is probably that they have in mind a minimum offer, and a buy it now offer. It is true that the potential offerer already met the minimum required, but they want more for it, since they believe they can get more.
i would think that if the seller posted "LF
Vex
" and a
Vex
was offered, well that's what they're looking for. If they said
Vex
+ and a
Vex
was offered and they ignored it, that's still understandable.

I'm 99.99% certain OP is not referring to the second scenario.
OP
Lem
or
Pul

Vex
Lo

Lo

That I undestand, is a
Vex
of difference that is huge and if it is a open auction you can tell the people bidding things like "no sorry, i expect more", is more what MarcWizard said, people whose asking price have been met and keep bumping the thread without even answering bidders on items where they can get what an extra
Pul
?.
Lem
or
Pul

Vex
Lo

Lo

In that case they can use words... like X+ or start at X and BIN is Y, but i see people using LF X price, offer them X price and not being answered while they keep bumping the trade...
i would think that if the seller posted "LF
Vex
" and a
Vex
was offered, well that's what they're looking for. If they said
Vex
+ and a
Vex
was offered and they ignored it, that's still understandable.

I'm 99.99% certain OP is not referring to the second scenario.
Exactly, or for example where they got almost cube price to the
Lem
and they do the same it is like do you realize that at this point i'll just cube up it myself?
Most of these sellers are just using this site as a secondary shop, they're more likely active on d2jsp and Traderie. If they're more active on the latter then they're usually asking for too much since folks there can spend higher.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Just to offer a few possibilities (all of which I myself have been "guilty" of at least once):

- Buyer submitted offer, offer was fine/accepted, no overlapping time was found with the buyer for days on end, resulting in the trade staying open for the same time with nothing happening anymore because asking price was met.

- Offer received, noted, but not acted on that night for XYZ reason (in my case having been too tired and wanting to deal with it in the morning), only to then forget about it the next day due to (for example) a plethora of new notifications.

- The "highest they are gonna get" price as you called it (which btw is your opinion and possibly in line with average recent trades but nowhere near a guaranteed high) may have been met but if someone is looking for a specific combination of runes or the like, they may opt to not take said "highest price" in favor of not having to post-trade sideways/down to what they actually want. Even if the desired combination sometimes ends up below that highest offer.

- Just not on enough to take care of things for a couple days but at least taking the minute to bump everything so you don't have to re-create every trade once you do return.

I'm sure there's countless more valid reasons for what you're seeing.
A lot of times for me personally, it's because the person offering payment of runes just isn't responding. If I can't get in contact with them, I can't sell my items to them. Eventually I just post "This is still available" in the thread.

If you offer what I am asking, add me on battle.net for a quicker trade. I'll see the notification instantly if I'm available.
As many here said, there might be plenty of reasons for seller to bump.

Perhaps it would be more transparent when people go over and shortly write "still available" etc. instead of the "bump" only.

But other than that, where can I find the dictionary to all your abbreviations used?
LF, Bin etc.
These are only question marks to me and I could not find yet their meaning anywhere.

Thx
OP
KanePortnoy wrote: 2 years ago

Perhaps it would be more transparent when people go over and shortly write "still available" etc. instead of the "bump" only.

But other than that, where can I find the dictionary to all your abbreviations used?
LF, Bin etc.
These are only question marks to me and I could not find yet their meaning anywhere.

Thx
https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Abbrevia ... d_Acronyms

Mostly that, some change with context, LF in a trade is Looking For not
Lightning Fury

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
KanePortnoy wrote: 2 years ago

LF, Bin etc.

Thx
LF (in trading context) = Looking for ...
BIN = Buy It Now (i.e. pricing for a quick sale)

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Something else to keep in mind - we have a new feature on the website that allows users to squelch people, essentially hiding all replies from a person in trade threads. It's typically used as a self-moderation tool when somebody is harassing your trade posts.

Problem is it's kind of bugged right now. I don't know what causes it or how common this is, but I have seen trade threads where every single reply is hidden and the OP isn't aware of it and didn't squelch any of those people in the first place.

So for the time being, if somebody posts a trade and you reply to it with the item the OP wanted, and he keeps posting like he never saw your offer, he may not have seen your offer. Drop the OP a direct message and see if he's down to trade or not.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
Something else to keep in mind - we have a new feature on the website that allows users to squelch people, essentially hiding all replies from a person in trade threads. It's typically used as a self-moderation tool when somebody is harassing your trade posts.

Problem is it's kind of bugged right now. I don't know what causes it or how common this is, but I have seen trade threads where every single reply is hidden and the OP isn't aware of it and didn't squelch any of those people in the first place.

So for the time being, if somebody posts a trade and you reply to it with the item the OP wanted, and he keeps posting like he never saw your offer, he may not have seen your offer. Drop the OP a direct message and see if he's down to trade or not.
That's...interesting.
Would probably be even more helpful as a feature if it flat out blocked those folks from posting in your trades so as not to
Confuse
others in there but still good to know that exists. :)

EnragedN3wb 188Moderator

PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago

That's...interesting.
Would probably be even more helpful as a feature if it flat out blocked those folks from posting in your trades so as not to
Confuse
The way it's supposed to work is it hides the posts of whoever the OP has squelched from everyone but the squelched person, so neither the OP or the other people who come to the trade will see the squelched user at all. It's just kind of buggy atm.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
EnragedN3wb wrote: 2 years ago
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago

That's...interesting.
Confuse
The way it's supposed to work is it hides the posts of whoever the OP has squelched from everyone but the squelched person, so neither the OP or the other people who come to the trade will see the squelched user at all. It's just kind of buggy atm.
Brilliant. Never knew that existed.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...